† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
* Subject to approval. The preferred rate for purchases is 19.99% and funds advances is 22.99%. If you have Missed Payments, the applicable rates for your account will be 23.99% and/or 26.99%. See the information box included with the application for the definition of Missed Payment and which rates apply to charges on your account and other details. Maximum of 99 Supplementary Cards. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
1. 30,000 Welcome Bonus points - This offer is only available to new American Express Business EdgeTM Cardmembers. For current or former American Express Business EdgeTM Cardmembers, we may approve your application, but you will not be eligible for the Welcome Bonus. Offer subject to change. To qualify for the Welcome Bonus you must have at least $5,000 in net purchases posted to your account in your first 3 months of Cardmembership. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for the Welcome Bonus to be awarded.
2. 1,000 Monthly Bonus points - To qualify, you must have at least $3,000 in net purchases posted to your account by the last day of each billing period. Purchases made during a billing period but posted after the end of that billing period may not count towards eligible spend for that month. If this occurs, that purchase will count towards eligible spend for the next billing period. For example, if your monthly billing period is from Oct 15 to Nov 14, a purchase made on Nov 14 (transaction date) and posts on Nov 15 (posting date) may not count for eligible spend for that month. In this case, that purchase will count towards spend in the next month's billing period. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks for your bonus points to be awarded.
3. Maximum of 99 Supplementary Cards per account. Supplementary Card applicant must be the age of majority. No annual fee for supplementary cards.
4. You can earn Membership Rewards points for eligible purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 3 points for every $1 at or for (i) office supply retailers whose primary business is the sale of office supplies in Canada, (ii) electronic goods retailers whose primary business is the sale of electronics in Canada, (iii) stand-alone automobile gasoline stations in Canada, (iv) local commuter transportation in Canada including subway, streetcar, taxi, limousine and ride sharing services, (v) restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and (vi) delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries, up to a combined maximum of 75,000 Membership Rewards points earned on net purchases posted to your account annually on all these categories. Once the maximum is reached, you will no longer earn at 3 points for every $1 regardless of any deductions of points for credits, returns and adjustments. Earn 1 point for every $1 thereafter. Calculation resets to zero each year on the Cardmembership anniversary date. Purchases at merchants where these categories are not their primary business such as general merchandise retailers do not qualify. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less credits and adjustments. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points. Points are not eligible for transfer to programs that offer airline and frequent flyer redemptions.
5. All references to you means the Basic Cardmember.
6. Your account must be in good standing. If this is a personal or family referral, you agree to only make recommendations to known friends and family members with whom you have a relationship and who have confirmed to you that they want to receive this communication. If this is a referral in the context of your business, you agree to only make recommendations to business contacts whom you know and have consented to receive this recommendation from you. You must not send recommendations to people you do not know. Whenever you reach out to a potential referral, you will only use content we provide. Any additional statements you make cannot be inconsistent with our content and must be truthful, accurate and not misleading. You should not publish or distribute your referral link in locations where the audience is likely to include individuals with whom you do not have a business, personal or family relationship or who may not be interested in the offer. You can only receive a maximum referral bonus of 75,000 points per calendar year for approved referrals, which includes eligible referral bonus amounts from both (i) special or limited time referral offers and (ii) regular referral offers credited to your account in that calendar year. Referral bonus for each approved referral and maximum annual referral bonus limit may change at any time and if you change card products. Should the referral bonus amount change during the calendar year, you may receive a partial bonus depending on the available maximum bonus points. You are not eligible to receive this referral bonus offer if you have already reached your maximum annual referral bonus limit. The referral bonus will be awarded to you based on each eligible referral for which American Express receives an application that is subsequently approved, subject to all applicable terms and conditions. Your referral bonus will be awarded in the calendar year in which the eligible referral application is approved and not when the referral application is received. Due to the confidential nature of the approval process, you will not be notified when applications are approved or declined and any individual you have referred must agree to allow your account to be bonused upon approval or you will not receive the referral bonus. If our records indicate that any person you have referred has opted not to receive e-mails from us, your referral will not be sent and you will not receive the referral bonus offered as part of this program. Referral program varies by product and may be modified, suspended, cancelled or otherwise terminated without notice. Cannot be combined with any other offer. If the people that you refer have already applied for the product that you are referring without participating in this program, neither you nor they will be eligible for any referral bonus that may be offered as part of this program. Likewise, if the people you refer decide to apply for a Card through this referral program other than the one you have specifically recommended, the referral bonus for which you and they may be eligible will vary. You will only use the delivery methods we provide. By participating in the referral program, you are requesting that emails be sent on your behalf to individuals with whom you have a business, personal or family relationship. Any violation or abuse of this referral program including, sending emails to individuals with whom you have no business, personal or family relationship, efforts to bypass, manipulate, obscure or otherwise modify the delivery and accurate presentation of the referral link, sharing tools, content, disclosures, instructions or other materials we provide will be considered a breach of these Terms and make you ineligible for any referral bonus and/or result in your termination from the program. Referral program participants should allow 8 to 10 weeks for the award of the referral bonus once program criteria have been met and must be enrolled in the corresponding loyalty program (if applicable) when the referral bonus is awarded. American Express reserves the right to limit, cancel, or revoke a referral or welcome bonus if it determines, in its sole discretion, you have violated these Terms. All products and services are subject to applicable Terms and Conditions.
7. Membership Rewards points are accepted as payment for a wide range of travel options through American Express Travel Services. Membership Rewards points can be used to pay for new travel purchases, including taxes and surcharges. Membership Rewards points are not refundable. Membership Rewards points have no cash value. Travel selections are based on available space and are subject to terms and conditions of travel suppliers. For car rental companies and hotels that do not accept prepaid bookings, contact American Express Travel Services at 1-800-668-9147 or (416) 868-1888 for details about how you can use your Membership Rewards points.
In order to redeem points for any travel booking, the Membership Rewards Program account must be active and the Card must be in good standing.
If a transaction is eligible for participation in the American Express Installment Program and you also redeem points for that transaction, the Installment Program will take precedence and the credit will apply to your account in the regular course. This could result in you having a credit balance on your account. If you want to reduce the credit balance you can remove the transaction from the Installment Program. See Installment Program terms and conditions for details.
Bookings are also subject to American Express Travel Terms and Conditions. To view these please visit americanexpress.ca/termsandconditions.
8. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 points per redemption. Redemption rates may vary by Eligible Card. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. If an otherwise Eligible Purchase participates in the American Express Installment Program, only the amount billed each month will be counted as an Eligible Purchase. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card.
To use your MR points to purchase eligible items at Amazon.ca, your eligible Membership Rewards program account (“MR points Account”) must be linked to your Amazon.ca account through the enrollment process. We reserve the right to restrict your use of Shop with Points or to un-enroll your MR points Account by de-linking it from your Amazon.ca account at any time in our sole discretion, including when we suspect misuse or fraud.
You agree that Amazon.com.ca, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Amazon”) may share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex Bank of Canada and its affiliates (collectively, “Amex”). Amex may share information with Amazon regarding your Membership Rewards points account for the sole purpose of managing and facilitating the Shop with Points program using membership rewards points. This information sharing allows us to link your Amazon.ca account to your MR points Account and, once enrolled, Amex may provide Amazon with information about your MR points Account, including your total MR points balance. We may also share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex so that Amex can perform its functions with respect to the Shop with Points program, including processing payments made with MR points. Neither Amazon nor Amex will use information provided to it by the other party in support of the Shop With Points program for any purpose other than as expressly set forth in this paragraph.
Certain items at Amazon.ca are not eligible for purchase using MR points, and these items may change at any time. MR points may not be used when making purchases with 1-Click. If you do not have enough MR points to pay for your eligible purchase, you can pay for the remainder with the Amex credit or charge card linked to your MR points Account, or an Amazon.ca Gift Certificate. Your MR points balance will typically be reduced to reflect the amount of your purchase at the time of your order, but in some cases it may not reflect your use of MR points for pending purchase transactions until the purchase has shipped or otherwise been fulfilled. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough MR points in your MR points Account at the time your MR points are ultimately redeemed. If you don’t have enough MR points remaining in your MR points account at the time they are to be redeemed, you will be required to authorize another payment method. Your Amex credit or charge card will not be charged automatically. MR points may not currently be combined with other rewards programs to make eligible purchases using Shop with Points at Amazon.ca.
Returns are subject to Amazon’s returns policy. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using only MR points, those MR points will be credited to your Points Account. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using MR points and another payment method, Amazon may, in its sole discretion, credit the return to the other payment method before crediting MR points to your MR points Account. This is different from the order in which payment methods (MR points, Amex credit and charge card and stored value card) are applied at the time of purchase. See ordering section of the FAQ for details. If you no longer have an active MR points account or, if applicable, Amex credit or charge card, Amazon may process your return by providing you with an Amazon gift card.
If you use a Corporate Card to make a purchase (whether alone or in conjunction with MR points), you agree that you are using the Corporate Card in accordance with your company’s policy. In the event that a returned item results in a credit to your Corporate Card instead of a return of MR points, it is your sole responsibility to resolve this with your company and you agree to hold Amazon and American Express harmless in respect of any loss you may incur. American Express Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply and are available at membershiprewards.ca or at www.americanexpress.ca/corporateMRterms for Corporate Membership Rewards Program Owners.
10. Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for Gift Cards, Certificates and other merchandise. The Gift Card or Certificate is subject to the Terms and Conditions indicated on the reward. For Full Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call the number on the back of your Card.
11. Basic and Supplementary Card annual fees may be tax deductible in Canada, if used solely for business purposes; please consult your tax professional.
12. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada.
13. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. This coverage can only apply when you are authorized and permitted by law to operate the rental car.
14. Underwritten by Royal & Sun Alliance Insurance Company of Canada. Applies to eligible items fully charged to your American Express Business EdgeTM Card worldwide, provided the manufacturer’s warranty is valid in Canada and the U.S and does not exceed five years.
15. Fraud Protection Guarantee - Use the American Express Card online or off, and you won’t be held responsible for any fraudulent charges, as long as you’ve taken reasonable care to protect your account details and PIN. Notify us at once if your Card is lost or stolen, or you suspect it is being used without your permission.
16. Purchase must be charged in full to an American Express Card. Subject to availability and to event and ticketing terms, restrictions, verification procedures and fees. Tickets and packages may not be transferable and should not be resold. No refunds and no exchanges subject to merchant's obligations under applicable law.
17. Subject to capacity. Admittance granted with an American Express Card. Beverages will be for purchase. Must be 19 years of age or older to have alcohol and must have a valid ID. Please drink responsibly.