The American Express Velocity Platinum Card
WORLDWIDE TRAVEL INSURANCE BENEFITS
100 Velocity Status Credits
- Earn 2.25 Velocity Points per $1 spent on eligible Virgin products and services7
- Earn 1.25 Velocity Points per $1 spent on all other purchases excluding government bodies in Australia7
- Earn 0.5 Velocity Points per $1 spent on government bodies in Australia7
- Receive 100 Velocity Frequent Flyer Status Credits when you spend at least $50,000 on your Card in your first year8
- Earn points faster with up to 4 Additional Cards for family members or friends for no extra fee. All points earned will be credited to your Account9
- Two Virgin Australia Lounge passes each anniversary year at selected domestic airports5
- Two entries per year to the American Express Lounge at Sydney International Airport or Melbourne International Airport10
- Medical Emergency Expenses Cover up to $2,500,0006
- Transport Accident Cover up to $400,0006
- Up to $10,000 cover for loss or damage to baggage, money or documents6
- Travel Inconvenience Cover up to $200 if your flight is delayed6
Service and Protection
Purchase Protection6, covering eligible stolen or damaged items purchased with your Card Refund Protection6, covering the cost of recent and unused purchases when a store refuses a return Fraud Protection Guarantee11, protecting you from unauthorised charges made on your Account
- Emergency Card replacement12, for lost or stolen Cards to virtually anywhere in the world.
Plan It™ Instalments13 is a new feature of your Card that offers you a flexible way to pay off your Credit Card balance in equal monthly instalments, with 0% p.a. interest and a fixed monthly fee.
- I have an annual income of $65,000 or more
- I have no history of bad debt or payment default
- I am aged 18 years or over
- I am an Australian citizen or permanent resident or hold a long term visa. Long term means 12 months or more and does not include a student visa.
Please click here to read the Key Facts Sheet for this Credit Card.