Becoming an American Express Merchant is a simple process that has the potential to help grow your business.
This section provides an overview of the steps required to set up your account and welcome our Cardmembers through your door.Getting Started
- Call us on 0800 800 855 (Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 6.00pm) and request a Merchant facility.
- Receive your American Express Welcome Pack in the post.
- All activation calls are made.
- Our Customer Care Professionals will set up your specific requirements, including; POS terminal set-up or other channels such as Online, Batch, or Recurring Billing.
Installing Backend POS Terminals
Once you’ve been approved as an American Express Merchant we will issue you with all you need to start accepting the Card.
- Our Customer Care Professionals will set up a POS terminal acceptance request.
- If you have a bank terminal our teams will set up American Express capability. This will be activated within 5 working days. Confirmation can be obtained through our Customer Care Professionals on 0800 800 855 (24 hours daily).
You are now ready to accept American Express Cards.Other Products
When starting up, you may require other products to facilitate Card acceptance – including online acceptance, Batch transactions, Recurring Billing, and mail and telephone ordering.
- For these other products, our team will refer you to our Global Network Operations (GNO) Service Delivery Team.
- Our Service Delivery Team will review and provide recommendations to Merchants in regards to product solutions, and manage activation.
In the case of non-standard product set-up, our Service Delivery Team will refer you to one of our Network Consultants.Want to welcome American Express?
Please complete our short Enquiry Form and we’ll be in touch soon. Alternatively you can call us on 0800 800 855 – option 4 (Monday – Friday, 9.00am – 6.00pm).