1. Accounts must be in good standing. Bonus reward miles will be awarded upon first use of an approved Card. Please allow up to six weeks for the Welcome Bonus to be awarded. This offered cannot be combined with any other offer.
2. You can earn AIR MILES reward miles for eligible retail purchases at American Express merchants in Canada as follows:
- 1 reward mile for every $10 at AIR MILES Sponsors. Visit the eligible sponsor list at americanexpress.ca/airmilessponsors. List is subject to change without notice.
- 1 reward mile for every $10 at (i) stand-alone gasoline stations for automobiles, (ii) stand-alone grocery stores, and (iii) stand-alone drugstores. Purchases at merchants where gas, grocery and pharmacy sales are not their primary business (including superstores, wholesale clubs, alcohol retailers and general merchandise retailers) and purchases at sponsors do not qualify for the earn rate in this category.
- 1 reward mile for every $15 of other card purchases.
Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Earn rate of 1 reward mile for every $15 applies if the merchant code is not in an eligible category, the purchase is made using an electronic wallet or is not made directly from the provider of the good or service, e.g. through a third party or by using a mobile device (e.g. smart phone) with an attached card reader. Provided your account is in good standing, reward miles can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Funds advances, interest, fees, balance transfers, Amex cheques and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not earn reward miles.
3. No annual fee for Supplementary Cards. Must be age of majority. Maximum 9 Supplementary Cards per account. Account must be in good standing.
4. Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won't be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you've taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN. Notify us at once if your Card is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission.
5. As an added benefit, you may automatically receive Account Alerts at the email address that you have provided. These Alerts can help you manage your account by letting you know when your payment is due and when we receive your payments. You can take advantage of additional Account Alerts, customize current setting or change your reference within Online Services. Account Alerts are available via email or text message and are a free service for American Express Cardmembers. You can select to have your Account Alerts sent straight to your mobile phone; however this service is only available with select cell phone providers. Details are available within Online Services on the Account Alert Preference Page. Your mobile phone service provider may apply fees for incoming text messages. Please contact your provider for further details.
®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*TM: Trademarks of AIR MILES International Trading B.V. used under license by LoyaltyOne, Inc. and Amex Bank of Canada.