CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
- Information on how to enter forms part of the terms of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to individuals of Australian residency, who are the Primary Account Holder of an Australian Dollar consumer or small business American Express Card issued by American Express Australia Limited (the “Promoter”) or by individuals who hold a Westpac American Express Card or NAB American Express Card (“Licensed Network Partners”) “Eligible Entrant”. Cardmembers who hold an American Express Corporate Card, Business Travel Accounts, Government Card or Corporate Purchasing Card are not eligible to enter.
- Employees of the Promoter, its licensees, belong Pty Ltd and their agencies associated with this promotion, and their immediate families, are ineligible to enter.
- The competition commences on 06.06.08 at 00:01 (AEST) and concludes on 25.09.08 at 23:59 (AEST). (“Promotional Period”).
- To enter the Promotion, Eligible Entrants must transact on their American Express Card during the Promotional Period. An Eligible Transaction is all Card transactions excluding Cash Advances and Balance Transfers made during the Promotional Period, at any participating American Express Merchant (in the Thredbo, Perisher and the Jindabyne regions only) by the Eligible Entrant. Each Eligible Transaction will represent one (1) entry in the draw. Only Primary Account Holders are eligible to claim a winning prize and all Eligible Transactions by a Supplementary or Additional Cardholder during the Promotional Period will be deemed as additional entries into the draw by the Primary Account Holder.
- Entrants (including winners) in the competition may enter as many times as they like by using their American Express Card; However, only one prize per person is permitted (SA residents are entitled to win more than one prize).
- The Promoter reserves the right to request winners to provide proof of identity, proof of residency at the nominated prize delivery address and/or proof of entry validity (including purchase receipt) in order to claim a prize. Proof of identification, residency and entry considered suitable for verification is at the discretion of the Promoter. In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof, the winner will forfeit the prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- The Promoter reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process, who submits an entry that is not in accordance with these Terms & Conditions of Entry or who has, in the opinion of Promoter, engaged in conduct in entering the Promotion which is fraudulent, misleading, deceptive or generally damaging to the goodwill or reputation of the Promotion and/or Promoter. The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify a winner if Promoter becomes aware that the winner and/or the winner’s entry is of a type described in this clause.
- Entries must be received by 23:59 (AEST) on 27.09.08. The time of entry will in each case be the time of the transaction recorded by the American Express transaction system. The Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries.
- There will be 16 prizes of 50,000 points to be given away - one for every week for the duration of the Promotional Period. Each eligible week will start at 12:00am (AEST) each Friday and concluding at 11.59pm AEST each Thursday. Only those eligible transactions made in each Week will be eligible for the prize draw conducted for that same Week. All 16 prize draws will be conducted at the end of the Promotional Period.
- The 50,000 points won will be dependant on the winners’ relevant rewards program that they are either enrolled in, or automatically a member of. It is a condition of acceptance of the prize that the winning Entrant’s credit account must be current (during the Promotional Period and at the time of the draws) and the winning entrant must not be in default under their credit contract.
The applicable rewards programs are:
The prize must be taken as offered and cannot be varied. Please allow 8 – 10 weeks for points to be credited to the winning rewards program account. Respective rewards programs’ Terms & Conditions apply to the redemption of points.
Total prize pool is valued at up to $6,400 (including GST)
Prizes cannot be redeemed for cash in part and/or in full.
If the prize is unavailable, for whatever reason, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize for a prize of equal or greater value, subject to State Regulation.
In the event that for any reason whatsoever a winner does not take an element of the prize at the time stipulated by the Promoter then that element of the prize will be forfeited by the winner and cash will not be awarded in lieu of that element of the prize.
The promoter accepts no responsibility for any variation in any prize value.
- American Express Membership RewardsTM
- Qantas Frequent Flyer Program
- Westpac Altitude Rewards
- Velocity Rewards
- NAB AntTM Rewards
- FlyBuys bonus points
Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting the prize. The promoter and the licensees are not liable for any tax implications (including any Fringe Benefits or Personal Income Tax).
Each eligible entrant who has entered the competition over the duration of the promotional period will be entered into the draw. 16 (sixteen) eligible entrants will be drawn at random to become the winners at the end of the promotional period, as detailed in Clause 10. - The draw will take place at belong Pty Ltd, Level 8, 155 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000, on 22.10.08 at 14:00 (AEST).
The winners will be notified by telephone within 10 days of the draw and will also be sent a letter or email advising them of their prize. Winners of prizes will be published in the Public Notices section of The Australian newspaper on 30.10.08.
Prizes will only be awarded to the Primary account holder of the entry mechanism used to submit their entry (i.e. American Express Card). The winner will therefore be, in each case, the account holder.
Should an entrant’s contact details change during the promotional period, it is the entrant's responsibility to notify the Promoter. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to Promoter.
Subject to any written direction given under regulation 37 of the Lotteries and Gaming Act 1993 (SA), an unclaimed prize draw will take place at belong Pty Ltd, Level 8, 155 George Street, Sydney NSW 2000 on 04.02.09 at 14:00 (AEDT) and winners will have their details published in the Public Notices section of the Australian on 17.02.09.
The promoter’s decision is final and the promoter will not enter into correspondence regarding the Competition result.
It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner must comply with all the conditions of use of the prize and the prize supplier’s requirements.
It is a condition of accepting the prize that the winner may be required to sign a legal release in a form determined by the promoter in its absolute discretion.
In the case of the intervention of any outside act, agent or event which prevents or significantly hinders the Promoter’s ability to proceed with the competition on the dates and in the manner described in these terms and conditions, including but not limited to vandalism, power failures, tempests, natural disasters, acts of God, civil unrest, strike, war, act of terrorism, the Promoter may in its absolute discretion cancel the competition and recommence it from the start on the same conditions, subject to any written directions given under State Regulation.
The Promoter shall not be liable for any loss or damage whatsoever which is suffered (including but not limited to indirect or consequential loss) or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with any prize/s except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
American Express Australia Limited, belong Pty Ltd, Licensed Network Partners of American Express Limited and their associated agencies and companies is not responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, either caused by the phone user or for any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilised in this competition, or for any technical error, or any combination thereof that may occur in the course of the administration of this competition including any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line or telephone, mobile or satellite network failure, theft or destruction or unauthorised access to or alteration of entries, and reserves the right to take any action that may be available.
The Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who the Promoter has reason to believe has breached any of these conditions, or engaged in any unlawful or other improper misconduct calculated to jeopardise the fair and proper conduct of the promotion. The Promoter’s legal rights to recover damages or other compensation from such an offender are reserved.
The Promoter is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or lines, computer on line systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any web site, or any combination thereof, including but not limited to any injury or damage to participants or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participation in or down-loading any materials in this competition.
If for any reason this competition is not capable of running as planned, including due to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any causes beyond the control of the Promoter, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this promotion, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, take any action that may be available, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, subject to any written direction given under State Regulation.
The Promoter is American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085) of Level 7, 12 Shelly Street, Sydney NSW 2000 (“Promoter”).
- Transfer personal information confidentially to the Promoter’s related companies or organisations that provide services in relation to this competition. This includes transferring personal information to the USA or other countries for data processing and servicing;
- Disclose entrants' personal information to State and Territory lottery departments;
- Publish winners' names as required under the relevant lottery legislation; and
- use the winner's personal information in any media for publicity purposes associated with the competition without any further payment or other compensation, unless the winner otherwise notifies the Promoter at time of accepting the prize.
Authorised under NSW permit no: LTPS/08/05189
Velocity Membership and Points redemption are subject to Velocity Terms and Conditions. The Velocity Program is operated by Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd ABN 98 116 089 448 as trustee of The Loyalty Trust. Velocity Rewards Pty Ltd is a prize provider for this competition and is not responsible for, or involved in, the conduct of the competition, the draw and / or the allocation of prizes.
Ant trademark:™ Ant is a Trade Mark of National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937
Standard FlyBuys Terms and Conditions apply. See flybuys.com.au for details. FlyBuys is operated by Loyalty Pacific Ltd ABN 82 057 931 334. FlyBuys is a prize provider for this competition and is not responsible for, or involved in, the conduct of the competition, the draw and / or the allocation of prizes.
Licensed Network Partners of American Express Limited:
National Australia Bank Limited ABN 12 004 044 937
Westpac Banking Corporation ABN 33 007 457 141