Get a response in 60 seconds
Enter a world where experience is measured, not in dollars and cents, but in heartbeats, stomach leaps and goosebumps. With an array of exciting new benefits, you'll soon discover why we've called it the wealth of experience.
Platinum Card members can choose to transfer points1 directly into the Qantas Frequent Flyer program2, as well as eight other leading airline rewards partner programs such as Singapore Airlines, Velocity, and Air New Zealand3. Points can also be redeemed for a range of lifestyle, entertainment and travel reward options, including a credit on your Card4.
Treat yourself to an array of Platinum Card experiences, from dining at renowned restaurants to special by invitation only events for Card members.
Your Platinum Card membership gives you access to a range of premium services designed to make your life easier. Platinum Concierge5 is on hand to assist you so leave your tickets, dinner reservations and car transfer arrangements to us. No request is too big or too small – all you need to do is ask.
Explore the Platinum website showcasing all your Card has to offer including member benefits, special offers and much more. To view your benefits click here
Let us take care of your Card, your travel and all the other details of your life.
There's nothing like an overseas trip to broaden your horizons and inspire the senses. And there's nothing like the Platinum Card to make the experience extra special.
Benefits that you can't put a price on - specially selected to turn moments in to memories.
No Card gives you more ways to reward yourself than the original Platinum Card.
Cover for you at home and abroad.
This application will take around 10 minutes to complete if you have all your information at hand. Upon completion of the application, you can submit and your application should take 5-10 working days to process and on completion you will be contacted by post. In some instances, we may need additional information from you.
In order to complete the application you will need the following information at hand.
In order to apply for an American Express Credit Card, you must meet the following criteria.
Applicants must be 18 years of age or over, reside in Australia and earn a minimum income of $100,000 per annum to apply for the American Express Platinum Card. American Express income and credit approval criteria apply. Subject to Terms and Conditions. All information, including fees and charges, is correct as at 1 September 2013 and is subject to change as notified to you from time to time. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313.
1. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here . Spending at restaurants, airlines and accommodation, major cruise and tour operators will only be eligible for increased Membership Rewards points where they are categorised as such in the American Express Merchant Acceptance system (click here for details). For example, dining within a retail department store, hotels, pubs and liquor outlets may not be eligible to receive the additional points for restaurants. Membership Rewards points are awarded on the AUD equivalent amount of the spend in foreign currency. Except for spend in foreign currency, purchases at these merchants are only eligible for additional points if the transactions are made in Australia. There is no expiry date for points earned while in the program so long as you are an American Express Card member enrolled in Membership Rewards, and your account is kept in good standing and is not overdue. The American Express Platinum Card has a points threshold of 300,000 points per year of membership, after which your earn rate will revert to one point per $1 spent (except for spend at merchants where you earn 0.5 points per $1 spent).
2. You must be a Qantas Frequent Flyer member to earn and redeem Qantas Points. Membership of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program is subject to the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program available here . A joining fee applies. Under Membership Rewards Ascent Premium a minimum of 2,000 Membership Rewards points may be redeemed for Qantas Points at any one time and must be in whole numbers. Once Membership Rewards points have been redeemed for Qantas Points, they are governed by the terms and conditions of the Qantas Frequent Flyer program and cannot be reversed. Award flight availability (particularly Classic Awards) is limited particularly around peak times such as school and public holidays.
3. To transfer points into an airline rewards partner program you must be a member of the relevant airline rewards partner program. Membership of the airline rewards partner program is the Card member's responsibility. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the applicable partner program and a joining fee may apply.
4. Points may be redeemed by the Basic Card member for a credit on the Primary Card Account. American Express may decline a Points for Credit request where the Card Account or Card member's other accounts with American Express are not in good standing. The redemption of Points for Credit will be administered solely by American Express within 3 business days and cannot be reversed. Award flight availability (particularly Classic Awards) is limited, particularly around peak times such as school and public holidays.
5. There is typically no charge for Rewards Concierge, although you are responsible for any purchases and/or shipping charges you authorise. Fees may apply for meetings and event planning.
6. All fees or amounts payable in relation to the services are inclusive of GST where applicable. All fees, taxes and charges levied by the travel providers and/or air travel suppliers still apply and these are subject to change without notice until such time as tickets are issued. Domestic ticketing includes New Zealand. Travel services provided by American Express International, Inc. ABN 15 000 618 208. Incorporated with Limited Liability in Delaware, USA. Licensed Travel Agent, 12 Shelley Street, Sydney NSW 2000. Licence No. ACT – 18800682, NSW – 2TA000113, VIC – TA-30233, QLD – 3497079, SA – 214584, WA – 9TA81, TAS – TAS064. If redeeming with Membership Rewards points, all travel arrangements must be prepaid prior to departure to be eligible for Membership Rewards redemptions. Membership Rewards redemptions cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here .
7. Certain room categories are not eligible for upgrade; call Platinum Travel Service for details. Benefits vary by property; call Platinum Travel Service for details. Valid for new FINE HOTELS & RESORTS bookings made through Platinum Travel Service, Platinum Travel Online. Payment must be made with an American Express Card in the Platinum Card member's name. Card member must travel on itinerary booked to be eligible for benefits described. Call Platinum Travel Service for details. Breakfast amenity varies by property, but will be, at minimum, a continental breakfast. Benefit restrictions vary by FINE HOTELS & RESORTS property and cannot be redeemed for cash, and may not be combined with other offers unless indicated. Benefits and additional FINE HOTELS & RESORTS promotions are only applied at check-out and expire at check-out. Limit one benefit package per room, per stay. Three room limit per Card member, per stay; back-to-back stays within a 24-hour period at the same property considered one stay. Participating FINE HOTELS & RESORTS properties and benefits subject to change.
8. All travel arrangements must be prepaid prior to departure to be eligible for Membership Rewards redemptions. Membership Rewards redemptions cannot be used for Cruise Privileges bookings.
9. Card Members are eligible for one travel credit per year on fee renewal. The $200 travel credit can be redeemed against any single eligible travel booking of $200 total value or more when booking through americanexpress.com.au/platinumtravel. The travel credit can be used for 365 days from date of issue and cannot be carried forward to any subsequent year. Supplementary Card Members are not eligible for this benefit. Refunds may be permitted based on supplier cancellation policy. The amount refunded will be the value of the booking, less supplier fees and the $200 contributed by American Express. There is no refund on the $200 credit. Once a booking has been cancelled the travel voucher for that year will be forfeited. Changes to bookings are permitted subject to supplier terms and conditions. Booking amendment fees may apply. Membership Rewards points will not be earned on the $200 Platinum Travel Credit. For online redemptions made through americanexpress.com.au/platinumtravel, the credit is applicable to eligible pre-paid Flight, Hotel and Car Hire bookings only. The credit may not be used towards Cruises or Experiences. The credit may not be used towards Hotel and Car Hire bookings that are reserved on the American Express Travel website where payment is made directly to the supplier (ie Fine Hotels & Resorts). For redemptions by phone, the transaction must be for pre-paid return international flights departing from Australia on eligible carriers only. Please contact your Platinum Travel Service for a full updated list of eligible airlines. Travel services provided American Express International, Inc. ABN 15 000 618 208. Incorporated with Limited Liability in Delaware, USA. Licensed Travel Agent, 12 Shelley Street, Sydney NSW 2000. License No. NSW-2TA000113.
10. Fares must be publicly available in Australia. Fare Guarantee is valid on return fares departing Australia only. The fare must be for the same seat (same carrier, route, date, flight number and booking class), with same terms and conditions (as specified by the airline) and must be available at the time that the quote is presented to Platinum Travel. Claims must be made by calling your Travel Consultant within 24 hours of booking with Platinum Travel. You will need a same-day valid written competitor quote. The new fare must be ticketed within 24 hours of price match, after which time it will be subject to change until ticketed. Airline partners are subject to change without notice. Platinum Fare Guarantee valid until 31 December 2014.
11. Access is complimentary for Basic Platinum Card member and one guest only. The Basic Platinum Card member and guest must be travelling with Virgin Australia domestically. Access is to Virgin Australia-branded lounges in Australia only. Name on boarding pass must match the name on Platinum Card. The Platinum Card member and guest must present his or her valid Card and same-day boarding pass (containing your Virgin Australia Velocity Frequent Flyer number and status) to Virgin Australia lounge agents. One guest per Basic Platinum Card member permitted. Guest must be travelling on same Virgin Australia flight and present boarding pass. All access is subject to space availability. This benefit is subject to change.
12. Complimentary Priority Pass membership is available to the Basic Platinum and one nominated Supplementary Card member per account on enrolment. It can take up to eight weeks to receive your card. Platinum Card members must present the Priority Pass card and same-day boarding pass to gain entry into the lounge. Use of this card means full acceptance of Priority Pass conditions of use. One complimentary guest is permitted per eligible enrolled Platinum Card member only. Any additional travel companions will be assessed a guest visit fee at the prevailing rate, currently USD27, per person, per visit. The fee will be charged to the Platinum Card account on file. Additional Supplementary Card enrolments will be charged at a reduced rate of USD249. Click here for full program terms and conditions.
13. Current Partners: British Airways, Cathay Pacific, Delta Air Lines, Etihad Airways, Emirates, Japan Airlines, LAN Airlines, Malaysia Airlines, Singapore Airlines, South African Airways, United Airlines, and Virgin Australia. The featured savings included in this publication are calculated based on full-priced retail year-round airfares for return companion fares inclusive of taxes, surcharges and fees for the same seat (same carrier, route, date, flight number, booking class and terms and conditions). Prices are subject to availability and subject to change. All airfares must be purchased through the Platinum Travel Service and paid for on the Platinum Card. Savings calculation is quoted at 21 June 2013 based on Sydney to Johannesburg Business Class return with South African Airways. Airfares at sale prices may be released in the market at any time and reduce the featured savings. Fare rules are dependent on the airline's Terms and Conditions and can vary. Airline Partners and offers vary and are subject to change. Airline conditions apply. Contact Platinum Travel for full details on the Airline Privileges Program.
14. Conditions apply. Availability is limited to one table per restaurant, up to four diners. Restaurant partners are subject to change without notice. All bookings must be made through Platinum Concierge.
15. American Express credit approval criteria applies. Subject to Terms and Conditions. Fees and charges apply. Cards are offered, issued and administered by American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313.
16. All flights are restricted to selected classes within the Saver Fare family and are subject to availability. You can book up to 10 months in advance and as with all travel, the earlier you book the more availability options you'll have. The complimentary flight is offered on selected destinations only and not valid for flights with Virgin Australia partner airlines or codeshare flights. Route availability is subject to change without notice. A standard 1-piece 23kg baggage allowance is included. Booking is subject to the American Express Flight Offer Conditions available here and Virgin Australia Terms and Conditions of Carriage available here . Hotel night stay is based on a standard room with two people sharing and must be booked two weeks in advance of stay. Subject to availability and blackout dates may apply. Booking is subject to the American Express Hotel Night Stay Conditions available here .
17. Benefits available at 21 of Alain Ducasse restaurants and country inns for all new bookings made after 1 June 2013. To receive the benefits, bookings must be made via Platinum Concierge and paid for on an American Express Card in the Platinum Card member's name. All benefits are subject to availability and tailor-made by venue. Blackouts dates apply. Call your Concierge Service to arrange your booking. No-show fees apply on selected restaurants (£150 per cover for Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester in London and 150€ per cover for Le Jules Verne and Alain Ducasse au Plaza Athénée in Paris and Le Louis XV in Monaco).
18. You will receive three Bonus Points per dollar on transactions made with My Wine Companion until 31 July 2014. Offers are valid for purchases made in Australia and charged to the Australian-dollar American Express® Platinum Card. Subject to the Terms and Conditions of the Membership Rewards program available here . Please allow 8 to 10 weeks for Bonus Points to be credited to your account. Where a booking is cancelled or transaction refunded, Bonus Points will be deducted.
19. If redeeming with Points + Pay, the ‘pay' component of your reward will be automatically billed to your Primary Card Account and will appear on the first billing statement following redemption.
20. Gift Card or voucher rewards are not redeemable or exchangeable for cash or credit and are valid for a period of 3 months from the date of issue, unless otherwise stated. Normal retailer Gift Card and voucher conditions apply.
21. There is no expiry date for points earned while in the program so long as you are an American Express Card member enrolled in Membership Rewards, and your account is kept in good standing and is not overdue.
22. Enrolment is required and available from 1 October 2013 until 30 September 2015. Complimentary membership is annual within the benefit validity after which standard eligibility criteria applies. Membership privileges will only be granted on presentation of valid card and member must identify themselves as an Accor Advantage Plus member at time of booking. American Express reserves the right to instruct Accor hotels to cancel your membership if you cease to be a Platinum Card member or your account is not in good standing. Click here for full membership conditions, benefits and participating properties. Complimentary night stay rooms are limited each night per participating property and must be made using your membership e-certificate at accoradvantageplus.com or through Accor Reservation Services. Any reservations made via Accor Reservation Services will incur a booking fee. A maximum of one e-certificate can be used per consecutive stay.
23. Enrolment in the Le Club Accorhotels program is required to receive Platinum tier benefits. Benefits are subject to change. Benefits are subject to availability and may vary by property. After five years of Le Club Accorhotels Platinum status, annual renewal at Le Club Accorhotels Platinum status will require member to complete at least one (1) paid stay at an eligible Accorhotels property during the preceding five-year period. Platinum status amenities may not be combined with the FINE HOTELS & RESORTS program. All Le Club Accorhotels terms and conditions apply. To view terms and conditions click here .
24. American Express Platinum Card Insurances are underwritten by ACE Insurance Limited (ABN 23 001 642 020, AFSL No. 239687) (ACE) and are subject to the terms, conditions and exclusions contained in the American Express Platinum Card Insurances policy of insurance between American Express International, Inc. (ABN 15 000 618 208, AFSL No. 237996) and ACE. This does not take into account your objectives, financial situation or needs. It is important for you to read the Terms and Conditions available here and consider the appropriateness of that insurance in relation to your individual requirements.
25. Subject to terms and conditions. Please note that Buyers Advantages does not cover toys, electronic games, cars and other motorised vehicles.
26. Provided that you notify us immediately upon discovery of any fraudulent transactions and you have complied with your Card Conditions, you will not be held liable for any unauthorised charges.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ®Registered Trademark of American Express Company.