We'll automatically transfer the Points you earn on your American Express Velocity Business Card to your Velocity Account each month so you can take off on your next trip sooner.
- 2 points per $1 spent1 for purchases with Virgin Australia1
- 1 Velocity Point1 per $1 spent on Card purchases, except those listed in 0.5 points
- 0.5 Velocity Point per $1 spent on utilities, insurance providers (with the exception of American Express) and government bodies
- Redeem for flights or other rewards7 Redeem your Points6 for a range of flights with Virgin Australia and their international airline partners towards a seat upgrade, a stay at selected hotels, to book a hire car or choose from an extensive range of items from the Velocity Rewards Store7
Enjoy two complimentary Single Entry passes to the Virgin Australia lounge at selected domestic airports8 every year.
Complimentary Domestic and Overseas Travel Insurance9 will automatically cover you and Supplementary Card Members whenever you book flights with your Card.
Travel Inconvenience Cover9 will cover you for flight delays, missed connections or delayed luggage when you purchase your trip on your Card.
American Express provides transaction data feeds to MYOB accounting software, ensuring a more time efficient and seamless business experience5. Card Members must be enrolled with MYOB for the automatic transaction data feed to take place.
For more information and to enrol your American Express Card, please visit myob.com.au/bank-feeds
Download statements and transaction details, view balances and keep track of business expenditure using QuickenTM, MYOB® or Microsoft® Excel.
Gain better visibility of your team’s expenses with Supplementary Cards10 linked to your account at only $99 p.a.
Online Fraud Protection Guarantee11 means you won't be held responsible for any unauthorised purchases made online, provided that you notify us immediately.
Emergency Card replacement12 - with our global network of offices, we can usually get a replacement Card to you virtually anywhere in the world. Call us on 1300 132 639 from Australia or on +612 9271 8666 from abroad.
To save time before you apply for your American Express Velocity Business Card, it's best to make sure you can say yes to the following:
- I am aged over 18
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident
- I have a personal gross (pre-tax) annual income of $24,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
If you can say yes, go ahead. Your application can take less than 10 minutes and we'll give you a response in approximately 5-10 working days - so apply now.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
To earn and redeem Velocity Points, you must be a Velocity member. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Member Terms and Conditions, available from www.velocityfrequentflyer.com, as amended and notified to you from time to time. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and earn a minimum income of $24,000 per annum to apply for the American Express Velocity Business Card. American Express approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Interest rates, fees and charges apply. All interest rates are quoted as an Annual Percentage Rate. All information, including fees, charges and interest rates are correct as at 11 September 2014 and are subject to change.
1. Velocity Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Velocity American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions, and exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, fees and charges for traveller's cheques and foreign currencies. These do not earn Velocity Points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the Velocity American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions available here. The earn rate of 2 Points per $1 spent on Virgin Australia only applies to purchases made in Australia.
2. Depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
3. There may be tax implications. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax advisor for further information.
4. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
5. MYOB bank feed is available to American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited with the exception of David Jones American Express Cards and American Express Corporate Cards. The Card must be active at the time of enrolment.
6. When redeeming Reward Seats with Points earned on your American Express Velocity Cards all redemptions quoted are Reward Seats, subject to availability and to the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions. Taxes, fees and surcharges are payable in addition to Velocity Points redeemed.. Seats are limited and may not be available at peak times or on all flights. Any pay component is not eligible for Points earn with Velocity airline partners. Name changes and refunds are not permitted for certain fare types. Credit/Debit Card charges will apply: $4.50 per person per sector for Virgin Australia domestic flights, $7 per person per sector for Virgin Australia international short-haul flights and $25 per person per booking for Virgin Australia international long-haul flights and flights operated by partner airlines. A phone booking fee applies: $30 per person for Virgin Australia domestic and international short-haul flights and $50 per booking for Virgin Australia international long-haul flights and flights operated by partner airlines. Additional baggage charges apply for Virgin Australia domestic and international short-haul flights; please view the Velocity website for a schedule of current fees. Fees will be incurred for excess baggage. Complimentary baggage allowances apply for Silver, Gold and Platinum Velocity members and guests travelling on Flexi, Premium Economy and Business Class Fares. Conditions and travel restrictions apply for all fares. Fares quoted to international destinations not operated by Virgin Australia will be flown by one of Velocity’s international partner airlines. More information on which of our partners can fly you to your chosen destination can be found by viewing our Interactive Route Map, available on the Velocity website. For full details see www.velocityfrequentflyer.com
7. Velocity membership and Points earn and redemption are subject to the Velocity Membership Terms and Conditions available at www.velocityfrequentflyer.com
8. Access is complimentary for the Basic Platinum Business Card Member and one complimentary guest only. The Basic Platinum Business Card Member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on Platinum Business Card. The Platinum Business Card Member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day boarding pass (containing their Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Basic Platinum Business Card Member permitted. Guest must be travelling on the same Virgin Australia flight and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change. Visit virginaustralia.com/lounge for full terms and conditions.
9. American Express Card Insurances are subject to terms, conditions and exclusions. The complimentary travel insurance cover is also subject maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and limits and is available when you use your American Express Velocity Business Card to pay for return domestic or international travel. American Express Card Insurances are underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (“Chubb”) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Card insurances policy of insurance between American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996) (“AEII”) of 12 Shelley Street, Sydney 2000 and Chubb. The Insurance Terms & Conditions do not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. Terms and Conditions are subject to change. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions booklet available upon request from us and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
10. American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Supplementary Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Basic Card Member and each Supplementary Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Supplementary Card spending.
11. Provided that you notify us immediately upon discovery of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Card Member Agreement, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.
12. If your Card is lost or stolen, you must report it immediately. You can call American Express 24 hours a day. In Australia, call us on 1300 363 687. If you are overseas, report your lost or stolen Card to the nearest American Express Travel Service or Representative Office. Once you have notified us, you are not liable for any unauthorised charges.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.