American Express Contact American Express
Service is important to American Express and if you have a complaint about our services or products, we would like to know about it. Once we know, we will investigate your complaint and do all we can to promptly resolve the matter. If you have a statement enquiry, such as a charge you don't recognise, phone 0800 656 660.
Write to us at:
Customer Relations Manager
American Express (NZ) Inc
PO Box 4005
Find out more
- A dedicated Customer Relations consultant that is committed to helping you resolve the matter will phone or write to you to confirm receipt of your complaint - usually within 2 to 3 business days
- Once we know, we will investigate your complaint and do all we can to promptly resolve the matter.
- In some cases, we may request further information from you to help us resolve your complaint.
- We will keep you updated on the progress of your complaint either by phone or mail.
Note: Some complaints may take a little longer to resolve, such as matters that require us to deal with a merchant or other third party. In these cases, we will let you know timeframes involved.
We expect that our Customer Relations team will be able to respond to your concerns. However, if you feel that this issue has not been resolved to your satisfaction you may refer a complaint to Financial Services Complaints Limited ('FSCL') of which American Express is a member.
Contact Financial Services Complaints Limited at:
Financial Services Complaints Limited
PO Box 5967
Tel: 0800 347257
Web site: www.fscl.org.nz
Find out more
- Whilst we aim to resolve all complaints fairly and promptly, we understand that you may not always be happy with our resolution.
- If you believe your complaint has not been satisfactorily addressed, you may wish to refer the matter to Financial Services Complaints Limited ('FSCL').
- FSCL is a free and independent External Dispute Resolution service that deals with disputes between consumers and financial service providers that are members of the scheme – such as American Express.
- There are some matters that FSCL are unable to consider, such as:
- Events that occurred prior to 1 April 2010
- where the loss claimed is more than $200,000