1. Charge Card Spending Limit. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
2. Charge Card Late Payment Fees. A charge of three percent (3.0%) or $20, whichever is greater, will be charged on any overdue amount.
3. Platinum Travel Credit. New Primary Platinum Card Members who applied on or after 17 July 2018, are eligible for one Travel Credit of $450 per year which is available upon Card fee renewal date each year of Card Membership. Existing Primary Platinum Card Members are eligible for one Travel Credit of $300 per year on annual Card fee renewal date, increasing to $450 from 1 November 2018 upon fee renewal. The $450 Travel Credit can be redeemed against any single eligible travel booking when booking online through americanexpress.com.au/platinumtravel or by phone through your Platinum Travel Service. Additional Platinum Card Members and American Express Platinum Business Cards are not eligible for this benefit. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from date of issue and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Card Members are only able to redeem one Travel Credit per booking. If a Primary Platinum Card Member holds more than one Travel Credit across multiple American Express® Cards, the Card Member can choose which Travel Credit they would like to redeem against their booking. If the full Travel Credit amount is not redeemed against a single travel booking then the remaining amount will be forfeited. Refunds may be permitted based on supplier cancellation policy. The amount refunded will be the value of the booking, less supplier fees and the Travel Credit contributed by American Express. There is no refund on the Travel Credit. Your travel credit for that year will be forfeited if you cancel your booking, Changes to bookings are permitted subject to supplier terms and conditions. Booking amendment fees may apply. Membership Rewards points will not be earned on the Travel Credit. An eligible travel booking includes Flight, Hotel, Car Hire and Experiences bookings only and may not be used towards Cruises. The Travel Credit may not be used towards Hotel and Car Hire bookings where payment is made directly to the supplier (i.e. FINE HOTELS & RESORTS). Travel services are provided by American Express International, Inc. ABN 15 000 618 208. Incorporated with Limited Liability in Delaware, USA.
4. The Centurion Lounge Network. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to The Centurion Lounge locations. Gold Card and Green Card Additional Cards on your Account are not eligible for unlimited complimentary access. Platinum Card Members may bring up to two (2) companions into The Centurion Lounge. For the Centurion Studio, Platinum Card Members may bring 1 companion. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Platinum Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Platinum Card Members are allowed access to The Centurion Lounge in all U.S. locations. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. The Centurion Lounge hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities may vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. In-lounge services and amenities are complimentary, however you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorise our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. Some American Express® Cards are not eligible for all services provided by Member Services Desk. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.American Express Lounges. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations. Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behavior or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
Priority Pass. These Terms and Conditions govern Platinum Card Members’ participation in and use of the Priority Pass™ program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge, you may bring in one guest at no charge. After one guest, you will be automatically charged the guest visit fee equal to the visit fee of the Priority Pass Standard program for each additional guest. By enrolling in Priority Pass, you agree that you will be responsible for any additional accompanying guest visits and that your Card will be automatically charged after you have signed for the additional guest visit and it has been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card Account number and provide updated Card Account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfil on the Priority Pass program and may use this information for communications related to the program. Both the Primary and Additional Platinum Card Members must enrol into Priority Pass. Once enrolled, Platinum Card Member in good standing may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting your Priority Pass card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, the Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which will be sent to you with your membership package, and can be viewed at www.prioritypass.com. Upon receipt of your enrolment information, Priority Pass will send your Priority Pass card and membership package which you should receive within 4–6 weeks.
Plaza Premium. Platinum Card Members (and supplementary Platinum Card Members) are entitled to complimentary access to the Plaza Premium Lounges. The Platinum Card Member may bring up to 2 guests into the lounge at no additional cost. All lounge access fees for additional guest visits will be charged directly to the Platinum Card Member's Card, and at the prevailing retail rate, per person, per visit. Lounge access to infants under two years of age is complimentary. To access the Plaza Premium Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day or following day boarding pass on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian where there is a self-service bar. Plaza Premium Lounge reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability and is not guaranteed. The full Plaza Premium Lounge Facilities Terms and Conditions are available at https://www.plaza-network.com/terms Facilities, amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Terms and Conditions are subject to change without prior notice.
Virgin Australia Lounges. Access is complimentary for Basic Platinum Card Member and one complimentary guest only. The Basic Platinum Card Member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on Platinum Card. The Platinum Card Member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day boarding pass (containing your Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Basic Platinum Card Member permitted. Guest must be travelling on same Virgin Australia flights and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change.
Delta Sky Club. The Platinum Card Member must present his or her valid American Express Platinum Card, government-issued I.D., and same-day corresponding airline ticket to club ambassador. Access to Delta Sky Club partner lounges is not permitted. Individuals must be at least 18 years of age to access Delta Sky Club, and 21 years of age to access locations with a self-service bar, unless accompanied by a responsible, supervising adult who has access to the lounge. Platinum Card Members must adhere to all House Rules of participating clubs. Participating airport clubs and locations subject to change without notice. Additional guest access and fees subject to Terms and Conditions of participating airport clubs. For the most current Delta Sky Club access and pricing policy, please visit Delta.com/skyclub. All Delta Sky Club rules apply to Delta Sky Club membership and use. To review the rules, please visit Delta.com/skyclub.
5. Platinum Membership Rewards. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions. Spending on some restaurants, airlines and accommodation may not be eligible for increased Membership Rewards points, for example, when dining in a retail department store, hotel, pub and liquor outlet. Membership Rewards points are awarded on the AUD equivalent amount of the spend in foreign currency. Except for spend in foreign currency, purchases at these merchants are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia. The American Express Platinum Card has a points threshold of 300,000 points per year of membership, after which your earn rate will revert to one point per $1 spent (except for spend at merchants where you earn 0.5 points per $1 spent).
6. FINE HOTELS & RESORTS. *Average value based on FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings in 2016 for stays of two nights. Actual value will vary based on property, room rate, upgrade availability and use of benefits. fhrdigitaldirectory.com, $550 USD = $732.16 AUD (conversion rate as at 18 May, 2018). Valid only for new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings made through Platinum Travel Service or American Express Travel Online. Online bookings currently only available to Primary Platinum Card Members. Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card Member’s name. Available for Platinum Charge Card Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Card Members who are not also Platinum Charge Card Members. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided, with the exception of explora Patagonia where In-Room Wi-Fi is not available. In this instance, complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Card Member will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Platinum Card Member’s final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by FINE HOTELS & RESORTS property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the FINE HOTELS & RESORTS special amenity during your stay. Benefits are only applied at checkout and expire at checkout. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Platinum Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property are considered one stay. Participating FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties and benefits are subject to change.
7. Accor Plus Complimentary Membership. Accor Plus enrolment is required and available until 16 April 2021. Accor Plus benefit is available only to the Primary Platinum Card Member. Complimentary membership is annual within the benefit validity after which standard eligibility criteria applies. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid Accor Plus card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. Accommodation bookings must be made through www.accorhotels.com. American Express reserves the right to instruct AccorHotels to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night stay rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be made by visiting and booking through accorhotels.com. Enrolment in the Le Club AccorHotels program is required to receive Silver tier benefits and Accor Plus benefits. Benefits are subject to change. Benefits are subject to availability and may vary by property. To view terms and conditions visit leclubaccorhotels.com. Annual Accor Plus membership is valued at $395 AUD, found at accorplus.com/en/australia as at 18 May, 2018.
8. Platinum Insurance. The American Express Platinum Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) – see the full terms and conditions available at americanexpress.com.au/platinuminsurance. You must use your American Express Platinum Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance or pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.