1. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through American Express Travel Online with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be made for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Points cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings. All travel bookings are subject to availability. Subject to the American Express Travel Online standard booking terms and conditions.
2. This is available to primary Card Members enrolled in the Ascent, Business Ascent, Spirit, Ascent Premium and Gateway Membership Rewards program. Qantas Frequent Flyer is only available as partner in Business Ascent and Ascent Premium program. Virgin Atlantic Flying Club is not available as an Airline Transfer Partner in Gateway program. To redeem points, you must be a member of the applicable frequent traveller program. Enrolment in the partner program is solely your responsibility and fees may apply. Points transferred to Airline Transfer Partner are not reversible and is subject to the terms and conditions of the partner programs. The minimum requirement and transfer rate varies. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions.
3. Minimum redemption amounts apply. You can redeem points for prepaid travel of a nominated value through Webjet.com.au and helloworld with the point-of-purchase redemption capability. Travel bookings using points may be made for any person, provided all your accounts are kept in good standing and are not overdue. Partner Terms and Conditions apply. Webjet is not available to Card Members enrolled in the Gateway program. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions and the partners' booking terms and conditions.
4. The complimentary domestic economy Virgin Australia return flight is only available between selected Australian cities and is available for booking by American Express Velocity Platinum Card Members after your first Card spend in the first year, and then after your first Card spend each year after the anniversary of your Membership. All flights are subject to availability and neither Virgin Australia nor American Express guarantees that seats or tickets will be available on the dates or at the times you may wish to fly. Seat availability may be limited to certain dates and/or flights and it may be more difficult to book seats around public holidays, school holidays or special events. Some flights may not have any seats available for redemption. Route availability is subject to change without notice. All travel is subject to the American Express Velocity Platinum Card Benefits Terms and Conditions available here and travel is subject to Virgin Australia Conditions of Carriage available at virginaustralia.com.
5. Travel Credit. To redeem the Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual fee and minimum payment by the due date. The Travel Credit can be redeemed against any single eligible online travel booking. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than the full Travel Credit value, any unused portion of the Travel Credit will be forfeited.
Platinum Travel Credit. Platinum Card Members are eligible for one Travel Credit of $300 per year on annual Card fee renewal date. The $300 Travel Credit can be redeemed against any single eligible travel booking when booking online through americanexpress.com.au/platinumtravel or by phone through your Platinum Travel Service. If the full Travel Credit amount is not redeemed against a single travel booking then the remaining amount will be forfeited. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from date of issue and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Supplementary Card Members and American Express Platinum Business Cards are not eligible for this benefit. Card Members are only able to redeem one Travel Credit per booking. If a Card Member holds more than one Travel Credit across multiple American Express® Cards, the Card Member can choose which Travel Credit they would like to redeem against their booking. Refunds may be permitted based on supplier cancellation policy. The amount refunded will be the value of the booking, less supplier fees and the Travel Credit where applicable contributed by American Express. There is no refund on the Travel Credit. If a booking has been cancelled the travel voucher for that year will be forfeited. Changes to bookings are permitted subject to supplier Terms and Conditions. Booking amendment fees may apply. Membership Rewards points will not be earned on the Travel Credit. An eligible travel booking includes Flight, Hotel, Car Hire and Experiences bookings only. The Credit may not be used towards Cruises. The Travel Credit may not be used towards Hotel and Car Hire bookings where payment is made directly to the supplier (i.e. FINE HOTELS & RESORTS). Travel services provided American Express International, Inc. ABN 15 000 618 208. Incorporated with Limited Liability in Delaware, USA.
Qantas Travel Credit. To receive the Qantas Travel Credit, you must have paid the annual Card fee and minimum payment by the due date. The $450 Qantas Travel Credit can be redeemed for any eligible Qantas flight booked (i.e. a QF flight number on your ticket) and paid online through American Express Travel in a single booking. All travel is subject to Qantas Conditions of Carriage. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from the anniversary date and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. For bookings less than $450 any unused portion of the Qantas Travel Credit will be forfeited. The Qantas Travel Credit will be available each year of Card Membership, as long as you have paid the annual fee and your account is current and in good standing. Subject to Qantas Travel Credit, Terms and Conditions.