1. 'Refer a Friend' Terms and Conditions:
- American Express discourages spamming. By participating in ‘Refer a Friend’, you agree to these ‘Refer a Friend’ terms and conditions:
- Friend: For the purpose of these terms and conditions, the term ‘Friend’ means:
- For American Express Consumer Card referrals, individuals that are your friends, family or close associates; and
- For American Express Business Card referrals, entities that are known to you including companies, partnerships and sole proprietors that hold an active Australian Business Number (ABN).
- Only Friends & Family: You must only send referral messages to close friends and family.
- Ask Their Permission First: You must ask the person for their permission to send them an email about your Card product. Sending emails to people without permission is considered spam.
- Cap Referrals: If you hold a Consumer card you may only send referral messages to a maximum of 20 friends, the amount of Bonus Points you may receive under the ‘Refer a Friend’ program is capped at 200,000 points per year or $500 in Statement Credits. If you hold a Small Business Card, the amount of Bonus Points you may receive under the ‘Refer a Friend’ program is capped at 10,000,000 points per year.
- Your friend must apply from the referral link we have given you. If your friend applies from a separate link or applies independently (i.e. if they visit www.americanexpress.com.au directly) you will not receive your points.
- You must not market or promote this offer through paid advertising channels or to the public at large (i.e. on public blog sites, search engines or in sponsored ads).
- You will only receive points if your friend’s Card application is approved (in accordance with our usual Card application processes and assessments). Note: We will not tell you if your friend’s Card application is approved or declined for privacy and confidentiality reasons.
- You cannot refer a friend who already has one of our cards or has held one in the last 18 months.
- You must be enrolled in a Rewards program to receive Bonus Points or Statement Credits. Bonus Points refer to Qantas Points if you are enrolled in Qantas Direct or Qantas Frequent Flyer, Velocity Points if you are enrolled in Velocity Frequent Flyer and Membership Rewards Points if you are enrolled in Membership Rewards.
- It may take 8 to 10 weeks to be credited Bonus Points or Statement Credits if you are successful.
Why should I comply?
If you fail to comply with these ‘Refer a Friend’ Terms and Conditions, your participation in the program may be cancelled and you will no longer be eligible for any Bonus Points from the ‘Refer a Friend’ program.
American Express Australia Limited (ABN 92 108 952 085). Australian Credit Licence No. 291313. ® Registered Trademark of American Express Company