||Statement Delivery Option Terms and Conditions Effective 9 November 2005
Choosing online–only statements (Paperless Statements)
By enrolling in Online Statements and electing to receive your statement online, you are consenting to:
- Receive from us by electronic means only, your statement(s) for the Card account(s) you have specified; and
- stop receiving paper statements for the Card account(s) you have specified.
You will receive your statement(s) from us in this manner, unless:
- you withdraw your consent;
- your account is cancelled;
- in the event of a technological outage; or
- due to unforeseen circumstances
- Your registered email address is disabled and or you do not inform us that your email address has changed.
In the event of any of the circumstances above your statement will be mailed to your postal address.
You can print or save a copy of any statements shown online. An email will be sent to your registered email address as notification that your statement is available to view online. Please ensure that your email address remains current and that American Express emails are not blocked as "spam" (junk email) by your ISP.
To ensure you receive important account information and special offers from American Express, add us to your address book. If you require instructions on how to do this, please go to: http://www.americanexpress.com/australia/personalcards/terms_conditions.shtml
Please note your online statement may include important updates to the terms and conditions of your American Express Card account. Please check this carefully. In this instance your electronic statement will notify you that the changes are within PDF online statement.
(If you are enrolled in the Membership Rewards program, viewing your points balance will be available online through the Membership Rewards Online.)
To access and retain (your electronic statements), you will need a web browser that meets the security requirements of our site. For PC users, you will need Netscape Communicator/Navigator 4.06 (or higher) or Microsoft Internet Explorer 4.0 (or higher).
Returning to Paper Statements (delivered in the post)**
You can withdraw your consent to receiving online-only statements (Online Statements) by logging into Online Services, accessing the statement delivery options page and selecting 'paper statements'. If you select paper statements you are consenting to:
- receive your statement(s) for the Card account(s) you have specified on paper, delivered by post to your billing address
- stop receiving email notification that your statement is ready to view online.
** For American Express Corporate Cardmembers
At our discretion you may be able to withdraw your consent to receiving Online Statements and return to paper statements (delivered in the post). Please contact customer service or your Program Administrator to discuss your account.