*As a Charge Card, the balance must always be paid in full each month. 30% annual interest rate applies to balances not paid in full. Payments must be received and processed by the date of the next monthly statement to avoid interest charges.
1. You can earn Aeroplan points (“points”) for eligible consumer purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 3 points for every $1 of eligible purchases made directly with Air Canada. Earn 2 points for every $1 at restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop, and drinking establishments in Canada, and delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries. Eligible Air Canada purchases means only those purchases made directly with Air Canada as the merchant, including Air Canada Vacations packages purchased directly from Air Canada. Air Canada purchases using your card at another merchant or service provider that sells Air Canada goods or services would not be an eligible Air Canada purchase, such as purchasing (i) Air Canada tickets from an online website other than Air Canada, through a travel agent including American Express Travel Services, or as part of a vacation package from another merchant, (ii) Air Canada gift cards, (iii) Air Canada Maple Leaf Club memberships or (iv) if you make a purchase through Air Canada with another merchant such as a hotel or car rental booking on the aircanada.com website. Earn rate of 1.25 points for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less returns and other credits. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Aeroplan points. All Aeroplan points earned accumulate to the Basic Cardmember’s account.
2. Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a supplementary card. The annual fee for each supplementary Aeroplan®* Reserve card is $199 annually. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 supplementary cards per account.
3. Account must be in good standing. An additional card is a supplementary card. No annual fee for supplementary Aeroplan®* Reserve No Fee cards. Supplementary Cardmembers must be at least 13 years old. Maximum of 9 supplementary cards per account.
4. Offer subject to change. 5,000 Bonus Aeroplan points will be awarded for each approved Supplementary Aeroplan®* Reserve Card. Bonus Aeroplan points will not be awarded for each approved Supplementary Aeroplan Reserve No Fee Card. Bonus points are only valid for Aeroplan Cardmembers who apply for a Supplementary Card through the link provided on this page. Bonus points will be credited to your Aeroplan Account up to 90 days after the application is approved.
5. A Basic Cardmember or eligible Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers travelling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers), are each entitled to a free first checked bag up to 23kg/50lb. Benefit only applies when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. If the first checked bag is already complimentary (for example, as a result of Aeroplan Elite Status or fare purchased), there is no additional checked bag benefit that will be provided. Free first checked bag benefit may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight baggage may apply. For more information on baggage restrictions, please visit www.aircanada.com/baggage.
6. A Basic Cardmember or Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of nine (9) travellers), are each entitled to Priority Check-in (where available), Zone 2 Priority Boarding and Priority Baggage Handling. Benefits only apply when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. To access this benefit, the Basic Cardmember or Supplementary Cardmember may be required to show their qualifying card to the Air Canada agent.
7. A Basic Cardmember and Supplementary Cardmember(s) are each entitled to complimentary access to any Maple Leaf Lounge located in Canada and the United States, including International Maple Leaf Lounges in Canada and the United States when travelling on an international itinerary. Access excludes Air Canada Signature Suites and lounges operated by third parties, such as Star Alliance member airlines. Guests of Basic Cardmembers or Supplementary Cardmembers may enter upon paying an applicable fee. Access will be granted in conjunction with a same-day, confirmed ticket on a flight marketed or operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, under the Air Canada Express brand, or any Star Alliance member airline. Anyone under the age of majority entering a Maple Leaf Lounge must be accompanied by an adult with access to the lounge. Age of majority is determined by the jurisdiction in which the Maple Leaf Lounge is located. Benefit may only be used as described, and otherwise cannot be transferred. Access is subject to space availability. See www.aircanada.com/lounges-termsandconditions for applicable Maple Leaf Lounges Terms and Conditions.
8. A Basic Cardmember or Supplementary Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of nine (9) travellers), are each entitled to Priority Airport Standby, and a higher priority for upgrade requests to a premium cabin. Priority airport standby and upgrade clearance are available on day of travel when travelling on a fare that allows for airport standby or upgrades, and upon satisfying applicable condition(s), such as payment of fees or use of upgrade instrument(s), such as eUpgrade credits. Benefit only applies for flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, or under the Air Canada Express brand. Priority on standby and upgrade lists is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, holding Aeroplan Elite Status, an eligible Aeroplan credit card, and other rules as determined by Air Canada in its sole discretion and as may be changed by Air Canada from time to time. See www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions for applicable Aeroplan Elite Status and eUpgrade conditions.
9. American Express Basic and Supplementary Cardmembers with a valid Aeroplan Reserve Card are entitled to access the Pearson Priority Lanes ('Priority Lane') during peak airport operating hours. The Priority Lanes are serviced by the Greater Toronto Airport Authority. Priority Lanes are located at select departure areas at Toronto’s Pearson International Airport in Terminal 1 & 3. Access to a Pearson Priority Lane is available to eligible Cardmembers and companions travelling on the same itinerary upon the presentation of a valid, unexpired eligible Card. The name on the Card must match the name on the boarding pass. All passengers departing Pearson International Airport, including those accessing the Priority Lane are required to comply with airport security and customs screening requirements. The American Express Aeroplan Reserve No Fee Card is not eligible for this benefit. Priority Lane access is subject to change or cancellation at any time and additional terms and conditions apply.
10. Toronto Pearson Valet Service – Basic and Supplementary American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card members must charge the parking fee to their American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card for the associated $25 Valet fee to be waived. The American Express Aeroplan Reserve No Fee Card is not eligible for this benefit. Waived fee applies only to Toronto Pearson Airport Valet Services in Terminal 1 and 3. For more information on Valet Service visit torontopearson.com.
11. Toronto Pearson 15% Parking Discount – 15% discount off the cost of parking (including taxes) will be provided as a credit to your eligible American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card statement. The American Express Aeroplan Reserve No Fee Card is not eligible for this benefit. The parking lot is subject to availability. Discount available at Express Park in Terminal 1 and Daily Park in Terminals 1 & 3. 15% Discount cannot be used when reserving parking on Greater Toronto Airport Authority’s (GTAA) Parking Reservation system or in conjunction with any other offers or discounts offered by GTAA. For more information on parking lots visit torontopearson.com.
12. Toronto Pearson Discounted Car Care - Car Care services must be charged to your eligible American Express Aeroplan Reserve Card. 15% discount off cost of Car Care services (including taxes) will be provided as a statement credit. The American Express Aeroplan No Fee Reserve Card is not eligible for this benefit. Only Canadian American Express Cards are eligible for the Car Care services. Subject to availability. Access to the Car Care services is available in Terminal 1 on level 5 of the Daily Park garage. For more information on parking lots visit torontopearson.com.
13. Underwritten by Chubb Life Insurance Company of Canada (“Chubb Life”). Use your Card to book tickets for your spouse, dependent children (under 23) or any Supplementary Cardmember and they can also be covered. Spouse and dependent children (under 23) of Supplementary Cardmembers can also be covered. You may contact the insurer at 1-877-777-1544 in Canada or visit www.chubb.com/ca.
14. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. You may contact the insurer at 1-888-877-1710 in Canada and the U.S. or visit www.rsagroup.ca.
15. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
†: All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
TM, ®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*, TM*: For trademark ownership details see: americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks