1. Points earn: Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program. You will earn 2 points for every $1 spent on all spend except government where you will earn 1 point for every $1 spent. Merchants classified as "government" including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation, Federal/State and Local government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through a payment aggregator may earn points at the government earn rate. There may be tax implications associated with participation in the Membership Rewards program. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information.
2. To be eligible for the 50,000 Membership Reward Bonus Points, you must have spent $100,000 within the specified time period, paid the annual fee and minimum payment of the last Credit Card statement by the due date. The time period in which you need to spend $100,000 is 365 days from your Card approval date. Your spend cannot be carried forward to any subsequent Membership year/s. Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s Account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met.
3. American Express Card Insurances are subject to Terms, Conditions and exclusions. The complimentary travel insurance cover is also subject to maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and limits and is available when you use your American Express Business ExplorerTM Credit Card to pay for return domestic or international travel. American Express Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (“Chubb”) and are subject to the Terms, Conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Card insurances policy of insurance between American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No 291313) (“AEAL”) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney 2000 and Chubb. The Insurance Terms & Conditions do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms and Conditions are subject to change. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions booklet available upon request from us and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
4. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. American Express Business Explorer® Credit Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
5. Emergency Card Replacement: If your Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
6. Complimentary Silver Status- You will receive complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status with your Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express. Complimentary Silver status benefit is only available to the Basic Card Member. If your Hilton Honors™ Card from American Express is cancelled for any reason, your complimentary Hilton Honors Silver status provided with the Card will be cancelled. American Express reserves the right to change, modify or revoke complimentary Silver status at any time. If your complimentary Silver status is cancelled, you may be able to maintain your Silver status by qualifying under the Hilton Honors Program Terms. Silver status benefits are subject to availability and vary by hotel. For more information on Silver status benefits or how to maintain Silver status each year with qualifying stays, nights or Hilton Honors Base Points through the Hilton Honors Program, and for complete Terms and Conditions, visit HiltonHonors.com/MemberBenefits.
7. 5th Night Free: For every Standard Room Reward stay of five or more nights, every 5th night is free. Members can utilise the 5th Night Free benefit on an unlimited number of stays annually. Applies only to five consecutive nights within the same full Points Standard Room Reward stay at the same property, up to 20 nights, when confirmed at time of booking. No more than four free nights will be awarded per stay. If free night is declined, reservation is cancelled, or check-out occurs before fifth night, the free night is forfeited and has no cash, Point, or Reward value. After the 5th Night Free benefit is applied, eligible members will be charged 0 points for the 5th night, 10th night, 15th night, and 20th night of the stay, as applicable. All other nights of the stay will be charged at the applicable full Standard Room Reward price. A standard room is defined by each hotel and subject to availability at participating hotels within the Hilton Portfolio. Applies to Standard Room Reward stays only, not to paid stays or Points & Money Rewards™. Does not apply when stay is booked as part of a Reward Stay offer, package, or promotion offered by Hilton or any of its partners.
8. The Hotel Collection: Valid only for new The Hotel Collection bookings with participating providers of two or more consecutive nights made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service or Centurion Travel Service, American Express Travel office or American Express Travel Online (online bookings currently only available to Basic Card Members). Available only for the following American Express Cardmembers: Consumer and Business Gold Card Members, Consumer and Business Platinum Card ® Members and Consumer and Business Centurion® Members (“Eligible Card Members”). The term “Eligible Card Members” does not include Gold and Platinum Credit Card Members. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Eligible Card Members name. Eligible Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Hotel nightly rates vary by property, dates, room category and occupancy. Participating providers and benefits subject to change.
9. AccessLine is not available to individual consumers. To enrol in this service, your business will be required to complete an application, which is subject to review and approval by American Express. For a copy of the application, including Terms and Conditions, call 1300 885 749. Users need to have an American Express Corporate Card or American Express Business Card, an FX International Payments Account and be registered to use AccessLine.
10. Employee Cards, American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Employee Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Primary Card Member and each Employee Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Employee Card spending.
11. Mobile Wallets: Apple, the Apple logo, iPhone and iPad are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the US and other countries. Apple Pay and Touch ID are trademarks of Apple Inc., Samsung Pay, Galaxy S (and other device names) and Samsung Knox are trademarks or registered trademarks of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd. Samsung Pay is available on select Samsung devices. Google Pay and the Google Logo are trademarks of Google LLC.