1. The Cardmember is entitled to complimentary access to any Maple Leaf Lounge located in Canada and the United States, including International Maple Leaf Lounges in Canada and the United States when travelling on an international itinerary. Access excludes Air Canada Signature Suites and lounges operated by third parties, such as Star Alliance member airlines. Guests of the Cardmembers may enter upon paying an applicable fee. Access will be granted in conjunction with a same-day, confirmed ticket on a flight marketed or operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, under the Air Canada Express brand, or any Star Alliance member airline. Anyone under the age of majority entering a Maple Leaf Lounge must be accompanied by an adult with access to the lounge. Age of majority is determined by the jurisdiction in which the Maple Leaf Lounge is located. Benefit may only be used as described, and otherwise cannot be transferred. Access is subject to space availability. See www.aircanada.com/lounges-termsandconditions for applicable Maple Leaf Lounges Terms and Conditions.
2. The Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of nine (9) travellers), are each entitled to Priority Check-in (where available), Zone 2 Priority Boarding and Priority Baggage Handling. Benefits only apply when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. To access this benefit, the Cardmember may be required to show their qualifying card to the Air Canada agent.
3. The Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of nine (9) travellers), are each entitled to Priority Airport Standby, and a higher priority for upgrade requests to a premium cabin. Priority airport standby and upgrade clearance are available on day of travel when travelling on a fare that allows for airport standby or upgrades, and upon satisfying applicable condition(s), such as payment of fees or use of upgrade instrument(s), such as eUpgrade credits. Benefit only applies for flights operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge, or under the Air Canada Express brand. Priority on standby and upgrade lists is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, holding Aeroplan Elite Status, an eligible Aeroplan credit card, and other rules as determined by Air Canada in its sole discretion and as may be changed by Air Canada from time to time. See www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions for applicable Aeroplan Elite Status and eUpgrade conditions.
4. For every $5,000 in eligible purchases (less any returns, credits and adjustments) charged to the card and posted to the card account, Cardmembers will earn 1,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) and 1 Status Qualifying Segment (SQS) which will be deposited in their Aeroplan member account and appear on the next card account billing statement. Please allow at least three (3) days after your account billing statement for the SQM and SQS to be added to your Aeroplan account. SQM and SQS are not redeemable towards Aeroplan rewards and only count toward Aeroplan Elite Status qualification. SQM do not count towards Million Mile Status. Cardmembers may earn unlimited bonus SQM and SQS during an Aeroplan Elite Status qualification period. In the case of returns, credits or adjustments that reduce the amount of net purchases below a previously achieved threshold for which SQM and SQS was not previously awarded, you may not earn the SQM and SQS, but if you were awarded SQM and SQS, the amount deducted could result in you having negative net purchases and you will have to make purchases if you wanted to bring your net purchases to zero before earning towards your next SQM and SQS. All Aeroplan Elite Status conditions apply and can be reviewed at www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions.
5. The Cardmembers who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 200,000 Status Qualifying Miles (SQM) from the prior qualification year to the next qualification year. This benefit applies when the member qualified for Aeroplan Elite Status by earning the required SQM or Status Qualifying Segments (SQS), as well as the required Status Qualifying Dollars (SQD), in the prior qualification year. If the member has been granted complimentary status, as determined by Air Canada, that is higher than the status they would have earned via their Status Qualifying balances, the rollover amount will be based on the status they would have earned otherwise (if any), and not the granted status. SQM rolled over from the previous qualifying year will apply towards status qualification for the following qualifying year. Rollover SQM will be deposited directly into the member's Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year, provided the member earned at least Aeroplan 25K Status based on their Status Qualifying balances from the prior qualifying year. Rollover does not apply to SQS or SQD. In the event the card is changed to a different product or the account is closed, regardless of reason for closure, any SQM rolled over as a result of this benefit will be removed from the Aeroplan account, and any status earned as a result of these rolled over SQM may also be rescinded. SQM do not count towards Million Mile Status and are not redeemable towards Aeroplan rewards. Where a Cardmember is eligible to roll over SQM under another Aeroplan credit card, the total cumulative roll over of all SQM towards Aeroplan Elite Status cannot exceed the maximum of 200,000 SQM. All Aeroplan Elite Status conditions apply and can be reviewed at www.aircanada.com/elite-termsandconditions.
6. The Cardmembers who also hold Aeroplan Elite Status will be able to roll over up to a maximum of 50 eUpgrade credits received in the prior status year to the next status year. eUpgrade credits issued on a promotional basis, as well as those already rolled over from a previous benefit year, are not eligible for this benefit. Rollover eUpgrade credits will be deposited directly into the member's Aeroplan account no later than March 30 of any given year, provided the member holds Aeroplan Elite Status at that time, and held Aeroplan Elite Status in the previous benefit year. If the card is changed to a different product or the account is closed, regardless of reason for closure, any unused, rolled over eUpgrade credits will be forfeited and removed from the member’s eUpgrade account. Where a Cardmember is eligible to roll over eUpgrade credits under another Aeroplan credit card, the total cumulative roll over of all eUpgrade credits cannot exceed the maximum of 50 eUpgrade credits. All eUpgrade conditions apply and can be reviewed at www.aircanada.com/eupgrade-termsandconditions.
7. Cardmembers will receive one (1) Annual Companion Pass after spending more than $25,000 on net purchases (less any returns, credits, and adjustments) posted to the Cardmember’s card account in the 12 months prior to their Card anniversary date. The pass will be deposited into the Aeroplan account 8-10 weeks after the Card anniversary date. On each Card anniversary date, the calculation of the annual net purchases resets to zero and Cardmembers must qualify again in the new annual period. Purchases transacted or posted on the Card anniversary date will be included in the calculation of net purchases for the next annual period and not the previous annual period. The pass entitles a companion to accompany the Cardmember upon the purchase of a fixed base fare (plus taxes, fees, charges and surcharges), when the Cardmember books a published economy fare on a flight marketed and operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Valid against the purchase of one round-trip fixed based fare (plus taxes, fees, charges and surcharges) for a companion when travelling on the same itinerary and booked at the same time as the Cardmember. Passes are valid for 12 months from the date issued. The pass is valid towards a new booking only, and not valid on existing reservations. Bookings must be made directly with Air Canada, via aircanada.com, the Air Canada Mobile App, or through the Air Canada call center (“Air Canada Reservations”). Maximum of one companion pass may be used per booking. If one-way travel is booked, the full base fare will be charged, the pass will be deemed fully used and the return portion of travel will be forfeited. Total pricing varies based on itinerary booked. Cardmembers may use the pass only once on their choice of travel (i) within Canada and continental US (excluding Hawaii) for $99 CAD base fare (ii) to/from Hawaii, Mexico, Central America, and the Caribbean for $299 CAD base fare, (iii) to/from South America, Europe, Middle East, and Africa for $499 CAD base fare, and (iv) to/from Asia, Australia, and New Zealand for $599 CAD base fare. In addition to the purchase of a fixed base fare, the companion will be responsible to pay all applicable taxes, fees, charges and surcharges that apply above the companion’s base fare. All travel must originate or terminate in Canada or the United States. Valid for travel at any time with no blackout periods. Also valid against the purchase of fares on sale. The companion will be booked into the same fare brand as the Cardmember and will receive all applicable benefits and services associated with that fare brand. The pass may not be used against the purchase of premium cabin fares, or in conjunction with Aeroplan flight rewards, Flight Pass, group travel bookings, Air Canada Vacations bookings, or any other discounts or promotion codes. The pass must be redeemed at the time of purchase, and if multiple companion passes are available in association with the same Aeroplan number, the pass that would expire first will be used. Booking must be made before the pass expiry date, but travel may occur after the pass expiry date subject to flight schedule availability at the time of booking. Pass may only be used as described, cannot be transferred and has no monetary or exchange value. Changes or cancellations are allowed according to the fare rules of the fare purchased. Changes and cancellations must be made at the same time for both the Cardmember and the companion, and failure to do so may result in the companion pass being forfeited. If during a change or cancellation the pass is reinstated in the Cardmember’s Aeroplan account, the original expiry date will take effect and the pass may then be considered expired. In the event of a change or cancellation, travelers are required to pay all applicable fees based on the fare type purchased for each ticket, plus the difference in fare, if applicable, and all taxes, fees, charges and surcharges that apply above the base fare. The Cardmember’s account must be and remain active (not cancelled) and in good standing in order to receive and retain the reward. Companions who are members of Aeroplan or other partner frequent flyer programs are eligible to accumulate points and/or miles for the ticket issued in exchange for the companion pass according to conditions of the fare brand purchased. Aeroplan Elite Status benefits and upgrades are applicable if the traveler holds appropriate status and the fare purchased allows. Air Canada reserves the right to apply additional fees for bookings made via Air Canada Reservations. Unused passes will automatically be cancelled on the date the card account is cancelled, regardless of reason for cancellation, or if the card account is changed to a different product. Air transportation services on Air Canada are subject to Air Canada’s General Conditions of Carriage & Tariffs (www.aircanada.com/conditionsofcarriage) at the time of booking.
8. The Cardmember, and up to eight (8) other passengers traveling on the same reservation (up to a maximum of 9 travellers), are each entitled to a free first checked bag up to 23kg/50lb. Benefit only applies when checking in with Air Canada, for a flight operated by Air Canada, Air Canada Rouge or under the Air Canada Express brand. Benefit is not available if check-in is with another airline. If the first checked bag is already complimentary (for example, as a result of Aeroplan Elite Status or fare purchased), there is no additional checked bag benefit that will be provided. Free first checked bag benefit may not be applied retroactively, and no refunds will be issued. Service charges for additional/oversized/overweight baggage may apply. For more information on baggage restrictions, please visit www.aircanada.com/baggage.
9. From time to time, eligible Aeroplan Cardmembers can get access to preferred pricing, which means they can book flight rewards for even fewer points. The number of points required to book a flight reward is determined by several factors, including, but not limited to, holding an eligible Aeroplan credit card, along with other rules as determined by Aeroplan in its sole discretion.
®: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express.
®*, TM: For trademark ownership details see: americanexpress.ca/aeroplantrademarks.