Got a question? Get it answered.
Top 3 questions
- How do I apply for an American Express Card?
- How do I access information/inquire about my American Express account?
- How do I add another person to my account?
*You must be a Costco member in order to apply for and hold the TrueEarnings Card. Rebates are calculated on eligible purchases (less credits and returns) at American Express merchants and are issued as a rebate coupon in January to qualified accounts in good standing for redemption at Costco warehouses in Canada for goods, services or cash within 6 months of date issued. Coupons are not transferable. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex cheques, annual fees, other fees and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify. Rebates are also not earned on any purchases where not permitted by law. 3% rebate applies to purchases in Canada at restaurants. 2% rebate applies to consumer automobile gas purchases in Canada of up to $3000 annually (1% thereafter) at Costco and retail stand-alone gas stations (excluding superstores, supermarkets, other warehouse clubs and retail stores for which gas is an adjunct to their business). For other eligible purchases, rebate of .25% applies on the first $1000 annually, .5% applies on the next $2000 and 1% on amounts over $3000. Calculation resets annually. Percentage rebate is subject to categorization of and submission of charges by American Express merchants. Additional conditions and restrictions apply as set out in the terms accompanying the Cardmember Agreement.
‡: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
1. When you charge the full price on eligible purchases to your TrueEarnings Card, the coverage given under the manufacturer’s original warranty is automatically doubled for up to one additional year. Buyer’s Assurance Protection Plan is underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
2. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
3. On select events. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, conditions and fees.
4. Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you’ve taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN. Notify us at once if your Card is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission.
5. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $100,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance when you fully charge your common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus) tickets to your TrueEarnings Card. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by ACE INA Life Insurance, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®†: Registered trademark of Price Costco International, Inc. used under license.