* Comparison is between the American Express AeroplanPlus Card and the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card.
° Aeroplan Program is subject to terms, conditions and restrictions established by Aeroplan. For details, please see aeroplan.com..
1. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Basic Cardmember may redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles for one short-haul roundtrip ClassicFlight Reward Ticket in Economy Class and receive a complimentary second short-haul roundtrip ClassicFlight Reward Ticket in Economy Class for the same itinerary (Partner Ticket). Aeroplan short-haul travel options will vary according to departure city. Aeroplan Miles used for the flight reward ticket must be from the American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cardmember's Aeroplan account. Cardmember is entitled to one Partner Ticket redemption annually based on Cardmembership anniversary date. Flight reward tickets and Partner Tickets are subject to availability in Economy Class and capacity control. The flight reward ticket and Partner Ticket must be booked directly by calling Aeroplan at 1-800-361-5373. Aeroplan booking fee is waived, however, applicable fees and taxes will apply and payment must be made using an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Flight reward ticket and Partner Ticket may be changed subject to availability and provided both passengers travel on the same flights. An Aeroplan change fee will be applied to each ticket. Cardmember may cancel both tickets if cancellation criteria is met and each ticket will be subject to an Aeroplan reinstatement fee. Aeroplan Miles used for the flight reward ticket will be reinstated and Cardmember will have the right to redeem for a new Partner Ticket during the then current year of Cardmembership. The Partner Ticket benefit is not transferable, cumulative, and may not be redeemed for cash. Unless otherwise stated, it cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or benefit. Partner Ticket reward is subject to change or cancellation at any time. Additional terms and conditions, including Air Reward Terms and Conditions apply and are available at www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do
2. Account must be in good standing. Aeroplan Miles will be earned on the amount of all purchases, less credits and returns. Finance Charges, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan Miles.
3. Each year, if you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your account before your anniversary date, you will earn 1.50 Aeroplan Miles for every $1.00 of additional purchases charged to your Card. Each anniversary date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Account must be in good standing.
4. Applicable at airports where Executive First®**
Priority Check-in is available and handled by Air Canada agents only. Applies to any fare, including Aeroplan reward travel. Available on any scheduled Air Canada, or Air Canada Jazz operated flight during normal operations. Supplementary Gold Card members do not receive Executive First / Executive Class Airport Priority Check-in services.
5. Quantities are limited. Cardmember must present their American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a confirmed, same-day departing ticket on Air Canada, Air Canada Jazz, Air Canada codeshare or Star Alliance flight to be permitted access to a Maple Leaf Lounge. Cardmember is permitted paid guests in the lounge, pending space availability. Access to Arrivals Lounge is available upon presentation of a valid American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a same-day confirmed boarding pass on an arriving Air Canada international flight, regardless of fare type purchased. Access is subject to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge terms and conditions and may not be available due to unforeseen circumstances. Supplementary Gold Card members do not receive Maple Leaf Lounge or Arrivals Lounge access.
®*: Aeroplan, AeroplanPlus and ClassicFlight are registered trademarks of Aeroplan Canada Inc.
TM*: Maple Leaf is a trademark of Air Canada.