New American Express Card Members who apply for the Gold Business Card, are approved and spend $1,000 in the first 2 months of Card Membership will receive 10,000
Membership Rewards points1
- No pre-set spending limit means more flexibility4
- Earn up to 1 Membership Rewards point2 per $1 spent
- Extend your cash flow up to 51 days3
- American Express provides transaction data feeds to MYOB accounting software5
- Join the Membership Rewards Ascent program2, earning you more points, which you can redeem for a range of exciting rewards
- 1 point for $1 spent on all other purchases, except those listed in 0.5 points2
- 0.5 points per $1 spent on utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express) and government bodies2
- Your Membership Rewards points are not capped and they don't expire, so you can enjoy more points for longer6
- Transfer points to any of our 9 Airline Reward Partners and 2 leading Frequent Guest Partner programs7
- Use your points to shop online at DAVIDJONES.COM.AU8 or choose from a range of Gift Card9 partners
- Help the cash flow of your business and pay off the balance on your Card with Points for Credit10 or select individual transactions on your online statement11
- Redeem your points instantly in store with Harvey World Travel12 or redeem your points for foreign currency
Travel Inconvenience Cover13 will cover you for flight delays, missed connections or delayed luggage when you purchase your trip on your Card.
Take advantage of enrolment in the Hertz Gold Plus Rewards14.This will entitle you to receive a 10% discount on the best available prepaid and non-prepaid retail rates , a One Car Class Upgrade (subject to availability, applicable to standard vehicles only and rentals of five or more consecutive days) and complimentary additional driver at participating locations in Europe, Middle East, Africa, US, Canada, Asia, Latin America, Caribbean, Mexico, Australia and New Zealand.
Enrolment in Gold Plus Rewards is required to receive all benefits. Click HERE
American Express® provides transaction data feeds to MYOB accounting software, ensuring a more time efficient and seamless business experience5. Card Members must be enrolled with MYOB for the automatic transaction data feed to take place.
For more information and to enrol your American Express Card, please visit myob.com.au/bank-feeds.
Download statements and transaction details, view balances and keep track of business expenditure using QuickenTM, MYOB® or Microsoft® Excel.
Online Fraud Protection Guarantee15 means you won't be held responsible for any unauthorised purchases made online, provided that you notify us immediately.
Enjoy Emergency Card replacement16 - with our global network of offices, we can usually get a replacement Card to you in 48 hours virtually anywhere in the world. Call us on 1300 132 639 from Australia or on +612 9271 8666 from abroad.
To save time before you apply for your American Express Gold Business Card, it's best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
- I am aged over 18
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- I have a personal gross (pre-tax) annual income of $24,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
If you can say yes, go ahead. Your application can take less than 10 minutes and we'll give you a response in approximately 5-10 working days - so apply now.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
American Express approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information is correct as at 1 May 2015 and is subject to change. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited.
1. Offer only available to new American Express Gold Business Card Members who apply, are approved and spend $1,000 on their new Card in the first 2 months from the Card approval date. This is a limited time offer which may be withdrawn or changed at any time without notice . Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Previous and existing bank-issued American Express companion cardholders are eligible for this offer (cards issued by: Australia New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, National Australia Bank, Westpac Banking Corporation. 10,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au
2. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au You will earn 0.5 Membership Rewards point per $1 spent at participating merchants classified as “utilities” including gas, water and electricity providers; “government” including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation, federal/state and local government bodies; and “insurance” excluding insurances offered by American Express. Exceptions may apply if an individual merchant does not accept American Express as a form of payment.
3. Depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
4. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
5. MYOB bank feed is available to American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited with the exception of David Jones American Express Cards and American Express Corporate Cards. The Card must be active at the time of enrolment.
6. As long as your account remains current and in good standing.
7. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be enrolled in Membership Rewards Ascent and be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Card Members’ responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply. Award seats are not available on all routes. Please check availability with the partner prior to transferring your points. Charges/levies/taxes may apply. The redemption of points will be administered solely by American Express. A minimum redemption amount applies. American Express holds no responsibility for flight or accommodation availability, which may be limited. This is at the sole discretion of the airline and hotel partners.
8. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards program available here and David Jones partner Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com.au. Terms and Conditions apply to all Membership Rewards redemption options and redemption is subject to availability. Subject to your account being kept in good standing and not overdue. Only American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited are eligible provided they are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program excluding all Supplementary Cards. This includes the David Jones American Express Card and David Jones American Express Platinum Cards. The Primary Card must be used to complete the transaction. A minimum of 3,000 points must be redeemed at any one time.
9. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit and are valid for a minimum period of three months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher conditions apply.
10. Points may be redeemed by the Basic Card Member for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Card Member’s other accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within three business days and cannot be reversed. Redeeming Points for Credit is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
11. If redeeming with Points + Pay, the 'pay' component of your purchase will be automatically billed to your American Express Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption. You’ll earn Membership Rewards points on the ‘pay’ component of your purchase only.
12. Harvey World Travel Franchises Pty. Ltd. Licence No: NSW/WA: 2TA5129. Some agencies may be independently owned and have their own travel agent’s licence. Travel Agent service charges may apply.
13. American Express Card Insurances are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. The complimentary travel insurance cover is also subject maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and limits and is available when you use your American Express Gold Business Card to pay for return domestic or international travel. American Express Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (“Chubb”) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Card insurances policy of insurance between American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996) (“AEII”) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney 2000 and Chubb. The Insurance Terms & Conditions do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms and Conditions are subject to change. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions booklet available upon request from us and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
14. Hertz Gold Terms and conditions and rental location exclusions apply. 10% discount available on the best prepaid and non-prepaid retail rates and it applies to time, mileage and all mandatory insurance and waivers included in the base rate. One-car-class upgrade applies to standard vehicles only and space available, upgrade on rentals of five consecutive days or more is applicable in all destinations excluding Japan and is subject to availability. Rentals within Japan are eligible for a 5% discount and complimentary additional driver, but no vehicle upgrade will apply. Standard blackout dates apply – visit the website for full terms and conditions: www.hertz.com/AmexBenefits. Gold Plus Rewards enrolment is required to enjoy all benefits. Hertz standard terms and conditions of rental apply. American Express reserves the right to instruct Hertz to cancel your membership if you cease to be an American Express Card Member or your account is not in good standing.
15. Provided that you notify us immediately upon discovery of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Card Member Agreement, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.
16. If your Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1300 363 687. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.