Receive complimentary enrolment in the Membership Rewards Ascent program1,
- 2 points per $1 spent1 up to 100,000 Membership Rewards points1. Once you have reached the cap of 100,000 Membership Rewards points you'll earn 1 point per $1 spent, excluding the categories below where you'll earn 0.5 per $1 spent1
- 0.5 points per $1 spent on utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express) and government bodies in Australia1
- Complimentary Supplementary Cards4 earn your points at a faster rate with Supplementary Cards4 linked to your account at no additional cost.
- Your points don't expire so you can accumulate as many as you like6
American Express provides transaction data feeds to MYOB accounting software, ensuring a more time efficient and seamless business experience5. Card Members must be enrolled with MYOB for the automatic transaction data feed to take place.
For more information and to enrol your American Express Card, please visit myob.com.au/bank-feeds
Download statements and transaction details, view balances and keep track of business expenditure using QuickenTM, MYOB® or Microsoft® Excel.
Online Fraud Protection Guarantee10 means you won't be held responsible for any unauthorised purchases made online, provided you notify us immediately.
Emergency Card replacement11 - with our global network of offices, we can usually get a replacement Card to you virtually anywhere in the world. Call us on 1300 132 639 from Australia or on +612 9271 8666 from abroad.
To save time before you apply for your American Express Business Accelerator Credit Card, it's best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
- I am aged over 18
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- I have a personal gross (pre-tax) annual income of $24,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
If you can say yes, go ahead. Your application can take less than 10 minutes and we'll give you a response in approximately 5-10 working days - so apply now.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees, charges and interest rates apply. All Interest Rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information is correct as at 11 September 2014 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited.
1. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program in which you are actively enrolled (an annual fee may apply). Spending at restaurants, airlines and accommodation will only be eligible for increased Membership Rewards points where they are categorised as such in the American Express Merchant Acceptance system. For example, dining within a retail department store, hotels, pubs and liquor outlets may not be eligible to receive the additional points for restaurants. Spend on airlines or accommodation is eligible for the additional points when paid directly to the merchant or through a travel agent. Membership Rewards points are awarded on the $AU equivalent amount of the spend in foreign currency. Except for spend in foreign currency, purchases at these merchants are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia. You will earn 0.5 Membership Rewards point per $1 spend at participating merchants classified as; "utilities" including gas, water and electricity providers; "government" including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies; and "insurance" excluding insurances offered by American Express. Purchases at these merchants are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia. There is no expiry date for points earned while in the program so long as you are an American Express Card Member enrolled in Membership Rewards, and your account is kept in good standing and is not overdue.
2. The Credit Card gives you up to 55 days interest free on purchases, depending upon when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued, whether you have obtained a balance transfer and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period. There are no interest free days on Cash Advances or for any purchases where you are carrying forward a balance on your account from the previous statement period.
3. There may be tax implications. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax advisor for further information.
4. American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Supplementary Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Basic Card Member and each Supplementary Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Supplementary Card spending.
5. MYOB bank feed is available to American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited with the exception of David Jones American Express Cards and American Express Corporate Cards. The Card must be active at the time of enrolment.
6. There is no expiry date for points earned while in the Membership Rewards program so long as you are an American Express Card Member enrolled in Membership Rewards, and your Account is kept in good standing and is not overdue.
7. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be enrolled in Membership Rewards and be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Card members' responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply. Award seats are not available on all routes. Please check availability with the partner prior to transferring your points. Charges/levies/taxes may apply. The redemption of points will be administered solely by American Express. A minimum redemption amount applies. American Express holds no responsibility for flight or accommodation availability, which may be limited. This is at the sole discretion of the airline and hotel partners.
8. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards program available here and David Jones partner Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com.au. Terms and Conditions apply to all Membership Rewards redemption options and redemption is subject to availability. Subject to your account being kept in good standing and not overdue. Only American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited are eligible provided they are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program excluding all Supplementary Cards. This includes the David Jones American Express Card and David Jones American Express Platinum Cards. The Primary Card must be used to complete the transaction. A minimum of 3,000 points must be redeemed at any one time.
9. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit and are valid for a minimum period of three months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher conditions apply.
10. Provided that you notify us immediately upon discovery of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Card Conditions, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.
11. If your Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1300 363 687. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.