1. Qantas Points. As long as your account remains current and in good standing. You must be a member of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program to earn and redeem Qantas Points. A joining fee may apply. Membership and the earning and redemption of points are subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available at qantas.com/frequentflyer. Qantas Points and bonus Qantas Points are earned in accordance with and subject to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions, and exclusions apply. Eligible purchases do not include cash advances, interest, balance transfers, fees and charges for traveller's cheques and foreign currencies - these do not earn Qantas Points. For the full list of exclusions, please refer to the Qantas American Express Cards Points Terms and Conditions. You will earn 0.5 point per dollar spent with Merchants classified as 'government', including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), Federal/State and Local Government bodies, including where you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant.
2. Additional Card Members. Additional Card Members must be 18 years of age or older. You will be liable for all spending on Supplementary Cards.
3. Refer a Friend. American Express discourages spamming. You should only send referral messages to friends and family who genuinely want to receive them. In order to be eligible for bonus points, your friend must apply using the referral link you send them. If your friend applies from a separate link or applies independently you will not receive bonus points. You cannot refer a friend who already has one of our Cards or has held one in the last 18 months and you will only receive the Bonus Points if your friend's Card application is approved. You may only send referral messages to a maximum of 20 friends and the amount of Bonus Points you may receive under the ‘Refer a Friend’ program is capped at 200,000 points per year. For full terms and conditions for your Card product please log in here.
4. Finder Awards Methodology. The Awards were judged based on product data collected by the Insights team at finder over four quarters. Any commercial relationships with providers had no influence on the outcome. Transparency over how the awards are decided is a vital part of the process. Finder publish and commit to publishing their methodologies.
The Best Frequent Flyer Credit Card methodology can be viewed here.
The Best Rewards Card methodology can be viewed here.
5. Qantas Travel Credit. To receive the Qantas Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual Card fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $450 Qantas Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible Qantas flight booked (i.e. a QF flight number on your ticket) and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $450 any unused portion of the Qantas Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Qantas Travel Credit will be available each year of Card Membership, as long as you have paid the annual fee and your account is current and in good standing. Subject to Qantas Travel Credit, Terms and Conditions.
6. Qantas Ultimate Club Lounge. Provided you are a Qantas Frequent Flyer and have registered your Qantas Frequent Flyer number with your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card, you are eligible to receive two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations each anniversary year of your Card Membership after purchasing on selected Qantas products and services using your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card. Selected Qantas products and services means Qantas passenger flights purchased directly from Qantas.com.au with a QF flight number; Qantas Frequent Flyer and Qantas Club membership joining and/or annual fees. Subject to the Qantas American Express Card Points Terms and Conditions. Within 1-2 weeks of purchasing selected Qantas products and services, two Qantas Club Lounge Invitations will be assigned to your Qantas Frequent Flyer account. Visit the Complimentary Invitations Portal to access your invitation, link it with an eligible Qantas flight booking or find out more information. Qantas Club Lounge Invitations are valid for a single visit by one guest to a Qantas Club Lounge and must be used prior to their expiry. Invitations are subject to the Qantas Club Terms and Conditions and are not valid for Qantas International First Class Lounges, the Qantas Chairman’s Lounge, Qantas Domestic Business and or oneworld® alliance partner or associated lounges. Qantas Club Invitations cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year and must not be sold, they may only be transferred as allowed by Qantas. Invitations may be revoked or withheld if your Qantas American Express Ultimate Card account is not in good standing, if the selected Qantas products and services are refunded in full or if you have not complied with these Qantas Club Invitation Conditions, the Credit Card Terms and Conditions or the Qantas Club Lounge Access Terms and Conditions.
7. American Express Lounge. Entry into The American Express Lounge is governed by the full Terms and Conditions available at amex.com.au/airportlounge. All entrants must adhere to the General Conditions of Entry. Qantas American Express Ultimate Card Members are entitled to a total of two (2) entries into the American Express Lounges in Australia per calendar year (1 January to 31 December). Complimentary access is available for the Card Member's children between the ages of 2-17. Card Members wishing to bring additional guests may be subject to a charge that is to be processed on the Card Member's American Express Card.
8. Qantas American Express Card Insurance. The Qantas American Express Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - please see the respective Terms and Conditions for Ultimate and Premium. You must use your Qantas American Express Card to pay for your return trip in order to be eligible for the travel insurance or pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Card members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
9. Qantas Discovery Card Insurance. The Qantas American Express Discovery Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - please see the Terms and Conditions. You must use your Qantas American Express Discovery Card to pay for eligible items in order to be covered under the insurance. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full terms and conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.