Non-Interest Charges: Dishonoured Payment Fee: $25.00 each. Charges made in foreign currencies: The conversion commission is 2.5% for each charge. Points Reinstatement Fee (Membership Rewards enrollees only): $20.00 for each reinstatement through Online Services or $30.00 for each reinstatement through other service channels (plus applicable taxes). Except as otherwise noted, these fees and commission will be charged when they are incurred and will be included on the next statement.
* No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including your credit record, account history and personal resources. Proof of resources and security may be required
1. Account must be in good standing. Membership Rewards points will be earned by the Basic Cardmember on the amount of all purchases, less credits and adjustments. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points.
2. On select events. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees.
3. When you charge your retail purchases to this Card, the free repair period and the coverage under the manufacturer's original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Applies to products purchased (motorized vehicles and their parts are excluded) with the Card in Canada and the U.S. provided the manufacturer's warranty does not exceed five years. Proof of purchase, a copy of the manufacturer's warranty and a description of the products are required to register your purchase. You will need approval from American Express before any repairs will be covered. Repair costs are limited to $25,000 per eligible item.
4. Insure up to a limit of $1,000 per occurrence (not per purchased item) for 90 days from date of purchase when you use this American Express Card. You can be reimbursed for insured occurrences not covered by any other insurance. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Read your Certificate of Insurance for full details. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurances.
5. Your room will be held until check-out time the day following your scheduled arrival or comparable accommodations will be provided. You must call ahead to request this service and be sure to ask for a confirmation number.
6. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $250,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment insurance when you fully charge your plane, train, ship or bus tickets to your Card. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependant children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependant children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by ACE INA Life Insurance, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
7. All the services associated with the Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service). In addition, services may be limited or prevented by Acts of God, war, civil commotion, labour disputes, unavailability of goods or services, or refusal of permission by local authorities.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read Certificates of Insurance carefully.
‡ As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid finance charges