YES, you can earn double Membership Rewards® points in your travel spend. It's easy.
Just use your card as normal when you travel and you'll get:
- 2 points for every full £1 spent and charged on travel purchases, including flights, hotels, car rentals, cruises and more.²
- 2 points for every full £1 spent and charged while you are abroad.²
Remember, there's no cap on points earned, even when you're earning double points. And your points are there for whenever you need them. They simply don't expire.
YES, you can earn double Membership Rewards® points on shopping. It's easy.
In your first year, you'll earn DOUBLE points on everyday essentials when you use your Card.
- 2 points for every full £1 spent and charged at major supermarkets and petrol stations - imagine what you could turn your weekly shop into.³
- 1 point for every full £1 spent and charged to your card virtually everywhere else.³
Remember, there's no cap on points earned, even when you're earning double points. And your points are there whenever you need them. They simply don't expire.
With TripFlex your points become even more flexible.4
Here's how they work:
- Charge ANY travel on your Card from any travel provider.
- Once the charge appears on your statement, visit membershiprewards.co.uk or call our Customer Services team on 0845 604 2839 to redeem your points against a travel charge.
- Yes. That's right. You can use the points you earned paying for travel to pay for the travel you just paid for. Unprecedented?
Just another way you can enjoy your gold life.
With the enhanced Preferred Rewards Gold Card, your holiday gets off to a flying start before you even take off. Because you'll now enjoy 2 complimentary lounge passes every year from Lounge Club, giving you access to over 350 airport lounges worldwide.5
So you can get away from it all before you actually get away.
Speaking of anniversaries, you'll also receive 7,500 bonus points after each year of Cardmembership when you spend £15,000 a year on your Card.6
Flights, hotels, trains?
YES, YES and YES.
Your points can be redeemed with a wide range of travel partners through the Membership Rewards® programme.7
- Transfer your points to 9 of the world's major airline partners including Alitalia, British Airways, Continental, Delta, Flying Blue, Iberia, SAS Scandinavian Airlines, Singapore Airlines and Virgin Atlantic.
- Redeem your points for hotel stays, rail travel, car rental, and a choice of unique experiences and luxury gifts
- Book your travel the easy way with Membership Rewards Travel Agency and pay with your points.
Take a look at our online catalogue to see what you could get.
Boost your points balance
Bills are another great way to maximise your points. Simply pay your bills every month or quarter with your Gold Card. That way you’ll earn more points on all your outgoings. Once again, it’s not a case of spending more. It just makes sense to get rewarded for the things you pay for already.
More Cards mean more points
The more Cards you give to friends and family, the more points you’ll earn towards fantastic rewards. You can apply for one Supplementary Card on your account without paying an additional annual fee. And your Supplementary Card will earn you points at the same rate as your Card. It really is one of the fastest ways to boost the number of points you earn. Remember, additional Cardmembers must also be UK residents aged 18 or over.
Discover a host of exclusive deals and discounts from some of the tops brands across fashion, dining, travel and more. What’s more, when you pay for a deal with your Card, you don’t just get the specially negotiated prices. You’ll also earn points on everything you buy. Visit cardmemberoffers.co.uk for all the latest offers.
Sync your American Express Card with Foursquare to unlock exclusive Cardmember offers and more on the go.
Discover even more with TripAdvisor when you connect your Card. Share your travel and dining experiences and be rewarded.