Join the Membership Rewards Ascent program1, earning you more points to redeem for a great range of exciting rewards:
- 1 point per $1 spent1 on all other purchases, except those listed in 0.5 points
- 0.5 points per $1 spent on utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express) and government bodies1
- No cap on points5 Your Membership Rewards points are not capped and they don't expire, so you can enjoy more points for longer5
- With Ascent, transfer points to any of our 9 airline rewards partners and leading frequent guest partner programs6
- Use your points to shop online at DAVIDJONES.COM.AU7 or choose from a range of Gift Card8 partners
- Help the cash flow of your business and pay off the balance on your Card with Points for Credit9 or select individual transactions on your online statement10
- Redeem your points instantly in store with Harvey World Travel11 or redeem your points for foreign currency12
American Express provides transaction data feeds to MYOB accounting software, ensuring a more time efficient and seamless business experience4. Card Members must be enrolled with MYOB for the automatic transaction data feed to take place.
For more information and to enrol your American Express Card, please visit myob.com.au/bank-feeds
Download statements and transaction details, view balances and keep track of business expenditure using QuickenTM, MYOB® or Microsoft® Excel.
Online Fraud Protection Guarantee14 means you won't be held responsible for any unauthorised purchases made online, provided that you notify us immediately.
Emergency Card replacement15 - with our global network of offices, we can usually get a replacement Card to you virtually anywhere in the world. Call us on 1300 132 639 from Australia or on +612 9271 8666 from abroad.
To save time before you apply for your American Express Business Card, it's best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
- I am aged over 18
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- I have a personal gross (pre-tax) annual income of $24,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
If you can say yes, go ahead. Your application can take less than 10 minutes and we'll give you a response in approximately 5-10 working days - so apply now.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
American Express approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 11 September 2014 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited.
1. Membership Rewards enrolment required (an annual fee applies). Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here. You will earn 0.5 Membership Rewards point per $1 spent at participating merchants classified as "utilities" including gas, water and electricity providers; "government" including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation, federal/state and local government bodies; and "insurance" excluding insurances offered by American Express. Exceptions may apply if an individual merchant does not accept American Express as a form of payment.
2. Depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
3. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
4. MYOB bank feed is available to American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited with the exception of David Jones American Express Cards and American Express Corporate Cards. The Card must be active at the time of enrolment.
5. As long as your account remains current and in good standing.
6. To transfer points into an airline/travel partner program you must be a member of the relevant airline/travel rewards partner program. Membership of the airline/travel rewards partner program is the Card Member’s responsibility. Subject to the Terms & Conditions of the applicable partner program and a joining fee may apply.
7. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards program available here and David Jones partner Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com.au. Terms and Conditions apply to all Membership Rewards redemption options and redemption is subject to availability. Subject to your account being kept in good standing and not overdue. Only American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited are eligible provided they are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program excluding all Supplementary Cards. This includes the David Jones American Express Card and David Jones American Express Platinum Cards. The Primary Card must be used to complete the transaction. A minimum of 3,000 points must be redeemed at any one time.
8. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit and are valid for a minimum period of three months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher conditions apply.
9. Points may be redeemed by the Basic Card Member for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Card Member’s other accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within three business days and cannot be reversed. Redeeming Points for Credit is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
10. If redeeming with Points + Pay, the 'pay' component of your purchase will be automatically billed to your American Express Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption. You’ll earn Membership Rewards points on the ‘pay’ component of your purchase only.
11. Harvey World Travel Franchises Pty. Ltd. Licence No: NSW/WA: 2TA5129Some agencies may be independently owned and have their own travel agent’s licence. Travel Agent service charges may apply.
12. Photo identification is required for redemption. Points are calculated on AUD equivalent. Redemption of foreign currency only available in American Express Foreign Exchange branches. A Disclosure Document will be provided where Travellers Cheques and American Express GlobalTravel Cards are sold and are available upon request. You should request an American Express Financial Services Guide and consider the appropriateness of Travellers Cheques and American Express GlobalTravel Cards in relation to your individual requirements. Travellers Cheques are issued under American Express International, Inc (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Incorporated with limited liability in Delaware, USA. American Express GlobalTravel Card is issued by American Express Travel Related Services Company, Inc. Incorporated with limited liability in New York, USA. ®Registered trademark of American Express Company.
13. American Express Card Insurances are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. The complimentary travel insurance cover is also subject maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and limits and is available when you use your American Express Business Card to pay for return domestic or international travel. American Express Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (“Chubb”) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Card insurances policy of insurance between American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996) (“AEII”) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney 2000 and Chubb. The Insurance Terms & Conditions do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms and Conditions are subject to change. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions booklet available upon request from us and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
14. Provided that you notify us immediately upon discovery of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Card Member Agreement, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.
15. If your Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1300 363 687. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.