The American Express Platinum Business Card
Cards are offered, issued, and administered by American Express Australia Limited ABN 92 108 952 085.
American Express income and credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. All information, including fees and charges are correct as at 15 June 2018 and are subject to change. Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and earn a minimum income of $75,000 per annum to apply for the American Express Platinum Business Card.
1. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply by 28 August 2019, are approved and spend $5,000 on their new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any other Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. 150,000 Membership Rewards Bonus Points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au.
2. Membership Rewards. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions. Government transactions will earn 1 point per dollar spent with Merchants classified as "government" including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), Federal/State and Local Government bodies. Industry specific earn rate may apply when you use a payment account, payment aggregator, services of a third party or online retailers that sell goods for another merchant. For example a payment made to Local Government bodies processed through a payment aggregator may earn rates at the government earn rate. There may be tax implications associated with participation in the Membership Rewards program. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information.
3. The Centurion Lounge Network. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to all locations of The Centurion Lounge. Platinum Card Members may bring up to two (2) companions into The Centurion Lounge. To access The Centurion Lounge, the Platinum Card Member must present The Centurion Lounge agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card, a boarding pass showing a confirmed reservation for same-day travel on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. A Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or legal guardian. For locations with a self-service bar, the Platinum Card Member must be of legal drinking age in the location’s jurisdiction to enter without a parent or legal guardian. Must be of legal drinking age to consume alcoholic beverages. Please drink responsibly. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from the Lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Hours may vary by location and are subject to change. Amenities vary among The Centurion Lounge locations and are subject to change. Services and amenities in the Lounge are complimentary, however you are responsible for any purchases and/or servicing charges you authorise our Member Services Professionals to perform on your behalf. Some American Express Cards are not eligible for all services provided by Member Services Desk. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside The Centurion Lounge. Use of The Centurion Lounge is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
International American Express Lounges. Platinum Card Members have unlimited complimentary access to American Express Lounge locations.Guest access policies vary by location and are subject to change. To access American Express Lounges, the Platinum Card Member must present the agent with the following upon each visit: his or her valid Card and upon request, same-day airline ticket on any carrier and a government-issued I.D. Failure to present this documentation may result in access being denied. Platinum Card Members will not be compensated for changes in locations, rates or policies. American Express reserves the right to remove any person from a lounge for inappropriate behaviour or failure to adhere to lounge rules, including, but not limited to, conduct that is disruptive, abusive or violent. Access is subject to space availability. Amenities, services and hours of operation may vary among locations and are subject to change. Platinum Card Member must be at least 18 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Platinum Card Member must be 21 years of age to enter a lounge with a self-service bar, unless you are accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. American Express will not be liable for any articles lost or stolen or damages suffered by the purchaser or visitor inside American Express Lounges. Use of American Express Lounges is subject to all rules and conditions set by American Express. American Express reserves the right to revise the rules at any time without notice.
Priority Pass. These Terms and Conditions govern Platinum Card Members’ participation in and use of the Priority PassTM program. Priority Pass is an independent airport lounge access program. At any visit to a Priority Pass lounge, you will be automatically charged the guest visit fee equal to the visit fee of the Priority Pass Standard program for each guest. By enrolling in Priority Pass, you agree that you will be responsible for any accompanying guest visits and that your Card will be automatically charged after you have signed for a guest visit and it has been reported to Priority Pass by the participating lounge. Additionally, you acknowledge and agree that American Express will verify your Card Account number and provide updated Card Account information to Priority Pass. Priority Pass will use this information to fulfil on the Priority Pass program and may use this information for communications related to the program. Both the Primary and Supplementary Platinum Card Member must enrol into Priority Pass. Once enrolled, Platinum Card Member in good standing may access participating Priority Pass lounges by presenting your Priority Pass card and airline boarding pass. In some lounges, the Priority Pass member must be 21 years of age to enter without a parent or guardian. Priority Pass members must adhere to all house rules of participating lounges. Amenities may vary among airport lounge locations. Conference rooms, where available, may be reserved for a nominal fee. Priority Pass lounge partners and locations are subject to change. All Priority Pass members must adhere to the Priority Pass Conditions of Use, which will be sent to you with your membership package, and can be viewed at prioritypass.com Upon receipt of your enrolment information, Priority Pass will send your Priority Pass card and membership package which you should receive within 4–6 weeks.
Virgin Australia Lounges. Access is complimentary for Basic Platinum Card Member and one complimentary guest only. The Basic Platinum Card Member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on Platinum Card. The Platinum Card Member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day boarding pass (containing your Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Basic Platinum Card Member permitted. Guest must be travelling on same Virgin Australia flights and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change. Visit virginaustralia.com/lounge for full terms and conditions.
4. You are advised to check with your accountant or tax adviser for further information.
5. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available at americanexpress.com/australia/membershiprewardsplatinum. To transfer Membership Rewards points into an Airline or Frequent Guest Partner Program you must be a member of the Partner Program. Membership of the Partner Program is the Card Members responsibility and is subject to the terms and conditions of the applicable Program. A joining fee may apply. Award seats are not available on all routes. Please check availability with the Partner prior to transferring your points. Charges/levies/taxes may apply. The redemption of points will be administered solely by American Express. A minimum transfer amount applies. Points transferred to Partner Airlines are not reversible and American Express holds no responsibility for flight or accommodation availability, which may be limited. This is at the sole discretion of the Airline and Hotel Partners.
6. Select + Pay with Points. This is available to primary Card Members enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points must be redeemed at any one time. Any credit to your Card Account cannot exceed the amount of the relevant eligible charges or the current outstanding balance on your Account. Certain fees and charges are excluded. Points will be debited immediately and the credit can take up to 72 hours to appear online. Credits processed after the Card Account’s statement closing date will appear in the following statement. You are still responsible for payment of the amount due on your Card Account by the due date. Subject to the Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions at americanexpress.com/australia/membershiprewardsplatinum.
7. Gift Cards. Please allow between 7 and 10 days for the Gift Cards to be delivered. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit. Gift Cards are valid for a period of 12 months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher conditions apply. Minimum redemption amounts apply.
8. As long as your Account is current and in good standing.
9. Shop with Points - David Jones. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards program available at americanexpress.com/australia/membershiprewardsplatinum and the David Jones Terms and Conditions available at davidjones.com.au Terms and conditions apply to all Membership Rewards redemption options and redemption is subject to availability. Subject to your Account being kept in good standing and not overdue. Only American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited are eligible provided they are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program. Supplementary Card Members are not eligible for Shop with Points transactions. The Primary Card must be used to complete the transaction. A minimum of 3,000 points must be redeemed at any one time. The amount of Membership Rewards points required to purchase the item(s) is subject to change at any time. For the David Jones Refund Policy please go to davidjones.com.au/return-policy or for online delivery details and prices go to davidjones.com.au/Delivery-information.
10. Depending on when you make a purchase, when your statement is issued and whether or not you are carrying forward a balance on your account from your previous statement period.
11. No pre-set spending limit does not mean unlimited spending. Your purchases are approved based on a variety of factors, including current spending patterns, your payment history, credit records, and financial resources known to us.
12. American Express approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. This offer is only available to those who reside in Australia. Supplementary Card Members must be over 18 years of age. The Business, the Basic Card Member and each Supplementary Card Member are jointly and severally liable for all Supplementary Card spending.
13. Only one subscription per Primary Platinum Business Card Member and each Supplementary Platinum Business Card Member. The subscription cannot be replaced with an alternative Fairfax product. The subscription cannot be exchanged for cash or credit. The subscription is subject to Fairfax terms and conditions located at afr.com/digital-subscription-terms.
14. International Airline Program. Current Partners: British Airways, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Hawaiian Airlines, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Qantas Airways, Qatar Airways, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, United Airlines and Virgin Australia. Terms: The featured savings included are calculated based on full-priced retail year-round airfares from Australia to select destinations with Virgin Australia in Business (J) Class. Savings are calculated on the base fare and excludes airline taxes. Prices are subject to availability and subject to change. All airfares must be purchased through the Platinum Travel Service and paid for on the Platinum Card. Airfares at sale prices may be released in the market at any time and reduce the featured savings. Fare rules are dependent on the airline’s Terms and Conditions and can vary. Airline Partners and offers vary and are subject to change. Contact Platinum Travel Service for full details on the Airline Privileges Program.
15. Accor Plus Complimentary Membership. Accor Plus enrolment is required and available until 16 April 2021 Accor Plus benefit is available only to the Primary Platinum Card Member. Complimentary membership is annual within the benefit validity after which standard eligibility criteria applies. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid Accor Plus card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Plus member at time of booking. American Express reserves the right to instruct Accor hotels to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Centurion Member or your account is not in good standing. Visit accorplus.com for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night stay rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be made by visiting and booking through accorhotels.com. Enrolment in the Le Club AccorHotels program is required to receive Silver tier benefits. Benefits are subject to change. Benefits are subject to availability and may vary by property. To view terms and conditions visit leclubaccorhotels.com. Dining and drinks discounts may not apply to breakfast at selected hotels in Australia, New Zealand, Fiji and French Polynesia; mini bars, room service or pool bars; public holidays or during special events; or children’s menu. For more information, please visit accorplus.com/en/australia/benefits/more-sensations. Dining privileges are subject to the Accor Plus membership terms and conditions which are found at accorplus.com/en/australia/about/terms-and-conditions.
16. *Average value based on FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings in 2017 for stays of two nights. Actual value will vary based on property, room rate, upgrade availability, and use of benefits. Valid only for new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings made through Platinum Travel Service, Business Platinum Travel Service, Centurion Travel Service, or American Express Travel Online (Only available in selected markets. Online bookings currently only available to Primary Platinum Card Members). Payment must be made in full with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card Member’s or Centurion® Member’s name. Available for Platinum Charge Card Members and Centurion® Members only, and excludes Platinum Credit Card Members who are not also Platinum Charge Card Members. Card Member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Noon check-in and room upgrade are based on availability and are provided at check-in. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at a minimum, a continental breakfast. Complimentary In-Room Wi-Fi is provided, with the exception of explora Patagonia where In-Room Wi-Fi is not available. In this instance, complimentary Wi-Fi will be provided in a common space on property. In the case where a Property includes cost of Wi-Fi in a mandatory resort fee, the Card Member will receive a daily credit from the Property in the standard amount that the Property charges for Wi-Fi. The credit will be issued on the Card Members final statement upon check-out. Benefit restrictions vary by FINE HOTELS & RESORTS property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Advance reservations are recommended for services such as spa, dining or golf in order to take advantage of the FINE HOTELS & RESORTS special amenity during your stay. Benefits are only applied at check out and expire at check out. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Card Member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties and benefits are subject to change.
17. Hotel Elite Status – Radisson Hotel Group. Enrolment in the Radisson Rewards program is required for membership to be upgraded to Gold status. Benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property. Gold status amenities may not be combined with the FINE HOTELS & RESORTS program. All American Express and Radisson Rewards terms and conditions apply. To view terms and conditions visit radissonhotels.com/rewards/termsandconditions. American Express reserves the right to instruct Radisson Rewards to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your account is not in good standing.
Hotel Elite Status – Shangri-La. Enrolment in the Golden Circle Jade Membership program is required. Benefits are subject to change and availability may vary by property (for details visit goldencircle.shangri-la.com). Bookings made with FINE HOTELS & RESORTS rates may enjoy the bonus Golden Circle Award Points under the Golden Circle Program Jade Membership benefits but may not be combined with any other Golden Circle Program benefits. All special amenities under the Golden Circle Program are subject to availability and may change without prior notice. All Golden Circle Terms and Conditions apply (for details visit shangri-la.com/corporate/golden-circle/terms-conditions). American Express reserves the right to instruct Shangri-La Hotels and Resorts to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card Member or your Account is not in good standing. American Express and Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd. reserve the right to change the terms and conditions at any time without prior notice. Should any dispute arise, the decision of American Express and Shangri-La International Hotel Management Ltd. shall be final. If the English version of these terms and conditions does not conform to any other language version, the English version shall prevail.
Hotel Elite Status – Marriott Bonvoy. As an American Express Platinum Business Card Member you are eligible to enroll in complimentary Marriott Bonvoy™ Gold Elite Status. Once you request enrollment within the Marriott Bonvoy at the Gold Elite Status level, American Express will share your enrolment information with The Marriott Bonvoy™ Program (“Marriott Bonvoy™”). Marriott Bonvoy may use this information in accordance with its privacy statement available at www.marriott.com/privacy. You will maintain Gold Elite Status without meeting otherwise required Marriott Bonvoy criteria as long as you remain an eligible American Express Card Member or until American Express notifies you that the benefit is terminated. Marriott Bonvoy member benefits are subject to change, availability and certain eligibility requirements. Reservations booked through third parties and online booking sources are not eligible. For complete Marriott Bonvoy Program terms visit https://www.marriott.com/signInOverlay.mi. Marriott Bonvoy program amenities may not be combined with the Fine Hotels & Resorts program. Upgrades are based upon availability and will vary by property.
18. Platinum Concierge. All fees or amounts payable in relation to the services are inclusive of GST where applicable. All fees, taxes and charges levied by the travel providers and/or air travel suppliers still apply and these are subject to change without notice until such time as tickets are issued. Domestic ticketing includes New Zealand. Travel services provided by American Express International, Inc. ABN 15 000 618 208. Incorporated with Limited Liability in Delaware, USA.
19. The American Express Platinum Business Card insurance is subject to terms, conditions and exclusions (such as maximum age limits, pre-existing medical conditions and cover limits) - see the full Terms and Conditions. Travel Inconvenience Cover is automatically effective by being an American Express Platinum Business Card Member. The insurance is underwritten by Chubb Insurance Australia Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) under a group policy held by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085, AFSL No. 291313). Card Members are not a party to the group policy, but may be able to claim under it as third party beneficiaries. This communication does not take into account your objectives or financial situation. You should read the full Terms and Conditions to decide if this insurance meets your needs.
20. Bonus & Eligibility. Offer only available to new American Express Card Members who apply online, are approved and spend $3,000 on their new Card in the first 3 months from the Card approval date. Card Members who currently hold or who have previously held any Card product issued by American Express Australia Limited in the preceding 18 month period are ineligible for this offer. Previous and existing bank-issued American Express companion cardholders are eligible for this offer (cards issued by: Australia New Zealand Banking Group Limited, Commonwealth Bank of Australia, National Australia Bank, Westpac Banking Corporation). 80,000 Membership Rewards Bonus points will be awarded to the eligible Card Member’s account 8-10 weeks after the spend criteria has been met. This advertised offer is not applicable or valid in conjunction with any other advertised or promotional offer.
21. Earning Membership Rewards points is subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards Ascent Premium program available at membershiprewards.com.au/termsandconditions. Earn 3 points per $1 spent at restaurants in Australia. Earn 2 points per $1 spent on airlines, accommodation and spend in foreign currency. Spending at restaurants, airlines and accommodation, major cruise and tour operators may not be eligible for increased Membership Rewards points for example, dining within a retail department store, hotels, pubs and liquor outlets. Membership Rewards points are awarded on the AUD equivalent amount of the spend in foreign currency. Except for spend in foreign currency; purchases at these merchants are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia. You will earn 1 point for every $1 spent everywhere else except for merchants classified as: "utilities" including gas, water and electricity providers; “Telecommunications”, "government" including the Australian Taxation Office, the Australian Postal Corporation (Australia Post), federal/state and local government bodies; and "insurance" where you will earn 0.5 points per $1 spent, (excluding insurances offered by American Express, where you’ll earn 1 point per $1 spent). The American Express Platinum Card has a points threshold of 300,000 points per year of membership, after which your earn rate will revert to one point per $1 spent (except for spend at merchants where you earn 0.5 points per $1 spent).
22. Platinum Travel Credit. Existing Primary Platinum Card Members are eligible for one Travel Credit of $300 per year on annual Card fee renewal date, increasing to $450 from 1 November 2018 upon fee renewal. For new Primary Platinum Card Members who applied on or after 17 July 2018, you are eligible for one Travel Credit of $450 per year which is available upon Card fee renewal date each year of Card Membership. Travel Credit can be redeemed against any single eligible travel booking when booking online through americanexpress.com.au/platinumtravel or by phone through your Platinum Travel Service. Additional Platinum Card Members and American Express Platinum Business Cards are not eligible for this benefit. The Travel Credit can be used for 365 days from date of issue and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Card Members are only able to redeem one Travel Credit per booking. If a Primary Platinum Card Member holds more than one Travel Credit across multiple American Express® Cards, the Card Member can choose which Travel Credit they would like to redeem against their booking. If the full Travel Credit amount is not redeemed against a single travel booking then the remaining amount will be forfeited. Refunds and changes may be permitted based on supplier terms and conditions. The amount refunded will be the value of the booking, less supplier fees and the Travel Credit contributed by American Express. There is no refund on the Travel Credit. Your travel credit for that year will be forfeited if you cancel your booking. Booking amendment fees may apply. Membership Rewards points will not be earned on the Travel Credit. An eligible travel booking includes Flight, Hotel, Car Hire and Experiences bookings only. Travel Credit may not be used towards Cruises and may not be used towards Hotel and Car Hire bookings where payment is made directly to the supplier (i.e. FINE HOTELS & RESORTS). Travel services provided by American Express International, Inc. ABN 15 000 618 208. Incorporated with Limited Liability in Delaware, USA.