Apply to upgrade to the American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Card and enjoy a smoother start to your trip.
Move up to Platinum and prepare to feel more special. With exceptional service and airport benefits, you’ll feel positively spoiled wherever you go.
Reach your next destination faster with an outstanding earn rate of up to 1.25 Aeroplan®* Miles on purchases up to $25,000 annually3, and 1.5 Aeroplan Miles on Card purchases over $25,000 annually. With 40,000 Bonus miles after you spend $1,000 in your first three months of Cardmembership1, you’ll be packing in no time!
Flight rewards are just the beginning. In addition to redeeming your miles for flights, you can also redeem for hotel stays, car rentals, vacation packages, experiential rewards. merchandise and more.
See how quickly your spending can add up!
|Average Monthly Purchases||Earned at
1.25 : $1
(up to $25,000)
1.5 : $1
|Total Aeroplan Miles earned per year||Destination◊|
|$1,000||10,000||n/a||15,500||Select Short-haul flights within Canada, or between Canada and the Continental USA (15,000)|
|$2,000||$30,000||N/A||30,000||Between Canada and the Continental USA (25,000)|
|$5,000||$1,250||52,500||72,500||Between Canada or the Continental USA and:
• The Caribbean, Executive Class (60,000)
• Asia (75,000)
• Austrailia (80,000)
◊Aeroplan Miles indicated in this chart are for round-trip ClassicFlight®* in Economy Class unless otherwise stated. Examples are for illustrative purposes only. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card: Based on 1.25 Aeroplan Miles per $1 in eligible purchases up to $25,000 plus 1.5 Aeroplan Miles per $1 in eligible purchases over $25,000. All information was accurate at date of printing and is subject to change by Aeroplan without notice. For most current Aeroplan information, please visit aeroplan.com.
Easier takeoffs and softer landings aheadLet the American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Card open doors for you around the globe. From priority at the airport to special touches in the finest hotels and resorts, you can feel a little spoiled everywhere you go.
Take the worry out of travelThe American Express® AeroplanPlus®* Platinum Card will open doors and present benefits virtually everywhere you go, whether it’s around the corner or around the globe. Make your travel worry-free with enhanced complimentary travel coverage.
* As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid finance charges.
1. Account must be in good standing. To qualify for 40,000 Bonus Aeroplan Miles, you must have at least $1,000 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Card membership. Please allow up to eight weeks from the date the bonus miles were earned for the bonus to be awarded. This offer cannot be combined with any other offer.
2. As per Aeroplan’s current reward chart, 25,000 Aeroplan Miles are enough for a roundtrip long-haul ClassicFlight®* Reward Seat in economy class within Canada, or to the continental US (plus applicable fees and taxes). Reward seat availability is capacity controlled and is subject to seasonality of demand. See aeroplan.com for details.
3. Account must be in good standing. Aeroplan Miles will be earned on all purchases, less credits and returns. Interest, annual fees, other fees, and charges for travellers cheques and foreign currencies are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan Miles.
4. Each year, if you reach $25,000 in net purchases on your account before your anniversary date, you will earn 1.5 Aeroplan Miles for every $1.00 of additional net purchases charged to your Card. Each anniversary date, the amount of annual net purchases resets to zero.
5. Combined maximum of 9 supplementary American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cards and American Express AeroplanPlus Gold Cards per account. Supplementary Cardmembers must be of the age of majority. Account must be in good standing.
6. Basic Cardmember may redeem 15,000 Aeroplan Miles for one short-haul round-trip ClassicFlight Reward Ticket in economy class and receive a Partner Ticket for the same itinerary. Travel options vary according to departure city. Miles must be from Cardmember’s Aeroplan account. Limit one Partner Ticket per year. Subject to availability and capacity control. All bookings must be made through Aeroplan at 1-800-361-5373 and charged to an American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card. Aeroplan booking fee will be waived; however, fees and taxes apply. Changes subject to availability, fees and restrictions. Aeroplan reinstatement fee applies to cancellations. Not transferable, cumulative or redeemable for cash. Subject to change or cancellation. Full terms and conditions apply. Aeroplan Program terms and conditions, including Air Reward Terms and Conditions apply and are available at www.aeroplan.com/terms_and_conditions.do.
7. Applicable at airports where Executive First/Executive Class Priority Check-in is available and handled by Air Canada agents only. Applies to any fare, including Aeroplan reward travel. Available on any scheduled Air Canada, or Air Canada Express™ operated flight during normal operations.
8. American Express Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers with a valid AeroplanPlus Platinum Card are entitled to access the Pearson Priority Lanes (“Priority Lane”) during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport in Terminal 1 & 3. Access to a Pearson Priority Lane is available to eligible Cardmembers and companions travelling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible Card. The name on the Card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time and additional terms and conditions apply.
9. Quantities are limited. American Express Aeroplan Plus Platinum Cardmember must present their American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card and a confirmed, same-day departing ticket on an Air Canada, Air Canada Express™, Air Canada codeshare or Star Alliance™* flight to be permitted access to a Maple Leaf Lounge. Access is subject to Air Canada Maple Leaf Lounge terms and conditions and may not be available due to unforeseen circumstances. Other conditions apply.
11. American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Cardmembers who enroll in Hertz #1 Club Gold can receive a one-car-class upgrade at participating locations at time of rental. The upgrade is subject to availability and change and is valid on rentals of Compact through Full Size Cars.
12. Basic and Supplementary Platinum Card and other eligible American Express Cardmembers (“Cardmembers”) must enroll to qualify for the American Express “Platinum for Platinum” Fairmont President’s Club Platinum benefit. Cardmembers must enroll for the Benefit by contacting Fairmont Hotels & Resorts at 1-888-320-5959 or at www.fairmont.com/fpc and quoting the promotion code provided by American Express. Enrolled Cardmembers that register and complete five overnight stays at a Fairmont hotel or resort, paid for with your American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card between January and December of the calendar year will qualify for membership in Fairmont President’s Club. The Benefit may be discontinued at any time. Fairmont President’s Club membership is subject to the restrictions, terms and conditions of Fairmont Hotels & Resorts which may change without notice. Complete terms and conditions are available by calling 1-888-320-5959 or by visiting www.fairmont.com/fpc. American Express reserves the right to instruct Fairmont Hotels & Resorts to cancel your Fairmont President’s Club membership if you cease to be a Cardmember. Five nights do not have to be consecutive nights. Five nights must be in the same calendar year. Nights must be paid for by using your American Express AeroplanPlus Platinum Card.
13. Underwritten by RBC Insurance Company of Canada.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of the respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
TM, ®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*: Aeroplan, AeroplanPlus and ClassicFlight are registered trademarks of Aimia Canada Inc.
®**Executive First and Executive Class are registered trademarks of Air Canada.
TM*; Maple Leaf and Air Canada Express are trademark of Air Canada.
TM**Star Alliance is a registered trademark of the Star Alliance members.