Important information: Credit is provided by American Express Australia Limited ABN 92 108 952 085 Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and earn a minimum income of $35,000 per annum to apply for the Qantas American Express Discovery Card. American Express income and credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information, including fees, charges and interest rates are correct as at 13 May 2013 and are subject to change.
1. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Frequent Flyer points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/terms. Qantas Frequent Flyer points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here, and exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller's cheques and foreign currencies - these do not earn Qantas Frequent Flyer points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here
2. Selected Qantas products and services are Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number) purchased on the Qantas merchant account i.e. directly from Qantas or some travel agents, and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar, Qantas Holidays and Qantas branded non-airfare products. Subject to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions available here
3. The 7,500 Qantas Frequent Flyer points offer is only available to new American Express Cardmembers who apply via the online application form by 31 December 2013, are approved and make the required eligible card spend(s). Points are awarded as follows:
- 5,000 extra points will be awarded when you spend $300 on purchases with your new Card within the first three months of becoming a Cardmember; and
- an additional 2,500 points will be awarded after the first Card spend on purchases of selected Qantas products and services in Australia.
Maximum number of points available under this offer is 7,500 points. Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions available here, and exclusions apply. Please allow 6 to 8 weeks after you have made the eligible spend for the points to be credited to your account. Qantas Frequent Flyer membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer Program available at qantas.com/terms.
4. Supplementary Cardmembers must be 18 years of age or older. You will be liable for all spending on Supplementary Cards.
5. As long as your account remains current and in good standing.
6. Please note that the points earned on your Card for a month may be determined on an earlier day to the transactions for that month appearing on your Card statement. Any points earned on your Card in a statement period which do not appear on your Card statement for that period will appear on your next Card statement.
7. Qantas & Partner Classic Award seats are subject to capacity controls and availability is strictly limited particularly around peak times such as school and public holidays. The number of seats available depends on the flight, date, season and destination. For Classic Award flights, taxes, fees and carrier charges are payable in addition to the points required, are subject to change and are quoted at the time of booking. Some flights may not have any Classic Award seats available. Award flights must be booked at least 24 hours before scheduled departure (and other advance booking requirements may apply). For more information see qantas.com
9.Qantas American Express Discovery Credit Card Insurances are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms and conditions and exclusions contained in the Qantas American Express Card Insurances policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313 (American Express) and ACE. This site does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions available here and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
10. Provided that you notify us immediately of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Card Conditions, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges. "Immediately" means as soon as you are aware but no later than on or after the due date for payment of the statement in which the fraudulent transaction appears.
11. If your Credit Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1300 363 687. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
12. Interest rates are current as at 13 May 2013 and subject to change, including changes under our Interest Rate Policy.
13. The Credit Card gives you up to 44 days interest free on purchases, depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued, whether you have obtained a balance transfer and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from the previous statement period. There are no interest free days for cash advances or balance transfers.