WHEN YOU'RE BORN
DISCOVER THE CARD
THAT FUELS IT.
THAT FUELS IT.
THAT FUELS IT.
Run your business your way, with the Card that rewards you with benefits, points, and special offers.
1. You can earn Membership Rewards points for eligible purchases at American Express retail merchants as follows: Earn 3 points for every $1 at or for (i) office supply retailers whose primary business is the sale of office supplies in Canada, (ii) electronic goods retailers whose primary business is the sale of electronics in Canada, (iii) stand-alone automobile gasoline stations in Canada, (iv) local commuter transportation in Canada including subway, streetcar, taxi, limousine and ride sharing services, (v) restaurant, quick service restaurant, coffee shop and drinking establishments in Canada, and (vi) delivery of food in Canada as a primary business, but not including groceries, up to a combined maximum of 75,000 Membership Rewards points earned on net purchases posted to your account annually on all these categories. Once the maximum is reached, you will no longer earn at 3 points for every $1 regardless of any deductions of points for credits, returns and adjustments. Earn 1 point for every $1 thereafter. Calculation resets to zero each year on the Cardmembership anniversary date. Purchases at merchants where these categories are not their primary business such as general merchandise retailers do not qualify. Merchants are typically assigned codes and categorized based on what they sell. Earn rate of 1 point for every $1 applies when the merchant code is not in an eligible category, using a payment account or service of a third party, a card reader attached to a mobile phone or online retailer that sells goods of other merchants or the merchant category is otherwise not identified. Provided your account is in good standing, points can be earned on eligible purchases less credits and adjustments. Interest charges, annual fees, other fees and cash equivalent transactions are not purchases and do not qualify for Membership Rewards points. Points are not eligible for transfer to programs that offer airline and frequent flyer redemptions.
2. To qualify, you must have at least $3,000 in net purchases posted to your account by the last dayof each billing period. Purchases made during a billing period but posted after the end of that billingperiod may not count towards eligible spend for that month. If this occurs, that purchase will counttowards eligible spend for the next billing period. For example, if your monthly billing period is fromOct 15 toNov 14, a purchase made on Nov 14 (transaction date) and posts on Nov 15 (posting date) may notcount for eligible spend for that month. In this case, that purchase will count towards spend in thenext month’s billing period. Account must be in good standing. Please allow up to eight weeks foryour bonus points to be awarded.
3. You can redeem Membership Rewards points for a statement credit towards an Eligible Purchase charged to an Eligible Card. You must redeem a minimum of 1,000 Points per redemption. Redemption rates may vary by Eligible Card. Statement credits on your Card Account should not exceed the aggregate amount of the Eligible Purchase(s) on your Eligible Card. You can register for online services to view your Eligible Purchases and to redeem online. Only Eligible Purchases posted to your Card Account during the last 3 months, up to 150 most recent Eligible Purchases will be displayed for redemption. If you wish to redeem points towards an Eligible Purchase within the last 12 months that is not displayed online, please contact us at the number listed on the back of your Card.
4. The Fixed Points Travel Program applies to return airfares offered through American Express Travel Services Canada or americanexpress.ca/travel. Card account must be in good standing. To be eligible and be presented with this redemption option, you must have sufficient Membership Rewards points (“points”) at the time of booking. When booking for multiple travellers on the same itinerary, you must have enough points to cover all travellers.
Under the Fixed Points Travel Program, a fixed number of points covers the base ticket price of eligible flights up to the applicable maximum base ticket price. The flight grid includes the fixed number of points with the corresponding applicable maximum base ticket price required per category.
The base ticket price (often referred to by airlines as the base fare) excludes taxes, fees and carrier surcharges. You will be charged for these additional costs and any dollar amount that exceeds the applicable maximum base ticket price. If the base ticket price for an eligible flight is below the applicable maximum base ticket price, the difference: (i) cannot be used to cover taxes, fees or carrier surcharges; (ii) will not be credited to your Card account; and (iii) will not be applied to cover additional costs associated with changes or cancellations. The full cost of the flight, including taxes, fees and carrier surcharges will be charged to your Card upon booking. Within 5-10 business days from the date of booking, you will receive a statement credit for the base ticket price up to the applicable maximum base ticket price.
Example 1: A select route requires a redemption of 20,000 points and the maximum base ticket price is $300. If an eligible flight for this route has a base ticket price of $250 plus $100 in taxes, fees and carrier surcharges (total cost of flight amounts to $350), then you will be required to redeem 20,000 points and will be charged $350; you will then receive a statement credit for $250 (the base ticket price).
If you decide to change this booking reservation for a new eligible flight with a higher base ticket price (such as $275), then in addition to all other applicable charges, you will also be required to pay an additional $25 (the difference between $250 and $275) even though the new base ticket price is below the $300 maximum base ticket price.
Example 2: A select route requires a redemption of 20,000 points and the maximum base ticket price is $300. If an eligible flight for this route has a base ticket price of $350 plus $100 in taxes, fees and carrier surcharges (total cost of flight amounts to $450), then you will be required to redeem 20,000 points and will be charged $450; you will then receive a statement credit for $300 (the maximum base ticket price).
You are responsible for any additional charges as a result of any changes or cancellations to your booking. Subject to an airline’s policy, a change or cancellation may result in a credit to your Card account and/or a credit with the respective airline. In neither case will the points you redeemed for this flight be returned to you. Flight availability and prices of flights are subject to availability and set by the airlines. Eligible routes are based on the International Air Transport Association airport code classification.
If the American Express Installment Program applies to you and you also redeem points for one or more transactions, the Installment Program will take precedence and the credit will apply to your account in the regular course. This could result in you having a credit balance on your account. If you want to reduce the credit balance, you can cancel any active installment plans you may have. See the Installment Program terms and conditions in your Cardmember Agreement for details, if applicable.
American Express can suspend or terminate the Fixed Points Travel Program at any time it deems necessary, and reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions, including but not limited to the flight grid above, at any time.
The Terms and Conditions of the American Express Membership Rewards Program will continue to apply. Visit MembershipRewards.ca to view the full Membership Rewards Program Terms and Conditions. In the event of a conflict, these Terms and Conditions prevail for the Fixed Points Travel Program.
To use your MR points to purchase eligible items at Amazon.ca, your eligible Membership Rewards program account (“MR points Account”) must be linked to your Amazon.ca account through the enrollment process. We reserve the right to restrict your use of Shop with Points or to un-enroll your MR points Account by de-linking it from your Amazon.ca account at any time in our sole discretion, including when we suspect misuse or fraud.
You agree that Amazon.com.ca, Inc. and its affiliates (collectively, “Amazon”) may share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex Bank of Canada and its affiliates (collectively, “Amex”). Amex may share information with Amazon regarding your Membership Rewards points account for the sole purpose of managing and facilitating the Shop With Points program using membership rewards points. This information sharing allows us to link your Amazon.ca account to your MR points Account and, once enrolled, Amex may provide Amazon with information about your MR points Account, including your total MR points balance. We may also share information that you have provided to Amazon with Amex so that Amex can perform its functions with respect to the Shop with Points program, including processing payments made with MR points. Neither Amazon or Amex will use information provided to it by the other party in support of the Shop With Points program for any purpose other than as expressly set forth in this paragraph.
Certain items at Amazon.ca are not eligible for purchase using MR points, and these items may change at any time. MR points may not be used when making purchases with 1-Click. If you do not have enough MR points to pay for your eligible purchase, you can pay for the remainder with the Amex credit or charge card linked to your MR points Account, or an Amazon.ca Gift Certificate. Your MR points balance will typically be reduced to reflect the amount of your purchase at the time of your order, but in some cases it may not reflect your use of MR points for pending purchase transactions until the purchase has shipped or otherwise been fulfilled. It is your responsibility to ensure that you have enough MR points in your MR points Account at the time your MR points are ultimately redeemed. If you don’t have enough MR points remaining in your MR points account at the time they are to be redeemed, you will be required to authorize another payment method. Your Amex credit or charge card will not be charged automatically. MR points may not currently be combined with other rewards programs to make eligible purchases using Shop with Points at Amazon.ca.
Returns are subject to Amazon’s returns policy. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using only MR points, those MR points will be credited to your Points Account. If Amazon accepts a return for an item you purchased using MR points and another payment method, Amazon may, in its sole discretion, credit the return to the other payment method before crediting MR points to your MR points Account. This is different from the order in which payment methods (MR points, Amex credit and charge card and stored value card) are applied at the time of purchase. See ordering section of the FAQ for details. If you no longer have an active MR points account or, if applicable, Amex credit or charge card, Amazon may process your return by providing you with an Amazon gift card.
American Express Membership Rewards Terms and Conditions apply and are available at membershiprewards.ca or at www.americanexpress.ca/corporateMRterms for Corporate Membership Rewards Program Owners.
6. Membership Rewards points can be redeemed for Gift Cards, Certificates and other merchandise. The Gift Card or Certificate is subject to the Terms and Conditions indicated on the reward. For Full Membership Rewards Terms & Conditions, visit membershiprewards.ca or call the number on the back of your Card.
Get access to must-see shows and events
Say hello to American Express Invites®1. It opens the door to memorable experiences we think you’ll love. It’s your table at the restaurant everyone is talking about. Your chance to get tickets to some of the hottest concerts through Front Of The Line®1. Or to reserve your seat at the next big blockbuster. It’s your invitation to the latest must-see productions. Your chance to say “I was there”.
Get in on incredible offers3
You can find offers tailored to you for dining, shopping, travel, and more through the Amex App or Online Services. New offers are always being added, so be sure to check regularly.
† All insurance coverage is subject to the terms and conditions of their respective master policies. Certain limitations, exclusions and restrictions apply. Please read your Certificates of Insurance carefully.
®, TM: Used by Amex Bank of Canada under license from American Express