Image Location: Westin Langkawi | Malaysia
The Starwood Preferred Guest Program is operated by or on behalf of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. and is subject to terms, conditions and restrictions. For details, please see www.spg.com.
* Subject to approval. The preferred rate for purchases is 19.99% and funds advances is 21.99%. If you have Missed Payments, the applicable rates for your account will be 23.99% and/or 26.99%. See the information box included with the application for the definition of Missed Payment and which rates apply to charges on your account and other details.
1. Account must be in good standing. To qualify for the 20,000 Bonus Starpoints, you must have at least $500 in net purchases posted to your account on or before your three month anniversary date. Five nights are based on five mid-week nights in a standard room at a Category 2 property. Starpoints required for a free night range from 2,000 Starpoints for a weekend night in a standard room at a Category 1 property to 35,000 Starpoints for any night in a standard room at Category 7 properties. Category 7 properties that are all suites or villas require higher Starpoints redemption. For complete information on reward stays, please see www.spg.com. Subject to Change. Starwood may change the Category in which a specific SPG participating hotel is classified at any time. The amount of Starpoints required to obtain rooms at SPG participating hotels varies by category of the SPG participating hotel and may also vary by time of year.
2. Account must be in good standing. Starpoints will be earned on the amount of all eligible purchases, less credits and returns. Funds advances, interest, balance transfers, Amex cheques, annual fees (if applicable), other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Starpoints.
3. Each year if, before the annual reset date, you reach $40,000 in net purchases charged to your account you will earn a Free Weekend Night Award redeemable within 1 year for an available single or double occupancy standard room at a participating Starwood Category 1-4 property for one Friday, Saturday or Sunday night. Account must be in good standing. On the annual reset date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Additional terms apply.
4. Each year if, before the annual reset date, you reach $30,000 in net purchases charged to your account you will earn Gold Preferred Guest level of the Starwood Preferred Guest program for a minimum of 1 year (unless you are already enrolled at that or a higher level). Account must be in good standing. On the annual reset date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero. Subject to terms and conditions at www.spg.com. If you already have Gold Preferred or Platinum Preferred status with Starwood Preferred Guest, you will retain that status as long as you meet the requirements specified in the Starwood Preferred Guest terms and conditions.
5. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express® Card issued by Amex Bank of Canada. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
6. Free night awards apply to standard rooms only as defined by each participating property; contact the property before booking to check availability. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.spg.com.
7. Ticket Price includes Taxes & Fees. Other fees may apply. To view the full terms and conditions, www.spg.com.
8. Transfer ratios and maximums apply and vary by airline. Preferred members have a minimum transfer requirement of 2,500 Starpoints and Gold Preferred members have a minimum transfer requirement of 1,500 Starpoints. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.spg.com.
9. 5,000 Starpoints bonus is awarded only when 20,000 Starpoints are transferred as part of the same transaction and is based on airlines with 1 Starpoint to 1 mile conversion rate. Other terms and restrictions apply. To view the full terms and conditions, visit www.spg.com.
10. All the services associated with Travel Emergency Assistance are provided worldwide with the exception of some countries (it is best to check with Customer Service).
11. Travel Accident Insurance provides automatic coverage of up to $500,000 of Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance when you fully charge your common carrier (plane, train, ship or bus) tickets to your Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express. Use the Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they will also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers are also covered. Travel Accident Insurance is Underwritten by ACE INA Life Insurance, Head Office in Canada: Toronto, Ontario, under Master Policy TMH600135.
12. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in effect as long as you have fully charged your rental to Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card from American Express .There are specific conditions that apply to who may rent and drive the rental vehicle, the length of rental(s) and the type of vehicle covered.
13. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada.
14. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada
15. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
16. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Coverage is in excess of any and all other applicable insurance.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*: SPG, Starpoints, Preferred Guest, SPG Moments, St. Regis, The Luxury Collection, W Hotels, Le Méridien, Westin, Sheraton, Aloft, Element, Four Points and their respective logos are the trademarks of Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc., or its affiliates.