*As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
1. You can earn Aeroplan points (“points”) for eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 2 points for every $1 of eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada. Earn 1.5 points for every $1 of eligible purchases at restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries. Eligible Air Canada purchases means only those purchases made directly with Air Canada as the merchant, including Air Canada Vacations packages purchased directly from Air Canada. Air Canada purchases using your card at another merchant or service provider that sells Air Canada goods or services would not be an eligible Air Canada purchase, such as purchasing (i) Air Canada tickets from an online website other than Air Canada, through a travel agent including American Express Travel Services, or as part of a vacation package from another merchant, (ii) Air Canada gift cards, (iii) Air Canada Maple Leaf Club memberships or (iv) if you make a purchase through Air Canada with another merchant such as a hotel or car rental booking on the aircanada.com website. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan points. All Aeroplan points earned accumulate to the Basic Cardmember’s account.
2. Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a supplementary card. The annual fee for each Supplementary Aeroplan®* card is $50 annually. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 supplementary cards per account.
3. Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a supplementary card. No annual fee for supplementary Aeroplan®* No Fee cards. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 supplementary cards per account.
4. Offer subject to change. 1,000 Bonus Aeroplan points will be awarded for each approved Supplementary Aeroplan®* Card. Bonus Aeroplan points will not be awarded for each approved Supplementary Aeroplan No Fee Card. Bonus points are only valid for Aeroplan Cardmembers who apply for a Supplementary Card through the link provided on this page. Bonus points will be credited to your Aeroplan Account up to 90 days after the application is approved.
5. A Basic Cardmember or eligible Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers travelling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers), are each entitled to a free first checked bag up to 23kg/50lb. Benefit only applies when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. If the first checked bag is already complimentary (for example, as a result of Aeroplan Elite Status or fare purchased), there is no additional checked bag benefit that will be provided. Free first checked bag benefit may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight baggage may apply. For more information on baggage restrictions, please visit www.aircanada.com/baggage.
6. Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada (“Chubb Life”). Use your Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they can also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers can also be covered. You may contact the insurer at 1-877-777-1544 in Canada or visit www.chubb.com/ca.
7. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
8. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
†: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
TM, ®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*, TM*: For trademark ownership details see: americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks