- Earn 50,000 bonus Velocity Points1
- Complimentary annual domestic return flight with Virgin Australia2
- Earn 1.5 Velocity Points per $1 spent until 22 July 2013 after which you will earn up to 3 points per dollar spent3. See Reward Yourself section
Your saved cards
Get the rewards you deserve faster with the American Express Velocity Platinum Card and boost your Points balance sky high.
• 3 Velocity Points3 per dollar spent on eligible Card purchases at:
- Virgin Australia3
- Tens of thousands of restaurants in Australia3
• 2 Points per dollar spent3 on eligible Card purchases at:
- Airlines, accommodation, major cruise and tour operators paid directly or through travel agencies3
- Spend in foreign currency when overseas and online
• 1 Point per dollar spent3 on eligible Card purchases at:
- All other providers, excluding those below
- Insurances offered by American Express
• 0.5 Point per dollar spent3 on eligible Card purchases at:
- Utilities which are gas, water and electricity providers
- Insurance offered by companies other than American Express
- Telecommunication providers which includes goods and services purchased from phone, mobile and internet service providers
- Government bodies including the Australian Taxation Office, Australia Post, federal/state and local government bodies
Relax in the knowledge that when you use your American Express Velocity Platinum Card, you'll always enjoy world-class service and protection wherever you are.
Choose from balance updates, notifications when payment is due or notification of a payment confirmation - delivered via SMS or email.close
To save time before you apply for your American Express Velocity Platinum Card, it's best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
If you can say yes, go ahead. Your application takes less than 10 minutes and we may be able to give you a response in less than 60 seconds - so apply now.
Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited. Credit provided by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and earn a minimum income of $65,000 per annum to apply for the American Express Velocity Platinum Card. American Express income and credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information, including fees, charges and interest rates are correct as at 27 February 2013 and are subject to change.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.