Contest Rules for Merchants in the US Virgin Islands
1. The "American Express Rewards its Establishments" Drawing (hereinafter, "Drawing") is a contest of American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. (hereinafter, "AMEX-TRS"). The Drawing is exclusively for the Member Establishments of AMEX-TRS that accept American Express Cards® and that are located in the United States Virgin Islands ("USVI") (hereinafter, "the Member Establishment(s)"). The Drawing starts on July 28, 2006 and ends on August 31, 2006 at 5 p.m. Atlantic Daylight Time ("ADT").
2. NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE. Member Establishments that may participate are those that at the time the Drawing takes place, have a valid establishment number, accounts in good standing, have filled out the official entry form (hereinafter "Entry Form") with all the requested information and, on the date the potentially Entry Form is drawn, have the new American Express® Decal (hereinafter, "Decal") placed in a location visible to the general public on the door or window of the participating Member Establishment’s facilities (hereinafter "Participant(s)"). A winner will not be declared until such time as an AMEX-TRS official or representative verifies that the Decal was put up at the Member Establishment as required under these Rules. Said verification will take place within ten (10) business days from the time the potentially winning Entry Form has been drawn. Employees of AMEX-TRS, Banco Popular de Puerto Rico and the Law Offices of Bennazar, García & Milián, C.S.P, or their immediate family members to the fourth degree of consanguinity and the second of affinity cannot participate.
3. ENTRY. The Entry Form will be provided by AMEX-TRS along with the Decal to Member Establishment Facilities. Member Establishments must legibly fill out their Entry Form with all information requested therein and said form must be faxed, mailed or e-mailed to the offices of AMEX-TRS in Puerto Rico at the addresses and numbers listed in Section 13 of these Rules. Only one Entry Form will be accepted for each Member Establishment. Neither incomplete, illegible, nor any Entry Forms received after 5:00 p.m. ADT on August 31st, 2006 will be accepted. AMEX-TRS will not be responsible for Entry Forms that are lost or damaged nor those than have been mailed or sent to incorrect addresses or fax number on the part of the mail service, the Participant or any third parties.
4. PRIZE. The prize consists of one (1) American Express Gift "Cheque" with a total value of one thousand U.S. dollars (USD $1,000).
5. AWARDING OF PRIZE. At 5:00 p.m. ADT on August 31st 2006, the drawing box in which all Entry Forms received by fax, mail or e-mail have been placed will be closed. On September 5, 2006, the potentially winning Entry Form will be drawn, but it will not be deemed as a winner until it has been corroborated by an AMEX-TRS official or representative that the Decal has been put up at the winning Participant’s Member Establishment as required by these Rules. The chances of winning will depend on the number of eligible entries that are received. The winning Entry Form will be drawn at random from said drawing box in the presence of a Notary Public at the AMEX-TRS’s Puerto Rico offices. The Notary Public will certify the selection process of the potentially winning Entry Form and the AMEX-TRS official representative that verifies the placement of the Decal at the winning Participant’s Member Establishment will certify such in a sworn statement.
6. NOTIFICATION. The winning Participant will be notified by certified mail with return receipt requested, at the postal address where it receives its monthly American Express statements. The winning Participant will have thirty (30) days after the receipt date of the notification to claim the prize. The prize is not transferable, will not be partially or totally substituted by another prize and must be claimed at the AMEX-TRS offices in Puerto Rico. After said time period expires, the winning Member Establishment will lose its right to claim and receive the prize and the prize will become property of AMEX-TRS.
7. Within ten (10) business days of the expiry of the thirty (30) days’ claim period, an AMEX-TRS official representative will select an alternate winner from the drawing box in the presence of a Notary Public to substitute any winner which has not claimed its prize in a timely manner or that has been disqualified for non-compliance with the Drawing rules.
8. Any obligation of AMEX-TRS with the winning Participant will cease at the moment the prize is properly claimed by the winning Participant and delivered by AMEX-TRS. AMEX-TRS is not responsible for any damages or losses, direct or indirect, that may be incurred by the winning Participant or participating Member Establishments as a result of their participation in this Drawing. The winning Participant will be responsible for any tax(es) that may be imposed as a result of winning the prize. The winner must sign a receipt denoting its acceptance of the prize.
9.This Drawing is subject to all the applicable laws and regulations of Puerto Rico and the United States. The attempt to violate any of the rules of this Drawing or giving false information with fraudulent intent will be processed to the fullest extent of the law. AMEX-TRS reserves the right to cancel or reschedule the Drawing, including the start or end date, or both, subject to any limitations imposed by applicable law(s).
10. AMEX-TRS reserves the right to publish or announce the name of the winning Participant and of the person designated to receive the prize on behalf of the winning Participant, as well as take and publish their photographs. Entry in the Drawing implies permission for said announcement or publication.
11. In the event of any controversy that arises between the complete rules and any condensed version for this Drawing as published by AMEX-TRS, the version most beneficial to the Participants will prevail.
12. The rules for the Drawing will be published at www.americanexpress.com/esolutions and on July 28th, 2006 in the Daily News. The rules for the Drawing may also be requested by sending a self-addressed, number ten (#10) envelope with your postal address and a thirty-nine ($0.39) cent stamp to the following address: "American Express Reward its Establishments" Drawing Rules, P.O. Box 191759, San Juan, Puerto Rico, 00919-1759.
13. AMEX-TRS is the Drawing’s promoter and its physical address in Puerto Rico is Millennium Park Building, Suite 410, #10 Street 2, Metro Office Park, Guaynabo, Puerto Rico, 00968. Telephone number: (787) 474-3254. Completed Entry Forms may be mailed to: P. O. Box 191759, San Juan, Puerto Rico 00919-1759. Completed Entry Forms may also be faxed to (787) 474-3214 or sent via e-mail to the following e-mail address: CAUIDC@aexp.com.