Read Terms & Conditions
Read Summary Box
Read Insurance Documentation
1. The annual fee is £125. With this offer you will receive the first year of Cardmembership with £0 annual fee. From year two of your membership, a £125 annual fee will automatically be charged to your account on or after the anniversary of your account opening date. The first year fee waiver is only available to new American Express Charge Cardmembers.
2. 20,000 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded to your account once you have been approved and you have spent and charged £2,000 within the first three months of Cardmembership. Please note that it can take up to 60 days for bonus points to be awarded to your account. Existing Cardmembers already enrolled into the Membership Rewards Programme will not be eligible for the 20,000 bonus points. All introductory offers are subject to change, can be withdrawn at any time and are not available if you currently hold or have held any other Membership Rewards enrolled American Express Cards in the past 6 months.
3. Based on airline transfer redemption with British Airways Executive Club. Rewards flights are subject to applicable taxes, fees, charges and surcharges. Full Executive Club terms and conditions apply, visit ba.com for details.
4. You will earn Membership Rewards points for transactions charged and billed to your account at the following rates: 1 point for every full £1 spent and charged per transaction, 2 points for every full £1 spent and charged per transaction at major airlines, car hire, rail, cruise, lodging and travel package/agencies, and 2 points for certain transactions made in a currency other than UK Sterling with the exception of internet transactions. Membership Rewards points are not earned on Cash Advances, American Express Travellers Cheque purchases, Foreign Exchange, Fees and Interest Charges for Returned Payments, Finance Charges, Late Payment and Referral Charges, Fees/charges including joining, annual and Membership Rewards fees.
5. We will share certain membership information about you with the Priority Travel Group Holdings Limited (“PTG”) who administer the LOUNGE CLUB™ programme. PTG will provide complimentary membership for the primary Card holder to LOUNGE CLUB™, and issue a card and lounge directory. You will be entitled to two complimentary lounge visits at participating lounges each year you hold a valid Preferred Rewards Gold Card, which may be used by the primary Cardmember or by the primary Cardmember and one guest. Once you have activated your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card, please allow up to 28 working days for your LOUNGE CLUB™ card to arrive in the mail. Use of the airport lounges will be governed by the terms and conditions of LOUNGE CLUB™ which are available in full at loungeclub.com, which you agree to comply with by applying for a Card. You also confirm that lounges may charge lounge usage fees at the prevailing rate (currently £15 per person) for any lounge visits that exceed the two complimentary lounge visits per membership year to your American Express Preferred Rewards Gold Card. The lounge usage fees charged are at the discretion of PTG and any changes to the lounge access fee will be advised by them.
6. You will accrue points for certain transactions at the rate of 2 points for virtually every full £1 spent and charged per transaction at major supermarkets and petrol stations for your first year of Cardmembership. After the first year Card anniversary date this will revert back to 1 point.
7. Applicants must be aged 18 years old or over.
8. American Express Services Europe Limited ("AESEL") makes various benefits available to Cardmembers which derive from contracts which AESEL has made with third parties. AESEL is free to amend, extend or terminate these benefits at its sole discretion. These benefits do not form part of AESEL's contract with you but AESEL will provide reasonable notice, in any event no less than 30 days, in advance of any changes to the available benefits which may be to your detriment. One of the benefits currently available is the benefit of contracts of insurance held by AESEL with certain insurers. You will lose these benefits if you cease to be a Cardmember. Terms, conditions and exclusions apply. Details can be found on the American Express website.
9. Purchases are approved on a variety of factors including your credit record, account history and personal resources. Proof of personal resources may be required.
10. 7,500 Membership Rewards bonus points will be awarded to your account every year at Card renewal if you have made purchases of at least £15,000 within a 12 month period ending
on the anniversary of your Preferred Rewards Gold Card membership. Should you qualify in any given year, the 7,500 bonus points will be awarded to your account up to 60 days after
your Card renewal.
11. Subject to availability. Terms and Conditions apply. Please visit amex.co.uk/access for further details.
Written details are available on request or call 0800 700 222. Applicants must be 18 years old or over.
*Amazon.co.uk is not a sponsor of this promotion. Amazon, Amazon.co.uk, the Amazon.co.uk logo, and the smile logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of Amazon EU SARL or its affiliates. Amazon.co.uk Gift Certificates (“GCs”) may be redeemed on the Amazon.co.uk website or affiliated website Javari.co.uk towards the purchase of eligible products listed in our online catalogue and sold by Amazon.co.uk or any other seller selling through Amazon.co.uk. GCs cannot be reloaded, resold, transferred for value, redeemed for cash or applied to any other account. Amazon.co.uk is not responsible if a GC is lost, stolen, destroyed or used without permission. See www.amazon.co.uk/gc-legal for complete terms and conditions. GCs are issued and © 2012 by Amazon EU Sarl.
AESEL registered Office: Belgrave House, 76 Buckingham Palace Road, London, SW1W 9AX, United Kingdom. Registered in England and Wales with Number 1833139, AESEL is authorised by the Financial Services Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009 (reference number 415532) for the provision of payment services. For insurance mediation activities only, AESEL is an Appointed Representative of American Express Insurance Services Europe Limited (reference number 311684) who is authorised and regulated by the Financial Services Authority. Details can be found on the FSA Register.