1. Points earn: Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program. You will earn 2 points for every $1 spent on all spend except government where you will earn 1 point for every $1 spent. Merchants classified as "government" include the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation, Federal/State and Local government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through a payment aggregator may earn points at the government earn rate. There may be tax implications associated with participation in the Membership Rewards program. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information.
2. To be eligible for the 50,000 Membership Reward Bonus Points, you must have spent $100,000 within the specified time period, paid the annual fee and minimum payment of the last Credit Card statement by the due date. The time period in which you need to spend $100,000 is 365 days from your Card approval date. Your spend cannot be carried forward to any subsequent Membership year/s. Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s Account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met.
3. American Express Card Insurances are subject to Terms, Conditions and exclusions. The complimentary travel insurance cover is also subject to maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and limits and is available when you use your American Express Business ExplorerTM Credit Card to pay for return domestic or international travel. American Express Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (“Chubb”) and are subject to the Terms, Conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Card insurances policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No 291313) (“AEAL”) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney 2000 and Chubb. The Insurance Terms & Conditions do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms and Conditions are subject to change. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions booklet available upon request from us and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
4. Points transfer. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an Airline or Hotel Partner Program you must be a member of the Partner Program. Membership of the Partner program is the Card Member’s responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable Program. A joining fee may apply.
5. Shop with Points at David Jones. Subject to the David Jones Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com.au. Terms and Conditions apply to all Membership Rewards redemption options and redemption is subject to availability. Subject to your Account being kept in good standing and not overdue. Only American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited are eligible provided they are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. Supplementary Card Members are not eligible for Shop with Points transactions. The Primary Card must be used to complete the transaction. Minimum redemption amounts apply. The amount of Membership Rewards points required to purchase the item(s) is subject to change at any time. For the David Jones Refund Policy please go to davidjones.com.au/return-policy or for online delivery details and prices go to davidjones.com.au/Delivery-information.
6. Gift Cards. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit. Normal retailer gift card or voucher conditions apply, refer to the gift card or retailer website for details. Minimum redemption amounts apply.
7. Points for Credit. Points may be redeemed by the Basic Card Member for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Card Member’s other Accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within three business days and cannot be reversed. Redeeming Points for Credit is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund. If redeeming with Points + Pay, the ‘pay’ component of your purchase will be automatically billed to your American Express Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption. You’ll earn Membership Rewards points on the ‘pay’ component of your purchase only.
8. FXIP Service is not available to individual consumers. To enrol in this service, your business will be required to complete an application, which is subject to review and approval by American Express. FXIP transactions are excluded from the standard MR earn rate as per the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
10. As a Business Explorer Card Member you are eligible to enroll in complimentary Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status. Once you request enrollment within the Marriott Bonvoat the Gold Elite Status level, American Express will share your enrollment information with The Marriott Bonvoy™ Program (“Marriott Bonvoy™”). Marriott Bonvoy may use this information in accordance with its privacy statement available at www.marriott.com/privacy. You will maintain Gold Elite Status without meeting otherwise required Marriott Bonvoy criteria as long as you remain an eligible American Express Card Member or until American Express notifies you that the benefit is terminated. Marriott Bonvoy member benefits are subject to change, availability and certain eligibility requirements. Reservations booked through third parties and online booking sources are not eligible. For complete Marriott Bonvoy Program Terms visit www.marriott.com/signInOverlay.mi. Marriott Bonvoy program amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. Upgrades are based upon availability and will vary by property.
11. American Express Travel Online: You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel Online with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be made for any person, provided all your Accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Points cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking Terms and Conditions.
12. Travel Agency Partners: Minimum redemption amounts apply. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through Webjet.com.au and Helloworld with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be made for any person, provided all your Accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Partner Terms and Conditions apply. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the Partners' booking Terms and Conditions.
13. Select + Pay with points: For each successful transaction with Select + Pay with points, points will be debited from your Membership Rewards Account and a credit placed on your Card in line with the points chosen to be used for the Eligible Charge. Minimum redemption amounts apply. Any credit to your Card Account cannot exceed the amount of the relevant Eligible Charges. A credit will appear on your statement identified as “Rewards Credit”. Points will be debited immediately and the credit will take up to 3 business days to appear online. Credits processed after the Card Account’s statement closing date will appear in the following statement. You are still responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card Account by the due date. Select + Pay with points is not available for redemption by Corporate Card Accounts and is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
14. AccessLine is not available to individual consumers. To enrol in this service, your business will be required to complete an application, which is subject to review and approval by American Express. For a copy of the application, including Terms and Conditions, call 1300 885 749. Users need to have an American Express Corporate Card or American Express Business Card, an FX International Payments Account and be registered to use AccessLine.
15. Employee Cards, American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Employee Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Primary Card Member and each Employee Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Employee Card spending.
16. Mobile Wallets: Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., Samsung Pay, Galaxy S (and other device names) and Samsung Knox are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Samsung Pay is available on select Samsung devices. Google Pay and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.