Cards are offered, issued, and administered by American Express Australia Limited ABN 92 108 952 085.
American Express income and credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information, including fees and charges are correct as at 20 July 2020 and are subject to change. Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia, have a good credit history, a minimum annual business revenue of $75,000, and have a valid ABN registered for GST to apply for an American Express Business Card.
1. Extend your cash flow by up to 106 days on BP Plus Fuel spend: A combination of up to 51 days on the BP Plus Fuel Card, available here and up to 55 days on the American Express® Platinum Business Card and Business Explorer® Card. All other spend will have up to 55 cash flow days. Total cash flow days depends on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your Account from your previous statement period.
2. Membership Rewards points: Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here. Government transactions will earn 1 point per dollar spent with Merchants classified as "government". Merchants classified as “government” include the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), Federal/State and Local Government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through a payment aggregator may earn rates at the government earn rate. There may be tax implications associated with participation in the Membership Rewards program. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information.
3. Travel: To transfer points to an airline/travel partner program you must be a member of the relevant airline/travel rewards partner program. Membership of the airline/travel rewards partner program is the Card Member’s responsibility. Subject to the Terms & Conditions of the applicable partner program and a joining fee may apply.
4. Gift Card: Gift Card or vouchers rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit and are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher Terms and Conditions apply. Gift Cards and Vouchers will be dispatched within 5 business days. Should you not receive your Gift Card or rewards within the stated timeframe, you must advise American Express within 28 days from date of redemption. Terms and Conditions apply to all Membership Rewards redemption options and redemption is subject to availability. Subject to your Account being kept in good standing and not overdue. Minimum redemption amounts apply.
5. Travel Insurance: Subject to Terms, Conditions and Exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full Terms and Conditions. You must use your American Express Business Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full Terms and Conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
6. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 12 January 2022, are approved and spend $3,000 on their new Card in the first three (3) months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. 100,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s Account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at https://www.americanexpress.com/en-au/rewards/membership-rewards/terms. The American Express Business Explorer Card has a standard annual fee of $149.
7. Once your new Card Account is activated, new purchases made for the next 6 months will have a promotional interest rate of 3.99% p.a, after which these purchases will revert to the standard interest rate of 19.99% p.a. This offer does not apply to cash advances, fees or commissions.
8. Interest Rate: Interest rate is correct as at 5 November 2020 and is subject to change. This interest rate does not apply for Cash Advances and associated fees.
9. Employee Cards: American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Employee Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Basic Card Member and each Employee Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Employee Card spending.
10. Mobile Wallets: Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc.
11. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 12 January 2022, are approved and spend $5,000 on their new Card in the first three (3) months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. A $300 credit will be applied to the card account plus 200,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Program available at membershiprewards.com.au.
12.The Centurion Lounge Network: Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to all locations of The Centurion Lounge. Platinum Card Members may bring up to two (2) companions into The Centurion Lounge. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Platinum Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. A Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or legal guardian. For locations with a self-service bar, the Platinum Card Member must be of legal drinking age in the location’s jurisdiction to enter without a parent or legal guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from the Lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. Services and amenities in the Lounge are complimentary, however you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorise our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. Some American Express Cards are not eligible for all services provided by Member Services Desk. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
International American Express Lounges: Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
Priority Pass: These Terms and Conditions govern Platinum Card Members’ participation in and use of the Priority Pass™ program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge, you will be automatically charged the guest visit fee equal to the visit fee of the Priority Pass Standard program for each guest. By enrolling in Priority Pass, you agree that you will be responsible for any accompanying guest visits and that your Card will be automatically charged after you have signed for a guest visit and it has been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card Account number and provide updated Card Account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfil on the Priority Pass program and may use this information for communications related to the program. Both the Primary and Supplementary Platinum Card Member must enrol into Priority Pass. Once enrolled, Platinum Card Member in good standing may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting your Priority Pass card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, the Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which will be sent to you with your membership package, and can be viewed at prioritypass.com. Upon receipt of your enrolment information, Priority Pass will send your Priority Pass card and membership package which you should receive within 4–6 weeks.
Virgin Australia Lounges: Access is complimentary for Basic Platinum Card Member and one complimentary guest only. The Basic Platinum Card Member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on Platinum Card. The Platinum Card Member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day boarding pass (containing your Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Basic Platinum Card Member permitted. Guest must be travelling on same Virgin Australia flights and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change. Visit virginaustralia.com/lounge for full Terms and Conditions.
13. Fine Hotels + Resorts: *Average value based on Fine Hotels + Resorts bookings in 2020 for stays of two nights. Actual value will vary based on property, room rate, upgrade availability, and use of benefits. Valid only for new Fine Hotels + Resorts bookings made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service, Centurion Travel Service, or American Express Travel Online (Only available in selected markets. Online bookings currently only available to Primary Platinum Card Members). Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card Member’s or Centurion® Member’s name. Available for Platinum Charge Card Members and Centurion® Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Card Members who are not also Platinum Charge Card Members. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided, with the exception of explora Patagonia where In-Room Wi-Fi is not available. In this instance, complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Card Member will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Card Members final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by Fine Hotels + Resorts property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the Fine Hotels + Resorts special amenity during your stay. Benefits are only applied at check out and expire at check out. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating Fine Hotels + Resorts properties and benefits are subject to change.
14. Accor Plus Complimentary Membership: Accor Plus enrolment is required. Accor Plus benefit is available only to the Primary Platinum Card Member. Complimentary membership is a continuing benefit of your American Express Card, however American Express reserves the right to discontinue the benefit, upon providing you with reasonable notice. Once enrolled, enrolment continues for at least 12 months. If you become ineligible for this benefit or if this benefit ends, the Accor Plus membership standard eligibility criteria will apply to you. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid Accor Plus card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. American Express reserves the right to instruct Accor hotels to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Business Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night stay rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be made by visiting and booking through all.accor.com. Enrolment in the ALL – Accor Live Limitless programme is required to receive Silver tier benefits. Benefits are subject to change. Benefits are subject to availability and may vary by property. To view Terms and Conditions visit accorplus.com. Dining and drinks discounts may not apply to breakfast at selected hotels in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and French Polynesia; mini bars, room service or pool bars; public holidays or during special events; or children’s menu. For more information, please visit accorplus.com/en/australia/benefits/more-flavours. Dining privileges are subject to the Accor Plus Membership Terms and Conditions which are found at accorplus.com/en/australia/about/terms-and-conditions.
15. No Pre-set Spending Limit: No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
16. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 12 January 2022, are approved and spend $3,000 on their new Card in the first 2 months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Please allow 8 to 10 weeks after you have met the spend criteria for the 120,000 bonus Qantas Points to be awarded to your Qantas Business Rewards account. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. $450 annual fee applies. Subject to the American Express® Qantas Business Rewards Card Points Terms and Conditions.
17. TRIPLE Qantas Points: A Client must be a Qantas Business Rewards Program member to earn TRIPLE Qantas Points for business. The TRIPLE Qantas Points for business Benefit is available only for an American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card Member when the Card is used to make an eligible Qantas flight booking, as per the eligibility defined at qantasbusinessrewards.com/terms. A one-off joining fee of $89.50 usually applies, however this will be waived for any business that has an existing American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card. A Member’s ABN and traveller’s Qantas Frequent Flyer number must be quoted at the time of booking to earn Qantas Points for both the business and the traveller. Qantas will allocate TRIPLE the number of Qantas Points which will be awarded to the business under the Qantas Business Rewards Airline Reward Scheme Terms and Conditions available at qantasbusinessrewards.com/terms#airlineterms. Qantas Points earning thresholds apply as per the TRIPLE Qantas Points for business benefit Terms and Conditions at amex.com.au/qantaspa. Membership of Qantas Business Rewards and the earning of Qantas Points as a business are subject to the Qantas Business Rewards Terms and Conditions available at qantasbusinessrewards.com/terms.
18. Qantas Points: A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for business. Membership and the earning of Qantas Points as a business are subject to the Qantas Business Rewards Terms and Conditions. Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card Points Terms and Conditions. Your business will earn 1.25 Qantas Points per $1 of everyday spend, which does not include annual fees, late payment fee and fees and charges for foreign currencies. Your business will earn 0.5 Qantas Points per $1 spent at participating merchants classified as "utilities" including gas, water and electricity providers; "government" including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation, federal/state and local government bodies; and "insurance" excluding insurances offered by American Express. Your business will earn 2 Qantas Points per $1 spent on the following Qantas Products and Services purchased on the Qantas merchant account (i.e. directly from Qantas): Qantas passenger flights (with a QF flight number), Qantas Holidays, Qantas Branded non-airfare products, and Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and annual fees. Excludes Jetstar. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card Points Terms and Conditions.
19.Extend your cash flow by up to 102 days on BP Plus Fuel spend: A combination of up to 51 days on the BP Plus Fuel Card, available here and up to 51 days on the American Express® Qantas Business Rewards Card. Total cash flow days depends on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your Account from your previous statement period.
20. Complimentary domestic passes: Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer member and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership once you make an Eligible Qantas Purchase on your American Express Card during that year. Eligible Qantas Purchases are Qantas passenger airfares with a QF flight number purchased directly from Qantas Australia by you (or on your behalf by a travel agent) that appear on your Card statement, Qantas Frequent Flyer, Qantas Business Rewards or Qantas Club membership, joining or annual fees. Excludes purchases from Jetstar. Within 1-2 weeks of the Eligible Qantas Purchase, two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations will be assigned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Visit the Complimentary Invitations Portal to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a single visit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card account is not in good standing, if the Eligible Qantas Purchase is refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.
21. Up to 8% saving on the base fare of eligible Qantas Flights: Savings are available exclusively to Qantas Business Rewards Members on selected fares only and do not apply to taxes, fees and carrier charges. Savings vary depending on your business level in the Qantas Business Rewards Program. Availability is limited. Advance purchase and other conditions apply. Savings are subject to and defined in the Terms and Conditions of Qantas Business Rewards. Payment on the American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card is not required to access the savings.
22. A business must be a Qantas Business Rewards Member to earn Qantas Points for business. Membership and Qantas Points are subject to Qantas Business Rewards Terms and Conditions. 1 Qantas Point will be earned for every litre of Ultimate 98. 1 Qantas Point will be earned for every 2 litres of 91, 95, Diesel, and Ultimate Diesel. 1 Qantas Point will be earned on eligible in-store purchases. For a full list of eligible in-store purchases, please refer to the BP Plus Terms and Conditions. Qantas Points will be awarded to the eligible Member's account 4 weeks after a BP Plus account has been paid. Qantas Points for BP Plus members are offered and administered under the BP Terms and Conditions and will not reflect on the Members American Express Qantas Business Rewards Card account . Any claims in relation to Qantas Points under this offer must be made directly to BP at email@example.com.