You can use your points to offset eligible purchases charged to your Card. Plus, with select partners, you can even pay with your points at checkout!
Have any questions? See our FAQS
Please note: Use Points for Purchases replaces TripFlex™, Points for Credit, and PointFlex™ redemption options across Personal and Small Business Cards. Corporate Cards are not eligible for Use Points for Purchases. Eligible Corporate Cards enrolled in Corporate Membership Rewards can continue to redeem for TripFlex rewards and Points for Credit by calling 1-866-568-0308.
1. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Redemption rates may vary by Eligible Card. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases, will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card. All Eligible Purchases: 1,000 points = $10 statement credit.
For full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call 1-800-668-AMEX (2639). Small Business
Cardmembers, please call 1-888-721-1046.
To use your MR Points to purchase eligible items at Amazon.ca, your eligible Membership Rewards program account (“MR Points Account”) must be linked to your Amazon.ca account through the enrolment process. We reserve the right to restrict your use of Shop with Points or to un-enrol your MR Points Account by de-linking it from your Amazon.ca account at any time in our sole discretion, including when we suspect misuse or fraud.
You agree that Amazon.com.ca, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Amazon”) may share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex Bank of Canada and its affiliates (collectively, “Amex”). Amex may share information with Amazon regarding your Membership Rewards points account for the sole purpose of managing and facilitating the Shop With Points program using membership rewards points. This information sharing allows us to link your Amazon.ca account to your MR Points Account and, once enrolled, Amex may provide Amazon with information about your MR Points Account, including your total MR Points balance. We may also share information that you have provided
to Amazon with Amex so that Amex can perform its functions with respect to the Shop with Points program, including processing payments made with MR Points. Neither Amazon or Amex will use information provided to it by the other party in support of the Shop With Points program for any purpose other than as expressly set forth in this paragraph.
Certain items at Amazon.ca are not eligible for purchase using MR Points, and these items may change at any time. MR Points may not be used when making purchases with 1-Click. If you do not have enough MR Points to pay for your eligible purchase, you can pay for the remainder with the Amex credit or charge card linked to your MR Points Account, or an Amazon.ca Gift Certificate. Your MR Points balance will typically be reduced to reflect the amount of your purchase at the time of your order, but in some cases it may not reflect your use of MR Points for pending purchase transactions until the purchase has shipped or otherwise been fulfilled. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough MR Points in your MR Points Account at the time your MR Points are ultimately redeemed. If you don’t have enough MR
points remaining in your MR Points account at the time they are to be redeemed, you will be required to authorize another payment method. Your Amex credit or charge Card will not be charged automatically. MR Points may not currently be combined with other rewards programs to make eligible purchases using Shop with Points at Amazon.ca.
Returns are subject to Amazon’s returns policy. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using only MR Points, those MR Points will be credited to your Points Account. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using MR Points and another payment method, Amazon may, in its sole discretion, credit the return to the other payment method before crediting MR Points to your MR Points Account. This is different from the order in which payment methods (MR points, Amex credit and charge Card and stored value Card) are applied at the time of purchase. See ordering section of the FAQ for details. If you no longer have an active MR points account or, if applicable, Amex credit or charge Card, Amazon may process your return by providing you with an Amazon gift card.
If you use a Corporate Card to make a purchase (whether alone or in conjunction with MR points), you agree that you are using the Corporate Card in accordance with your company’s policy. In the event that a returned item results in a credit to your Corporate Card instead of a return of MR points, it is your sole responsibility to resolve this with your company and you agree to hold Amazon and American Express harmless in respect of any loss you may incur.
American Express Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply and are available at membershiprewards.ca or at www.americanexpress.ca/corporateMRterms for Corporate Membership Rewards Program Owners.
3. To qualify:
- You must charge your purchase to an eligible American Express Card enrolled in the Canadian Membership Rewards program.
- Your American Express Card account(s) must be in good standing.
- You must have available the minimum number of Membership Rewards points indicated to redeem for this purchase.
- Your American Express Card account will be charged for that day’s purchase. If you qualify, American Express will debit Membership Rewards points from your program account and issue a credit for the corresponding dollar amount to the Card account charged for your ticket purchase. Credits may not appear during the same billing period as the charge for your ticket purchase. If the points redeemed do not cover the entire amount of the charge for your ticket purchase, the charge for the balance of the purchase will remain on your Card account. Ticket purchases failing to qualify for Membership Rewards point redemption will remain charged to your American Express Card account and are subject to the venue’s and Ticketmaster’s no refund/no exchange policy.
- Permitted returns of Ticketmaster tickets that result in a credit on your Card account will not automatically result in a credit to your Membership Rewards account. In order to receive a Membership Rewards credit, please call the number on the back of your Card.
- If you use an eligible American Express Credit Card, please note that a Membership Rewards redemption credit to your Card account is not considered a payment. You must still make a separate payment in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
- If the American Express Installment Program applies to you and you also redeem points for one or more transactions, the Installment Program will take precedence and the credit will apply to your account in the regular course. This could result in you having a credit balance on your account. If you want to reduce the credit balance, you can cancel any active installment plans you may have. See the Installment Program terms and conditions in your Cardmember Agreement for details, if applicable.
- If you use a Corporate Card to make a purchase (whether alone or in conjunction with Membership Rewards (“MR”) or Corporate MR points),
you agree that you are using the Corporate Card in accordance with your company’s policy.
If you have questions regarding your Points or your Points Account, please contact American Express at the number listed on the back of your Card.
4. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing agent terms, conditions and fees. Not all seats are available. All sales are final. No refunds. No exchanges.
5. Donations of points are not tax deductible and Membership Rewards points cannot be redeemed for cash. A minimum of 1,000 Membership Rewards points is required to be redeemed for a $10 charitable donation.