The Business Card with premium travel benefits, business services and rewards.
- New American Express Card Members will receive 150,000 Membership Rewards points if they apply for the Platinum Business Card by 31 March 2017, are approved and spend $5,000 in the first 2 months of Card Membership1. This is enough for a return flight from Sydney to Los Angeles2
- Earn up to 2 Membership Rewards points per dollar spent4. Points can be used to reward yourself, clients, employees or to reinvest in your business
- To help with Cash flow Management the Card provides up to 51 days to pay for purchases6. It also has no pre-set spending limit to help provide you with purchasing power5
- American Express provides transaction data feeds to MYOB accounting software7
- Platinum Business Concierge3 gives you 24/7 access to premium services. Our dedicated concierge and travel team are ready to help with just about everything from booking a flight to delivering a gift to a client
- Complimentary Virgin Lounge Access8, plus Priority Pass9 access to 800 VIP Lounges in 100 countries
- Enjoy Worldwide Travel Insurance. You don’t even need to use your Card for the purchase to be covered; you’re entitled just for holding the Card18
As a Platinum Business Card Member, you earn points on virtually all your Business Card spend:
- 2 points per $1 spent at eligible restaurants, airlines, accommodation, foreign currency, advertising, couriers and computer equipment4
- 1 point per $1 spent on all other purchases, except those listed in 0.5 points4
- 0.5 points per dollar spent on utilities, insurance (except those issued by American Express) and government bodies4
The 2 points per $1 earn rate threshold is 375,000 points per year at which point the earn rate reverts to 1 point or 0.5 points per $1 spent thereafter.
- Earn Rewards faster with up to 99 Supplementary Cards for your employees at no additional cost11
You can redeem your points for a fantastic range of rewards:
- Transfer your points to a choice of 10 leading airline rewards programs12 including Qantas Frequent Flyer
- A wide range of rewards You can use your points for unrestricted flights and a wide range of other rewards, from shopping online at DAVIDJONES.COM.AU13 to Gift Cards14 or use them to pay off the balance on your Card15, helping with your business's cash flow
Platinum Travel means a team of experts will attend to your business requests 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - giving you more time to concentrate on work and unwind when you're done.
Your Platinum Business Card comes with complimentary Virgin Lounge access8. Simply show your Card and Virgin Australia boarding pass to gain entry. Priority Pass membership9 is also yours to enjoy. You and one Supplementary Card Member will now have unlimited access to over 800 VIP airport lounges in more than 100 countries.
Plus, in addition to your access to Small Hotels of the World and Fine Hotels and Resorts Programs, our Hotel Elite Tier Program gives you access to Club Carlson’s Gold Elite16, and to Starwood Gold Preferred Guest membership17.
Travel Inconvenience Cover18 will cover you for flight delays, missed connections or delayed luggage.
For most of the Platinum Travel Insurances18 you don’t even need to use your Card for the purchase to be covered; you’re entitled to them, just for holding the Card. Plus, your dependent children (up to and including the age of 24), your spouse and any Supplementary Card Members are also covered by these travel insurances.
Your American Express Platinum Business Card gives you access to premium services with Platinum Business Concierge3, designed to help you save time and manage your account with ease. Whatever you need, just call us 24/7 on 1800 673 760 and we'll go out of our way to make it happen. To be eligible to use this service a minimum of 100,000 Membership Rewards points applies.
American Express provides transaction data feeds to MYOB accounting software, ensuring a more time efficient and seamless business experience7.
Card Members must be enrolled with MYOB for the automatic transaction data feed to take place.
For more information and to enrol your American Express Card, please visit myob.com.au/bank-feeds
Download statements and transaction details, view balances and keep track of business expenditure using QuickenTM, MYOB® or Microsoft® Excel.
Enjoy complimentary membership to the elite Preferred Golf Club10, which boasts over 85 overseas world-renowned golf resorts and hotels.
Stay abreast of business news with a complimentary annual digital multi-device subscription per year19 to The Sydney Morning Herald (smh.com.au), The Age (theage.com.au), or The Financial Review (afr.com.au) - simply select one of your choice20.
Platinum's by invitation only program gives you access to exceptional events and experiences that are not open to the general public.
Monthly Business Expenses Insurance18 means you'll receive protection in the event you're temporarily unable to run your business, to a maximum of $12,000.
Refund Protection18 and Purchase Protection18 on eligible items purchased with your Card, within 90 days of purchase.
Loss/Damage waiver on motor vehicle18 provides cover for loss or damage to your rental vehicle up to $125,000.
Emergency Card replacement - with our global network of offices, we can usually get a replacement Card to you virtually anywhere in the world, usually within 48 hours.
To save time before you apply for your American Express Platinum Business Card, it's best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
- I am aged over 18
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- I have a personal gross (pre-tax) annual income of $75,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
If you can say yes, go ahead. Your application can take less than 10 minutes and we'll give you a response in approximately 5-10 working days - so apply now.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and earn a minimum income of $75,000 per annum to apply for the American Express Platinum Card.
1. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 31 March 2017, are approved and spend $5,000 on their new Card in the first 2 months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Small Business Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. 150,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au
2. The flight values are valid as of 13 December 2016 and are based on a Virgin Australia international return flight from Sydney to Los Angeles on an eligible route departing and returning in the period 21 April 2017 to 27 April 2017. These values are for an Economy Reward Flight and include GST and fees. Based on an average cost per return flight of $1,513/112,800 Velocity Points. Fares may vary depending on flight dates, availability and times.
3. To be eligible to use this service a minimum of 100,000 Membership Rewards points applies. There is typically no charge for Platinum Business Concierge, although you are responsible for any purchases and/or shipping charges you authorise. Fees may apply for meetings and event planning. Return of rewards or items still in 'as sold' condition will not be accepted as part of this service. Members are unable to change or cancel orders after points have been redeemed or payment made.
4. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program in which you are actively enrolled. Spending at restaurants, airlines and accommodation, major cruise and tour operators will only be eligible for increased Membership Rewards points where they are categorised as such in the American Express Merchant Acceptance system. For example, dining within a retail department store, hotels, pubs and liquor outlets may not be eligible to receive the additional points for restaurants. Spend on airlines or spend on accommodation is eligible for the additional points when paid directly to the merchant or through a travel agent. Membership Rewards points are awarded on the AUD equivalent amount of the spend in foreign currency. Except for spend in foreign currency, purchases at these merchants are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia. Selected advertising media channels include, but are not limited to: Fairfax, News Ltd, Google, The Canberra Times, Pacific Publications, ACP Publishing, Cumberland. Selected couriers include, but are not limited to: FedEx, UPS, Schenker Australia, DHL. Selected IT retailers include Apple, Dell, IBM, and exclude department stores and general computer suppliers.
5. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
6. Depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
7. MYOB bank feed is available to American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited with the exception of David Jones American Express Cards and American Express Corporate Cards. The Card must be active at the time of enrolment.
8. Access is complimentary for the Basic Platinum Business Card Member and one complimentary guest only. The Basic Platinum Business Card Member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on Platinum Business Card. The Platinum Business Card Member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day boarding pass (containing their Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Basic Platinum Business Card Member permitted. Guest must be travelling on the same Virgin Australia flight and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change. Visit virginaustralia.com/lounge for full terms and conditions.
9. Complimentary Priority Pass membership is available to the Basic Platinum and one nominated Supplementary Card Member per account on enrolment to Priority Pass membership. It can take up to eight weeks to receive Priority Pass card. Platinum Business Card Members must present the Priority Pass card and same day boarding pass to gain entry into the lounge. Use of this card means full acceptance of Priority Pass conditions of use. Any travel companions will be assessed a guest visit fee at the prevailing rate, currently USD27, per person, per visit. The fee will be charged to the Platinum Card account on file. Additional Supplementary Card enrolments will be charged at a reduced rate of USD249, per year. Visit prioritypass.com for full program terms and conditions.
10. Card Member must be enrolled in Preferred Golf Club to receive the complimentary membership. Complimentary membership is valid for the duration of time the Card Member holds an active American Express Platinum Business Card. Membership is not valid on previous stays or existing reservations. Blackout dates may apply and vary by location. Log onto your American Express online account to enrol.
11. American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Supplementary Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Basic Card Member and each Supplementary Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Supplementary Card spending.
12. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an airline rewards or frequent guest partner program you must be enrolled in Membership Rewards Ascent Premium and be a member of the partner program. Membership of the partner program is the Card members' responsibility and is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable program. A joining fee may apply. Award seats are not available on all routes. Please check availability with the partner prior to transferring your points. Charges/levies/taxes may apply. The redemption of points will be administered solely by American Express. A minimum redemption amount applies. American Express holds no responsibility for flight or accommodation availability, which may be limited. This is at the sole discretion of the airline and hotel partners.
13. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards program available here and David Jones partner Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com.au. Terms and Conditions apply to all Membership Rewards redemption options and redemption is subject to availability. Subject to your account being kept in good standing and not overdue. Only American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited are eligible provided they are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program excluding all Supplementary Cards. This includes the David Jones American Express Card and David Jones American Express Platinum Cards. The Primary Card must be used to complete the transaction. A minimum of 3,000 points must be redeemed at any one time.
14. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit and are valid for a minimum period of three months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher conditions apply.
15. Points may be redeemed by the Basic Card Member for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Card Member's other accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within 3 business days and cannot be reversed. Redeeming Points for Credit is not redeemable for cash via Credit balance refund.
16. Enrolment in the Club Carlson programme is required. Benefits are subject to change. Gold Elite level amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts programme. All American Express terms and conditions apply. All Club Carlson terms and conditions apply. To view terms and conditions visit www.clubcarlson.com/termsandconditions. American Express reserves the right to instruct Club Carlson to cancel your membership if you cease to Platinum Business Card Member or your account is not in good standing.
17. Enrolment in the Starwood Preferred Guest Program is required. Benefits are subject to change. Gold Preferred level amenities may not be combine with the Fine Hotels & Resorts Program. Terms and Conditions of the Starwood Preferred Guest Program apply and can be found at spg.com. Program enrolment is valid as long as you are a Platinum Business Card Member and your account is in good standing.
18. American Express Card Insurances are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. The complimentary travel insurance cover is also subject to maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and limits. American Express Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (“Chubb”) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Card insurances policy of insurance between American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996) (“AEII”) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney 2000 and Chubb. The Insurance Terms & Conditions do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms and Conditions are subject to change. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions booklet available upon request from us and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
19. Only one subscription per American Express Platinum Business Card account. Supplementary Card Members are not eligible for the subscription.
20. Subscription valued by Fairfax. Subscriptions will last 12 months. You cannot change to another subscription during the first 12 months. The subscription cannot be replaced with an alternative Fairfax product. The subscription cannot be exchanged for cash or credit. The subscription is subject to Fairfax terms and conditions (afr.com/subscription_terms/ or theage.com.au/conditions or smh.com.au/conditions).
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.