Packed with value
|Annual domestic economy return flight1||Valued at $22413|
|0.99% balance transfer for the first 6 months*
New Cardmembers only
|See below calculator to find out what you could save|
|10,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points4
New Cardmembers only
|Worth $100 in travel agency Gift Cards5|
|Complimentary domestic and international travel insurance6||Including up to $2,500,000 cover for Overseas Medical Emergency Expenses6|
|Fast-tracked rewards||Get up to three times the Membership Rewards Points for every dollar spent3|
0.99% p.a. balance transfer
A low-rate balance transfer can help save a significant amount on interest repayments. When you apply for the Platinum Edge Credit Card online or over the phone as a new Cardmember, you can also apply at the same time to transfer an existing balance from another account.
It’s as simple as letting us know your existing balance and account details, and we’ll organise the rest. You can transfer up to 50% of your credit limit, up to $7,500 maximum.
Once the balance transfer has been confirmed, a 1% establishment fee will be applied and you will receive a rate of 0.99% p.a. for the next 6 months*.This offer excludes any existing or previous Cardmembers.
The low rate of 0.99% p.a. expires at the end of the first 6 months of your Cardmembership and after that date the standard rate of interest will be charged on any remaining balances on your account.
Get points faster
Platinum Edge makes your everyday spend more rewarding, by giving you complimentary enrolment in the Membership Rewards Ascent program.
As an introductory offer, you'll receive 10,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points when you spend $500 on your Card within the first 2 months4 – that's enough for $100 worth of travel agency Gift Cards5. This offer excludes existing Cardmembers or previous Cardmembers who have held any American Express Card in the last 12 months. Click here to see other ways points can reward you.
You'll also get:
- 3x points per dollar spent at major supermarkets3
- 2x points per dollar spent at major petrol stations3
- 1x point per dollar spent on all other purchases excluding utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express), telecommunication providers and government bodies in Australia where you get 0.5 points per dollar spent3
- Plus, get points faster with up to 4 Supplementary Card for family members at no additional cost7
Let your points do more for you
Take off with your points
- Explore your big backyard and beyond. Transfer your points to eight leading Airline Reward Partners programs2. Velocity Frequent Flyer, Virgin Atlantic Flying Club, Cathay Pacific Asia MilesTM, Malaysia Airlines Enrich, Singapore Airlines KrisFlyer, THAI Royal Orchard Plus, Air New Zealand AirpointsTM or Etihad Guest
- Let your points pay for accommodation with our 2 Frequent Guest Partner Programs – Hilton HHonors, Starwood Preferred Guest Hotels and Resorts2
Make your next trip effortless and pay with points instantly online at Webjet8 or instore at Travelscene
American Express9 and Harvey World Travel nationwide9
Retail therapy at your fingertips
- Use your points and take your pick from an assortment of Gift Cards from Australia’s leading retailers including David Jones, Westfield, Bunnings and Coles5
- Choose from hundreds of merchandise options. Spoil yourself or someone else with products from impressive home and lifestyle brands including Apple, Samsung, Sony and Dyson10
Let your points entertain you
- From stadium rock shows to edge-of-your-seat sporting events – turn your points into an experience with Ticketmaster. Simply book at ticketmaster.com.au and select ‘Membership Rewards’ as your payment option11
Let your points pay off your purchases
- With Select + Pay with points, you can pay off your purchases, your way. Use your Membership Rewards points to target the everyday or the special purchases from your online statements12.
Cover for home or beyond
Your Card also includes domestic and international travel insurance for yourself and your family when you pay for travel on your Card6.
- Overseas Medical Emergency Expenses Cover up to $2,500,0006
- Travel Cancellation Cover up to $10,0006
- Baggage, Money and Documentation Cover up to $10,0006
- Personal Liability Cover up to $1,000,0006
- Travel Inconvenience Cover6 may even cover you for flight delays, missed connections or luggage delays