Your Platinum Membership Rewards® Credit Card is accepted at tens of thousands of locations nationwide, as well as millions more around the world. This makes it ideal for use both home and overseas.
You can also use your Card to set up automatic bill payments with insurance companies, energy providers, phone companies and online service providers all over the country.
The number of places where you can use your Card is growing by the day, so always keep it handy to pay for all your everyday expenses.
To know about places where you can use your American Express® Card, please visit americanexpress.co.nz/acceptance
When you’re travelling with a Platinum Membership Rewards® Credit Card, you can take comfort knowing we're with you even after your trip begins.
We have over 2,200 Travel and Foreign Exchange Service2 locations in over 140 countries, to help you out with hotels, flights, transfers and much more.
Complimentary Overseas and Domestic Travel Insurance1 Need assistance while on your trip? We'll cover you as long as you:
- Use your Platinum Membership Rewards® Credit Card to purchase your ticket.
- Alternatively fly using American Express Membership Rewards travel team.
- Your trip begins and ends in New Zealand.
There's no need to fill in any forms as the cover is automatic and can be tracked through your account. Some of the benefits include:
- Cover for loss or damage to baggage up to $30,000.
- Medical Emergency expense cover including dental treatment.
- Days of Cover: Up to 180 days per trip with a maximum of 183 days in total per year.
- Travel Cancellation Cover: A number of additional costs are covered if travel arrangements are cancelled due to unforeseen events.
- Special Events Cover: If unforeseen circumstances, means you're unable to make an important event (such as a wedding or funeral), then you're covered for up to $5,000 for alternative public transport costs.
- Rental Vehicle Excess: If you have an accident in a rental vehicle, you are covered up to a maximum of $3,000 provided you have taken the comprehensive motor vehicle insurance offered as part of the rental agreement.
Underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited, this cover includes Medical Expenses and Repatriation, Personal Liability, Transport Accident, Trip Cancellation, Baggage and Personal Effect, Resumption of Journey and Travel Inconvenience. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions in your Policy Document for full cover and benefit details to ensure it meets all your travel insurance requirements. Click here to view
Complimentary Buyer's Advantage Cover1
When it comes to making big electronic purchases, it's nice to know that it won't stop working the moment the standard warranty expires. Buyer's Advantage enables you to extend the standard warranty on most electrical products purchased in New Zealand, on your Platinum Membership Rewards® Credit Card by up to 12 months.
Complimentary Purchase Protection1
Ever bought something that breaks the moment it's taken out of the box? Then we can help. Most items you buy using your Card are covered by Purchase Protection, which means they'll be either repaired, replaced or refunded for up to 90 days after the date of the purchase if they're stolen or damaged accidently.
Membership of Avis Platinum Preferred Programme
If you need to rent a car, then having a Platinum Membership Rewards® Credit Card will ensure you get great deals with Avis both home and abroad. Your benefits include:
- 5% off the best discount of the day.
- Three Car Upgrade Certificates each year to use at over 900 locations worldwide.
- No need to queue for rental cars again.
To become a member, call Avis on 0800 509 009 to request an enrolment form for the Platinum Preferred Programme.
Complimentary Membership to the New Zealand Wine Society
The New Zealand Wine Society is the country's most well established national wine club. It brings you regular discounted offers on a wide selection of wines, with the convenience of door-to-door delivery.
You will receive:
- Complimentary membership to the New Zealand Wine Society. You will be automatically enrolled upon Card approval.
- Special Card member offers, including invitations to New Zealand Wine Society tasting events.
One of the privileges of having a Platinum Credit Card is that you have access to Supplementary Credit Cards at no extra cost.
You can earn more Membership Rewards points when your household spending is done with a Supplementary Card. This means you can reach the reward of your choice faster.
To apply, visit your Online Services and choose “Add someone to your account”. .
Additional Credit Card
At any time you can request an additional Platinum Credit Card to help separate your expenses. For example, use your main Card for personal purchasing and your Additional Card for business expenses. At the end of the month, your expenditure is neatly divided on your statement for quick reconciliation.
To apply for an Additional Card, simply click here and complete and return the Additional Card Application Form’.
Alternatively, you can call us on 0800 888 025.