Terms and conditions
To earn and redeem Velocity Points, you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions, available at velocityfrequentflyer.com , as amended from time to time.
- Points are earned in accordance with the American Express Velocity Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here . Exclusions apply. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption is subject to the Velocity Membership Terms & Conditions available at velocityfrequentflyer.com as amended from time to time. “Major supermarkets” are Bi-Lo, Flemings, Safeway, Woolworths, Coles, IGA, Franklins, Fishers, Fresh Provisions, Food For Less, Supabarn, Macro Wholefoods. Applies to transactions in Australia only. “Major petrol stations” are BP, Shell, Caltex Woolworths, 7-Eleven, Woolworths Petrol, Safeway Petrol, Peak & Gull. Applies to transactions in Australia. The earn rate of 2 Points per $1 spent on Virgin Australia only applies to purchases made in Australia only.
- Virgin Australia lounge entry passes are subject to the American Express Velocity Gold Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here. Two Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge will be activated on the Basic Cardmember's Velocity membership card annually on or after the anniversary of membership. The Virgin Australia lounge is operated by Virgin Australia Airlines Pty Ltd in selected domestic airports in accordance with the Virgin Australia lounge Terms and Conditions, available at virginaustralia.com/lounge and as amended from time to time.
- Supplementary Credit Cardmembers must be over 18 years of age. You will be liable for all Supplementary Credit Card spending.
- All Interest Rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information is correct as at 22 July 2013. and is subject to change.
- American Express Velocity Gold Card Insurances are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Velocity Gold Card Insurances policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313) (American Express) and ACE. This website does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions available here and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
- Provided that you notify us immediately upon discovery of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Cardmember Agreement, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges. "Immediately" means as soon as you are aware but no later than on or after the due date for payment of the statement in which the fraudulent transaction appears.
- Purchases must be charged in full to your American Express Velocity Gold Card. Offers cannot be combined with other promotions or offers. American Express and the business establishment reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice.