How do I access My Account online?
- To access Offers & Places, if you have not done so already, you need to register for online services and set up a username and password.
- American Express issued Cards excludes David Jones Card Members and David Jones Storecard Members.
How do I access Offers & Places?
- First register as stated above.
- For eligible Card Members with an iPhone and Android, the best way to experience the new features is to download the American Express app from the App Store or Google Play. Once downloaded and you have logged in, select 'Explore Nearby Places' on the account homescreen. Here you can view places that we think you might like; that are currently running a special offer or that warmly welcome American Express. To view ALL offers available to you, select Offers from the main menu (in the top right corner of the screen).
- For eligible Card Members with other smart phones, or if you prefer a desktop experience, log in to Your Account and view the Offers & Places tab. You will find this below your account information on the account home screen.
American Express Supplementary Card Members will be eligible to receive recommendations through the Places
feature if they are registered separately for online services but are not eligible for all Offers
nor to play Local Champion through the new iPhone app and online experiences. See below for listing of Card eligibility criteria.
How do I access Local Champion?
- Local Champion is only available to eligible Membership Rewards enrolled Card Members (excludes David Jones American Express Card Members) as part of the American Express iPhone app.
- To access Local Champion, if you have not done so already, firstly you need register for online services and set a username and password.
- Once you have logged into the app, simply select 'Play Local Champion' from the account homescreen. This option appears automatically for eligible Card Members only. See below for listing of Card eligibility criteria.
- Local Champion is an iPhone app only feature at this stage.
Is my American Express Card eligible for the iPhone app, Android app and online features?
Only American Express Cards issued by American Express Australia Limited are eligible. See below specific Card listings:
Cards eligible for Offers & Places: American Express Centurion Card; American Express Platinum Card; American Express Platinum Edge Credit Card; American Express Platinum Reserve Credit Card; American Express Platinum Rewards Credit Card; American Express Gold Card; American Express Card (Green); American Express Affinity Platinum Edge Card; American Express Affinity Platinum Reserve Credit Card; American Express Affinity Gold Card and American Express Affinity Gold Premium Credit Card; American Express Centurion Business Card, David Jones American Express Gold Credit Card, David Jones American Express Platinum Credit Card, American Express Platinum Business Card, American Express Gold Business Card, American Express Business Card (Green) and American Express Business Accelerator Credit Card.
The above Cards are also eligible for Local Champion but you must also be enrolled in the Membership Rewards program.
Cards eligible for Offers & Places but not eligible for Local Champion: Qantas American Express Cards, Velocity American Express Cards, David Jones American Express Credit Cards and David Jones Storecards.
American Express Supplementary Cardholders will be eligible to receive recommendations and offers if they are registered separately for online services. Supplementary Card Members are not eligible for Local Champion.
Cards not eligible for Offers, Places and Local Champion: Cards not issued by American Express Australia Limited, American Express Business Travel Accounts, Government Cards, American Express Corporate Purchasing Cards, American Express Corporate Cards and American Express Business Cards that are affiliated with a wholesale partner. Bank issued American Express Cards might qualify as an eligible Card for some offers only if registered for the offers separately through amexconnect.com.au
Do I need to register for American Express offers?
Yes. Primary Cardholders need to register their eligible Card by clicking 'Save to Card' for the specified offer. There's no prepayment and no obligation to make a purchase. Supplementary Cards qualify as an eligible Card only if registered for offers separately through their Online Services Account.
Does the Local Champion program end? If so, when?
The game period runs from 00:01 (AEST) Monday 4 November 2013 to no definite end period.
American Express holds the right to terminate the game at any point of time and will notify the Local Champion participants on the end date 30 (thirty) days before termination date.