The American Express Explorer® Credit Card
Explore the benefits
$400 to spend on travel each year
Complimentary domestic and international Travel Insurance
Airport Lounge access
- Earn points faster by adding an Additional Card for up to 4 family members or friends, at no extra fee8
- Enjoy no limit on the amount of Membership Rewards points you can earn, no matter how much you spend each month
- Redeem points with your choice of
9 Airline Partner Program9including Virgin Australia and Singapore Airlines or with our Hotel Partner, Hilton Honours
- Book travel online with Webjet10 or American Express Travel11 and pay with points
- Use points for gift cards12 from
leading retailers, or to pay for charges on your Account13
- Turn your points into unforgettable experiences at Ticketmaster14
Service and Protection
Smartphone Screen Insurance6, covering up to $500 for repairs if you break your screen when you pay for your phone outright or monthly bill with your American Express Explorer Credit Card Buyer’s Advantage6, extending the manufacturers' warranty by up to 12 months on eligible items purchased with your Card Purchase Protection6, covering you for the replacement of eligible items purchased on your Card Refund Protection6, cover for eligible items purchased on your Card should a store refuse a return Fraud Protection Guarantee15, keeping you protected from unauthorised charges made on your Account
- Emergency Card replacement16, for lost or stolen Cards virtually anywhere in the world.
Plan It™ Instalments17 is a new feature of your Card that offers you a flexible way to pay off your Credit Card balance in equal monthly instalments, with 0% p.a. interest and a fixed monthly fee.
- Medical Emergency Expenses Cover6 up to $2,500,000
- Personal Liability Cover6 up to $2,000,000
- Travel Cancellation Cover6 up to $30,000
- Travel Inconvenience Cover6 for flight or luggage delays and missed connections
- Up to $10,000 cover for loss or damage to baggage, money or documents6
- I have an annual income of $65,000 or more
- I agree to access my statements online through American Express
- I am aged 18 years or over
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a long term visa. Long term means 12 months or more and does not include a student visa.
Read the Key Facts Sheet for this Credit Card.