The American Express® Classic Green Card gives you practicality and reliable support around the clock. American Express has over 150 years of experience and a wide network of partners to service the demands of your international lifestyle.
Summary of benefits:
- Travel Accident and Inconvenience Insurance Benefits1
- Financial flexibility with no pre-set spending limit3
- Complimentary enrolment into Membership Rewards Programme4 in Year 1
- 24/7 Global Assist
Whenever you use your American Express Green Card, for anything from luxurious holidays or indulgent shopping to everyday necessities you will be rewarded. You will earn one Membership Rewards point for virtually every full US dollar or euro charged to the Card4. Since points never expire; it won't be long before they start adding up.
You can redeem points for a wide range of rewards, from flights and hotel accommodation to premium merchandise. Enrolment in the Membership Rewards programme is complementary for the first year and US$/€36 per year thereafter.
The American Express Green Card gives you access to a 24-hour emergency helpline, Global Assist; who are there to support you in almost any difficulty you may encounter around the world. You can be assured that if the unexpected happens and you need legal, medical or personal help, a single call may provide you with the information you need. So, whether you leave your wallet on the train to Prague or need to find a doctor in Rio de Janeiro, you can be sure of practical advice and support.
Should you lose your Card, an Emergency Replacement Card can be delivered to you in as little as 48 hours. For more information please visit
Your International Currency Card will be accepted in countries worldwide and can be used for purchases on all 6 continents. You can also automatically settle your account by direct debit at the end of each month, giving you both control and convenience.
You can travel with complete piece of mind when you charge your scheduled travel ticket to your American Express Card, thanks to Travel Accident Benefits1 of up to US$/€100,000.
Travel Inconvenience Benefits
You will also automatically benefit from Travel Inconvenience Insurance Benefits1 when you pay for your flight tickets with you American Express Card. There is also a 24 hour Global Assist Service to support you when you travel.
We welcome your application for The American Express® Green International Currency Charge Card providing the following criteria are met
- You are at least 18 years of age and not USA resident
- Have an annual income of at least US$/€35,000
- Understand that the annual fee for the Green Charge Card is US$/€100
- Have your Identity Card or Passport or Driving License at hand. You will need to send a certified copy of your identity document to us as part of the application process.
- Have full and certified address verification (must be a utility bill or bank statement issued within the last three months, not a mobile phone bill).
- Have access to the full address and telephone number for your bank. We will contact the bank for a reference.
Please note alternative Card options are available starting from the Basic Card with no Cardmembership Fee.