*American Express “$25,000 Statement Credit” Contest
1. The contest sponsor is: Amex Bank of Canada (hereinafter referred to as the “Contest Sponsor”). The Contest Period starts at 12:00 a.m. ET November 15, 2010 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET January 31, 2011 (the “Contest Period”). This contest is open to American Express® Consumer and Small Business Cardmembers: (i) who are Cardmembers prior to November 15, 2010, with accounts in good standing throughout the Contest Period and at time of draw: (ii) who have enrolled in Online Services: (iii) who register for Online-Only Statements during the Contest Period with American Express. Entrants must be legal residents of Canada, of the age of majority in the province or territory in which they reside, who are not an employee of, or domiciled with an employee of, the Contest Sponsor, Amex Canada Inc., the independent contest organization or any of their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising or promotional agencies, agents or representatives (the “Contest Parties”).
2. To enter: visit www.americanexpress.ca/statementcredit and register for Online-Only Statements at any time during the Contest Period to be automatically entered into the draw for a chance to win a onetime American Express Statement Credit of $25,000.00 CDN to be applied to the account for which Online-Only Statements have been requested. If you want to register for Online-Only Statements, but do not want to be automatically entered into the Contest, then you must send an email to: T65986@themarcocorporation.com prior to the end of the Contest Period and you will not be entered into the Contest. To register for Online-Only Statements you must first enroll in Online Services. There is no fee to enroll in Online Services or register for Online-Only Statements. Entrants may revert back to paper statements at anytime by logging into their account at www.americanexpress.ca/myaccount. Maximum one entry per Card account. Contest not open to Corporate Card accounts.
3. There is one (1) Prize available to be won, consisting of a twenty five thousand dollar ($25,000.00 CDN) onetime statement credit to be applied to the Basic Cardmember’s account for the American Express Card for which the Online-Only Statement request was made, or at the sole option and discretion of Amex, the confirmed winner will be issued a cheque (in place of a credit) in the equivalent amount. Please note that in the case of the statement credit being made to a Credit Card account the credit does not constitute a payment towards the Credit Card account and does not satisfy the requirement to pay the minimum amount due. The Cardmember must continue to make separate payments of at least the minimum due in accordance with the Cardmember agreement and account statement. The prize must be accepted as awarded, is non transferable and cannot be redeemed for cash. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (if it is unavailable or unable to be awarded for any reason) with a prize of equal or greater value. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Contest Period. Standard terms and conditions of the American Express Cardmember agreement will apply.
4. A random draw will be made by The Marco Corporation, in Brantford, Ontario on or about 2:00 pm ET on March 16, 2011, from all eligible entries received during the Contest Period. To be declared a winner, the selected entrants must first correctly answer, unaided, a time-limited, mathematical, skill testing question to be administered by phone. Selected entrants will be contacted using the information indicated in the records of the Contest Sponsor over a seven day period. If a selected entrant cannot be reached after a minimum three attempts within the seven days a prize will not be awarded in respect of that selected entry and another contest entry will be randomly selected and so on until the prize has been awarded. In order to receive his/her prize, the winner must complete the Contest Sponsor’s standard declaration and release form and agreement for the use of his/her name and/or photograph and/or address (city only) for advertising, publicity and promotional purposes in all media, including but not limited to www.americanexpress.ca. By participating in the contest, contestants agree to abide by the contest rules and the decisions of the independent contest organization, which are final and binding without right of appeal on all matters relating to this Contest.
6. By participating, entrants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless the Contest Sponsor, and their respective employees, officers, directors, parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, agents and representatives (the “Releasees”) from any and all injuries, liability, losses and damages of any kind resulting from their participation in the contest or their acceptance, use or misuse of a prize. The Releasees are not responsible for and shall not be liable for (a) any electronic, hardware or software program, network, Internet or computer malfunctions, failures, or difficulties of any kind, including without limitation, server malfunction or any human error which may occur in the processing of entries; (b) failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transmissions; (c) lost, late, misdirected, incomplete or incorrect entries; (d) any condition caused by events beyond the control of the Releasees that may cause the promotion to be disrupted or corrupted; or (e) tampering, thefts, defects or typographical errors in materials. The Contest Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion, subject to approval from the Régie in Quebec, to cancel or suspend the contest or any portion thereof should a virus, “bug” or any other cause beyond the control of the Contest Sponsor corrupt the administration, security of proper play of the promotion. All entries and entry information becomes the sole property of the Contest Sponsor. “Entrants” includes heirs, successors, assigns, executors or administrators. Subject to applicable law, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or amend this contest at any time, without notice to entrants, should any factor interfere with the proper conduct of this contest as contemplated by these rules. Contest is subject to all applicable Federal, Provincial and Municipal laws. Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
† Account Alerts is a free service for American Express Cardmembers. However, your mobile phone service provider may apply fees for incoming text messages. Please contact your provider for further details.
‡ Credit limit notification applies to Credit Cards only.
®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.