Fly more often with an annual direct domestic return flight1.
Platinum Edge Credit Card members enjoy a complimentary direct domestic return flight1 every year with Air New Zealand. A standard 1-piece 23kg baggage allowance is included. You can book from as little as 2 weeks and up to 10 months in advance and as with all travel, the earlier you book the more availability options you'll have1. To book your flight, please call Platinum Priority Service on 0800 332 268 (option 2).
For full details, please read the Platinum Edge Credit Card Insurances and Flight Terms and Conditions carefully by clicking here.
Earn heaps more points in heaps more places with Membership Rewards 3-2-1.
With your Platinum Edge Credit Card, you know that every dollar you spend on the Card – whether you're shopping halfway across the world or dining out closer to home – will help you earn the rewards of your choice.
Membership Rewards 3-2-1.
We hope you enjoy earning Membership Rewards2 points because you're about to earn lots of them – 3 points for every dollar spent at major supermarkets, 2 points for every dollar spent at major petrol stations and 1 point for every dollar spent on all other purchases. When you're ready to redeem points you can choose from hundreds of merchandise and Gift Card or voucher3 options or you can transfer the points you earn to seven different airline partner programmes4. You can even redeem points for a credit on your Card5. Plus, Membership Rewards points won't expire as long as your Card Account remains current.
Domestic and Overseas Travel Insurance6
Your Platinum Edge Credit Card offers you peace of mind when you travel domestically and overseas. If you purchased your tickets using your Platinum Edge Credit Card or redeeming your Membership Rewards points (or if you redeemed your Air New Zealand direct domestic return flight included in your Card membership), you have access to a range of travel insurance benefits. What's more, your dependent children aged 22 and under and your spouse are covered, even when they travel without you. Here are just some of the insurance benefits you'll have access to:
- Overseas Medical Emergency Expenses and Repatriation cover up to $2,500,000
- Travel Cancellation up to $10,000
- Baggage Loss up to $10,000
- Personal Liability up to $1,000,000
For full details on Insurance terms, conditions and exclusions(including age restrictions) please click here
Travel Inconvenience Cover6
Things don't always go according to plan. When you pay for your domestic or international travel with your Platinum Edge Credit Card or your Membership Rewards points (or if you redeemed your Air New Zealand direct domestic return flight included in your Card membership) you have access to cover against the following:
- Travel Delay - if your flight departure is delayed for four hours or more, your flight is cancelled or you’re denied boarding due to overloading, and no alternative transportation is made available to you within four hours of the scheduled departure, you would be covered for up to $200 for meals or hotel accommodation
- Missed Connection - if you've missed an onward flight due to the late arrival of an incoming flight, you would be covered for up to $200 for meals and hotel accommodation if no alternative onward transport is made available to you within four hours of the incoming flight
- Luggage Delay - if your luggage is delayed and not delivered within six hours of your arrival, you would be covered for up to $200 for clothing and essential purchases
- Extended Luggage Delay - if your luggage is delayed for 48 hours, you would be covered for an additional sum of up to $500 for clothing and essential purchases
The cover outlined above is to reimburse you for purchases made on your Platinum Edge Credit Card and will be credited to your Card once your claim is assessed. For full details of the insurance cover, including terms, conditions and exclusions(including age restrictions), please refer to the Platinum Edge Credit Card Insurances and Flight Terms and Conditions booklet. Please be sure to read this booklet carefully and be aware of its various terms, conditions and exclusions.
Transport Accident Cover6
If you have purchased your tickets with your Platinum Edge Credit Card (or if you redeemed your Air New Zealand direct domestic return flight included in your Card membership), you would receive up to $300,000 under the Transport Accident Cover, helping to provide compensation for loss of life or limb when travelling with any public transport (including taxis and airport limousines).
For full details of your cover, including exclusions, please read the Platinum Edge Credit Card Insurances and Flight Terms and Conditions booklet. carefully.
Wherever you are, whatever you need, the Platinum Edge Credit Card offers a range of services that can help with information or assistance for both business and pleasure.
Platinum Priority Service
We're here to help. You can contact Platinum Priority Service for queries about your Card Account, to redeem your Air New Zealand direct domestic return flight, make insurance claims, or report a lost or stolen Card. This is all available to Platinum Edge Credit Card members 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
From within New Zealand, please call 0800 332 268, or operator-assisted international collect on +64 9 583 8287.
Emergency Card replacement
If your Platinum Edge Credit Card is lost, stolen or damaged in New Zealand, report it immediately by calling Platinum Priority Service on 0800 332 268. If you are overseas, call operator-assisted international collect on +64 9 583 8287.
Once you have notified us, you won't be liable for any unauthorised charges7. We can then organise for a replacement Card to be delivered – usually within one business day – virtually anywhere in the world.
American Express Online Services allow you to:
- Check your purchases and payments or update your contact details, 24 hours a day, seven days a week
- Nominate ‘Online Statements’ and receive email notification to log on and view your statement
- View and redeem Membership Rewards points
You can rest assured that American Express employs the latest technology to keep your Account number secure to protect your safety and privacy online. To enrol, visit americanexpress.co.nz/onlineservices
American Express Travel Services offices
You can take comfort in knowing that with American Express Travel Services, we’re with you even after your trip begins. With over 2,200 Travel and Foreign Exchange Services locations15 in more than 140 countries, you have our personal commitment that travel assistance is just around the corner – no matter where in the world you are.
From additional Cards to fraud protection, your new Platinum Edge Credit Card never stops.
Supplementary Credit Cards
One privilege of your Platinum Edge Credit Card membership is that you have access to up to four Supplementary Credit Cards9 at no extra cost. What’s more, Membership Rewards points earned on each Supplementary Credit Card will be credited to your Account, so you can reach the reward of your choice faster2.
To apply for a Platinum Edge Supplementary Credit Card, please call Platinum Priority Service on 0800 332 368 (select option 1) or click here
Additional Credit Card
At any time, you may request an additional Platinum Edge Credit Card, which means you will have one Account, but two separate Cards which are both issued in your name. The advantage of having two Cards is to separate your expenses – home improvements from your day-to-day expenses, for example. The charges on both Cards will be reflected separately on one billing statement and will both earn Membership Rewards points2.
To request an additional Platinum Edge Credit Card, please call Platinum Priority Service on 0800 332 268 (select option 1).
Online Fraud Protection Guarantee
Shop online with confidence, because with our Online Fraud Protection Guarantee, you won’t be held responsible for any unauthorised charges made without your knowledge while shopping on the internet7.
- Your Platinum Edge Credit Card allows you to access a wide range of benefits when you visit the American Express Network www.amexnetwork.co.nz. Register for online promotions offers designed to help you get the most out of your Card.
- Your new Platinum Edge Credit Card is welcome all over the world, from your favourite international hotel to your local petrol station. Wherever you go remember to use you Card – it’s welcome in all kinds of places.
So for the latest compelling promotions and offers, visit the American Express Network at www.amexnetwork.co.nz