Skip to main content
Start of menu
Close Menu
[an error occurred while processing this directive]

I am unhappy with a product or service that I have paid for on my American Express Card.

Damaged or defective goods or services
If you have received goods that are damaged or defective‚ the first course of action would be for you to contact the company directly with your complaint. Should you be unhappy with their response‚ we will step in. All we need from you is a letter detailing:
Exactly what the damage/defect is (remember to include proof of purchase and any other correspondence you have available).
When the goods or services were purchased.
Details of any correspondence with the merchant (including copies of all letters).

We will then take over the investigation for you and contact the company on your behalf.
Where you have paid for goods and services that are not as described‚ for example a painting that is not authentic, we will assist you with your complaint.
Unfortunately‚ in this type of situation, there is no recourse we can take because you have entered directly into a contract with the supplier of the goods and/or service. Because of this‚ our advice would be for you to contact the merchant in question directly‚ explaining your situation.

There are two ways you can contact us with regards to a product or service that you have paid for on your American Express Card but are unhappy about.
Simply call us – enter your Card number, then follow the prompts in our automated voice system. To locate the number go to Contact Us
Complete the Dispute Form online, print it and simply fax or mail to the contact details on the form (please remember to attach all information requested with the form).