Terms and Conditions
*Applicants must be 18 years of age or over and earn a minimum income of $100,000 p.a. to apply for a Platinum Credit Card. American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 12 September 2011 and is subject to change. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085) ®Registered trademark of American Express Company.
1. All flights are subject to availability and American Express does not guarantee that seats nor tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Flight Offer Conditions.
2. Hotel night stay is based on a standard room with two people sharing and must be booked two weeks in advance of stay. Subject to availability. Blackout dates may apply.
3. The first 2 visits within each twelve month membership period are complimentary to the basic Cardmember only, after which every visit would be charged as per the prevailing rates; currently US$27 per person. Any accompanying guests will be charged US$27 per visit, which will be automatically charged on the Cardmember's American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card. Unused visits cannot be carried forward to the following year of membership. The number of complimentary visits will be reset to 2 per each 12-month period. Renewal terms and conditions are at the discretion of Priority Pass Ltd.
4. American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card Insurances are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card Insurances policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313) (American Express) and ACE. This brochure does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
5. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program of which you are actively enrolled in. Spending at restaurants, airlines and accommodation, major cruise and tour operators will only be eligible for increased Membership Rewards points where they are categorised as such in the American Express Merchant Acceptance system. For example, dining within a retail department store, hotels, pubs and liquor outlets may not be eligible to receive the additional points for restaurants. Membership Rewards points are awarded on the $A equivalent amount of the spend in foreign currency. Except for spend in foreign currency, purchases at these merchants are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia.
6. Supplementary Credit Cardmembers must be over 18 years of age. You will be liable for all Supplementary Credit Card spending.
7. All Interest Rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information is correct as at 15 June 2011 and is subject to change.
8. Travel services are provided by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208) Incorporated with limited liability in Delaware, USA Licenced Travel Agent, 12 Shelley Street, Sydney NSW. Licence No. NSW 2TA000113, VIC 30233, QLD TAG132, WA 9TA81, SA-TTA30, TAS-TAS064, ACT 212/D.
9. Provided that you notify us immediately upon discovery of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Card member Agreement, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.
10. Purchases must be charged in full to your American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card. Offers cannot be combined with other promotions or offers. American Express and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.
11. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Cardmember's responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply.
12. Travelscene Pty. Ltd. Licence No. NSW 2TA003629, VIC 32089, SA TTA163633, QLD 1431, WA 9TA974. Harvey World Travel Franchises Pty. Ltd. Licence No's: A.C.T: TC373, NSW/WA: 2TA5129, NT: NT001, QLD: TAG 1718, SA: TTA 165258, TAS: TAS 069, VIC: 32392. Each Travelscene American Express and some Harvey World Travel shop are independently owned and have its own travel agent's licence. Travel Agent service charges may apply.
13. Partner Terms and Conditions apply. Available to Australian enrollees who reside in Australia only. A minimum of 7,500 points must be redeemed at any one time. Copyright Webjet Marketing Pty. Ltd. ACN 063 430 848, ABN 8406 3430 848. Part of the Webjet Limited Group. Travel Agent Licence No. 32282.