The American Express® Gold Card takes the worry out of frequent travel and allows you to simply relax and enjoy the journey. The dedicated Gold Travel Service allows us to tailor benefits to individuals who are moving up in the world as well as around it.
Summary of benefits:
- Comprehensive Worldwide Travel Insurance Benefits1
- Financial flexibility with no pre-set spending limit3
- Dedicated Gold Travel Service
- Complimentary Membership Rewards4
Whenever you use your American Express Gold Card, for virtually anything from luxurious holidays or indulgent shopping to everyday necessities you will be rewarded. You will earn one Membership Rewards point for virtually every full US dollar or euro charged to the Card4 Since points never expire; it won't be long before they start adding up.
You can redeem points for a wide range of rewards, from flights and hotel accommodation to premium merchandise. Enrolment in the Membership Rewards programme is complimentary for Gold Cardmembers.
24 Hour Support
The American Express Gold Card gives you access to a 24-hour emergency helpline, Global Assist; who are there to support you in almost any difficulty you may encounter around the world. You can be assured that if the unexpected happens and you need legal, medical or personal help, a single call may provide you with the information you need. So, whether your wallet is stolen on the train to Prague or you need to find a doctor in Rio de Janeiro, you can be sure of practical advice and support.
Should you lose your Card, an Emergency Replacement Card can be delivered to you in as little as 48 hours.
Make travel arrangements with ease by taking advantage of the Gold Card Travel Service. This team of travel specialists are at your disposal to make each trip one to remember.
Take advantage of access to the International Airline Programme. The programme provides preferential fares with major airlines including Emirates, Etihad, Virgin and Lufthansa.2
Please contact your Gold Card Travel Service for more information.
Your International Currency Card will be accepted in countries worldwide and can be used for purchases on all 6 continents. You can also automatically settle your account by direct debit at the end of each month, giving you both control and convenience.
Whether it's a last-minute holiday or a business trip, you will have access to a whole host of Gold membership Travel Insurance Benefits1 . Your partner, your dependent children under 23 years old and a primary Supplementary Cardmember can also share in the benefits regardless of whether they are travelling with you.
These benefits include cover for medical expenses, trip delays, cancellations, or lost, damaged, or stolen luggage1 allowing you to travel with complete peace of mind.
As a Gold Cardmember you will be entitled to the following
- Medical treatment expenses* up to US$/€1 million
- Travel Accident Benefit up to US$/€50,000
- Travel Inconvenience Benefit for flight delay or cancellation and missed connection up to US$/€200
- Travel Inconvenience Benefit for baggage delay up to US$/€300
- Legal expense benefit* up to US/€25,000
- Trip cancellation reimbursement* up to US$/€4,000
- Lost, damaged, or stolen luggage reimbursement* up to US$/€1,500
- Emergency dental treatment expenses* up to US$/€750
We welcome your application for The American Express® Gold International Currency Charge Card providing the following criteria are met;
- You are at least 18 years of age and not USA resident
- Have an annual income of at least US$/€50,000
- Understand that the Cardmembership fee for the Gold Charge Card is US$/€300
- Have your Identity Card or Passport or Driving License at hand. You will need to send a certified copy of your identity document to us as part of the application process.
- Have full and certified address verification (must be a utility bill or bank statement issued within the last three months, not a mobile phone bill).
- Have access to the full address and telephone number for your bank. We will contact the bank for a reference.
Please note alternative Card options are available starting from the Basic Card with no Cardmembership Fee.