• Keep your mobile phone number and e-mail address up to date on all of your accounts so you can be promptly notified of any suspicious activity
• Lock your mobile phone with a password and/or encryption when not in use
• Secure your e-mail and mobile accounts with strong, unique passwords and enable any additional security options offered
• Create longer length passwords using combinations of letters and numbers
• Use different passwords for each of your online accounts
• Don't use predictable passwords
• Change your passwords regularly
American Express will never e-mail you to ask you for sensitive information. If you receive a suspicious email which claims to be from American Express, do not click on any links. Please forward the email to AUemailfraud@americanexpress.com or NZemailfraud@americanexpress.com.