with American Express® Ezicover Income Protection
American Express Ezicover Income Protection can help protect your income and maintain your lifestyle if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury.... GET A QUOTE
For most of us, the lifestyle we enjoy is thanks to our ability to work and earn an income. But life doesn’t always run smoothly. If you were unable to work for a prolonged period of time due to sickness and injury, do you have an option in place to protect your income and maintain the lifestyle you’ve built for your family?
American Express Ezicover Income Protection, issued by Zurich, is an insurance product designed to help protect your income and maintain your lifestyle if you are unable to work due to sickness or injury. There are three levels of cover depending on your personal circumstances:
Sickness & Injury cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to sickness or injury.
If you are not eligible for Sickness & Injury cover because you are a homemaker, a casual employee, work less than 20 hours per week or self-employed and have been in business for less than 12 months, Essentials cover may be available to you.
Essentials cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled solely due to sickness or injury and you are unable to work in any occupation and unable to perform at least three of the defined regular daily activities.
If you have a medical condition or history that prevents you from applying for Sickness & Injury cover, Injury only cover may be available.
Injury only cover can pay a monthly benefit while you are disabled and unable to work in any occupation solely due to injury.
1800 237 300
(Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm AEST)
Words in italics have special meanings as set out in the policy. Throughout this page, ‘Zurich’, ‘us’, ‘our’ and ‘we’ means Zurich Australia Limited; ‘American Express’ means American Express Australia Limited and ‘you’ and ‘your’ means the policy owner who is also the life insured. Please refer to the American Express Ezicover Income Protection Product Disclosure Statement for full definitions.
COVER FOR MORE PEOPLE
• Monthly payments of up to 75% of pre-disability income, up to $12,000 per month (for both Sickness & Injury and Injury only cover)
• Specific terms of cover available for homemakers or people working less than 20 hours per week (Essentials cover), or people with health restrictions (Injury only cover)
EXTRA HELP WHEN NEEDED
• Lump sum payout for Heart attack, Cancer or Stroke with no waiting period (for Sickness & Injury cover)
• A single $500 Return-to-work benefit to help with extra expenses when claim ends (for both Sickness & Injury and Injury only cover)
• While we are paying you a monthly benefit, we will waive your insurance premiums (for both Sickness & Injury and Injury only cover)
COVER TO SUIT YOUR BUDGET
• Premiums are generally tax deductible, and monthly benefits are generally tax assessable
• Discount of 5.7% if you choose to pay your premium annually
• 5% discount if you also have an American Express Ezicover Life insurance policy. The other policy may be one of the following: American Express Ezicover Life Insurance, American Express Ezicover MyLife, American Express Ezicover Funeral Advantage or American Express Ezicover Accidental Death
• First month’s cover for $0
FLEXIBLE – COVER THAT MEETS YOUR CHANGING NEEDS
• Inflation protection available if your income regularly increases
• Once your Policy has been in place for 12 continuous months, if you ever need a little help, you can keep your cover going by reducing your sum insured with the Reducing income feature, or put your cover on hold with the Premium holiday feature
• Applying is quick and easy
• Online or phone application
• World-wide cover subject to exclusions. For more information, see ‘Exclusions - what are you not covered for?’ in the Product Disclosure Statement PDS and visit https://www.dfat.gov.au/travel
Applying for American Express Ezicover Income Protection is simple. We will support you through the application process and you can apply online or call one of our friendly consultants.
1800 237 300
(Mon to Fri, 9am to 5pm AEST)
American Express Ezicover Income Protection is only available to Australian citizens or those holding permanent resident status of Australia, who are residing in Australia on a permanent basis, aged from 19 to 60.
American Express Ezicover Income Protection has three cover types, however, the type of cover you may be eligible for depends on your employment status, occupation, income, health and lifestyle circumstances at the time of application.
When applying for American Express Ezicover Income Protection, if you are working for 20 hours per week or more, are permanently employed or have been self-employed or a contractor for more than 12 months in the same business or occupation, the cover you are applying for will be Sickness & Injury.
If the above doesn’t sound like you, you can apply for Essentials cover. This cover is available to homemakers, someone not in gainful employment, in casual employment, working less than 20 hours per week or if you have been self-employed or a contractor for less than 12 months in the same business or occupation.
If you have a medical condition that makes it difficult for us to offer you Sickness & Injury, we may be able to offer you Injury only cover at a lower cost.
For full details of American Express Ezicover Income Protection, issued by Zurich, including terms, conditions and exclusions, please refer to the following Product Disclosure Statement:
American Express is proud to partner with Zurich, who issue and manage your Ezicover Income Protection Insurance.
Zurich Australia Limited (Zurich Australia) is a member of the Swiss-based worldwide Zurich insurance Group. The Zurich Insurance Group is one of the world’s largest insurance groups, and one of the few to operate on a truly global basis. Founded in 1872, the Group’s headquarters are in Zurich, Switzerland. The Zurich Group employs over 60,000 people helping customers manage risk in more than 170 countries. Zurich Australia is able to draw on its global strength to provide exceptional service and outstanding value, and provide innovative, customer friendly products.
Ezicover has been designed to provide a wide range of easy to understand insurance options that, based on the level of cover selected, can help provide financial security should you be unable to work due to sickness or injury.
Every claim received by Zurich is handled promptly and with sensitivity. Zurich’s local claims team members are committed, experienced professionals who’ll ensure your claim is reviewed as quickly as possible.
We understand your situation
Zurich understand that when making a claim, chances are you and your family are going through a difficult time. If at any point during the process you are unsure about how to proceed, Claims team members are ready with help and advice. Just call 1800 025 015.
How to make a claim