Use the Card to earn points
As you use the Card to pay for day-to-day business expenses – such as travel, inventory, utilities, telecoms, and even settling B2B expenses – you'll earn points, which can quickly add up. The rate of points earned varies based on the type of American Express Business Card you have.
Tips to maximise the points you can earn
• Use the card as the default payment for frequently reoccurring business expenses – such as telecoms, insurance and utilities – and regular purchases from suppliers
• Work with your suppliers to have the Business Card on file for reoccurring purchases
• Pay for large one-off purchases - such as new equipment – with the American Express Business Card
Speak to a business specialist to see the types of spending other businesses in your industry are putting on their American Express Cards.
Earn points when paying your taxes
Use the Card to pay your business taxes and earn 0.5 points1 for every dollar you spend on your payment
Multiply Rewards with Supplementary Cards
• You can earn even more points by providing Supplementary Cards2 to employees
• All the points earned from Supplementary Cards will accumulate on the Primary Card Holder’s account
• There is no limit to the amount of points that can be earned and the points will never expire
Helping your business take off
Frequent flyers can go for one of our Business Cards issued in partnership with Qantas or Velocity . If you are already collecting points with these airline partners, you can increase the points earned by using the Card to pay for flights.
Redeeming reward points is easy. Simply log on to the online portal and use your points for travel3, gift cards4 or to pay off the balance on your card.5
The points you earn on purchases can help pay off your Card balance. It's called Points for Credit5 and it's the ideal way to help with your cash flow.
Depending on the Business Card you hold your points can be transferred to up to 10 airline reward partners3 to earn travel rewards. Business owners can also change their points into foreign currency6, or use them to book travel online.
Points can be used for Gift Cards4 for anything from fuel to furniture. You could even use them for employee bonuses, with Gift Cards from David Jones Online.7
American Express approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 24 April 2015 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.
There are seven American Express Business Cards – one of them could be perfect for your business.
Speak to a specialist about our range of business Cards