The American Express Essential® Credit Card
The perks of Membership, for less
Earn 1.25 points per $1 spent on purchases
Smartphone Screen Insurance
Additional Cards at no extra cost
Transfer points to a choice of 9 Airline Partner Programs
- Earn 1.25 Membership Rewards points3 for every $1 spent on purchases excluding government bodies in Australia
- Earn 1 Membership Rewards point3 for every $1 spent at government bodies in Australia
- Boost your points balance by adding up to 4 Additional Cards to your Account for family or friends, at no extra charge5
Shopping and Entertainment
- Transfer your points to one of
9 Airline Partner Programs6including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines
- Book your next holiday with points online at American Express Travel7 or Webjet8
- Shop online at David Jones and pay for your next must-have item with points at the check-out9
- Use points for gift cards with
- Prefer to keep the cash? Use points to pay for eligible charges on your Account with our Select + Pay with points program11
- Turn your points into your next unforgettable experience with Ticketmaster12
Service and Protection
Buyer’s Advantage4,extending the manufacturers' warranty by up to 12 months on eligible items purchased with your Card Purchase Protection4,covering eligible items purchased with your Card Refund Protection4,covering you if a store refuses return of eligible items purchased on your Card Fraud Protection Guarantee13,meaning you won’t have to pay for unauthorised charges on your Account
- Emergency Card replacement14, for lost or stolen Cards virtually anywhere in the world.
Plan It™ Instalments15 is a new feature of your Card that offers you a flexible way to pay off your Credit Card balance in equal monthly instalments, with 0% p.a. interest and a fixed monthly fee.
- I have an annual income of $40,000 or more
- I agree to access my statements online through American Express
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
- I am aged 18 years or over
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a long term visa. Long term means 12 months or more and does not include a student visa.
Please click here to read the Key Facts Sheet for this Credit Card.